PDA

View Full Version : Diablosport & SSM

SouLRioT
04-16-2005, 01:27 PM
A few members were over at Diablo today and they offered to set up a drag day at Moroso Motorsports Park and a Dyno day at their R&D shop in Delray Beach, Fl. Everything is tenttive but from what they said they would pay for the rental of Moroso, with a possible date in October. Cost of the Dyno pulls is unknown right now, would be factored in by how many show up. What I would like to know is how many of you would be interested in either.

tmac1337
04-16-2005, 02:49 PM
Count me in!

These guys are the real deal. It was a great day today. Got to watch 7 hours of custom tuning and @8 pulls today on a Mercury Marauder. It was not even my car, but I still enjoyed all of it and learned a thing or two as well.

I do not need another tune but am happy to watch everyone else, not to mention the growing list of appointments for Diablo custom tuning that are currently being made. :)

Can't beat a free drag day!

Cobra25
04-16-2005, 05:16 PM
Sounds like a really nice idea.

tmac1337
04-16-2005, 05:40 PM
I need to get a time slip on my car now anyway :P

ghost03
04-17-2005, 05:10 AM
That sounds good count me in for both

MarauderTJA
04-17-2005, 08:09 AM
A few members were over at Diablo today and they offered to set up a drag day at Moroso Motorsports Park and a Dyno day at their R&D shop in Delray Beach, Fl. Everything is tenttive but from what they said they would pay for the rental of Moroso, with a possible date in October. Cost of the Dyno pulls is unknown right now, would be factored in by how many show up. What I would like to know is how many of you would be interested in either.I am interested as well. Just don't know right now if I will be home. Depends on the date(s) in October. Shift kit going in car tomorrow. Kooks system on the way per Dennis.

MarauderTJA
04-17-2005, 08:14 AM
I need to get a time slip on my car now anyway :P
Can't wait to get our cars side-by-side at the track:banana: .

tmac1337
04-17-2005, 08:37 AM
Can't wait to get our cars side-by-side at the track:banana: .

You go it pal! The duplication of my airbox is about to begin so we'll arm you with one too.

SouLRioT
04-17-2005, 10:11 AM
Did I fail to mention that this will be a FREE track day for Marauders only? I know there are more people out there that would love to do this.

Rick-n-Miami
04-17-2005, 12:28 PM
Hopefully by that time, I'll have a blower; so count me in. :)

tmac1337
04-17-2005, 01:47 PM
Hopefully by that time, I'll have a blower; so count me in. :)

Thats easy, I'll give you the stovenator for free! Get yourself an electric fan from Home Depot tied in to the battery and your all set!

The tune day and FREE day at Moroso compliments of Diablo are open to anyone who wants to make the drive, no matter which blower you have, mods you have, or if you live in another state.

ole69
04-17-2005, 04:00 PM
I'll still be there for moral support :cheer: :cheer:

See how much for us non MM,a nominal fee hopefully

Bootlegger
04-17-2005, 04:16 PM
Sounds good, I'd be interested in both.

SouLRioT
04-17-2005, 06:58 PM
I'll still be there for moral support :cheer: :cheer:

See how much for us non MM,a nominal fee hopefully

As long as your a member I'll make sure that you'll beable to go down the track for free no matter what ride you have.

MaLo03
04-17-2005, 07:55 PM
Count me in Bill......

SouLRioT
04-18-2005, 11:50 AM
Just to clear some info up, if things go through there would be two seperate days that the drag day and the dyno day would be. The drag day would be you basicly driving to Moroso and going down the track as many times as you can for free with only SSM members present. The Dyno day is not to get custom dyno tunes, but to get dyno numbers to see where you are at with the mods that you have. And if this turns out to have a big showing we would have another dyno day later on to see where you are at again with any new mods you have had done. If you have any questions fell free to ask.

tmac1337
04-18-2005, 04:54 PM
Anybody who is interested in a custom Diablo tune and needs a chip or Predator, PM or email me, I know a company that does free shipping, includes computer cables, and sells for significantly less than retail.

SouLRioT
04-19-2005, 02:10 PM
only 12 members interested??? I guess if we said it was $1 everyone would be wanting to go, but when its free your too skeptical. Before I contact them back I'd like to see atlest 25 Marauders. We've had this many at our Bradenton track day and the pic-nic's, so come on and vote, no money down so act fast.

ghost03
04-19-2005, 04:09 PM
That sounds like a commercial add on T.V.

MarauderTJA
04-20-2005, 05:53 AM
only 12 members interested??? I guess if we said it was $1 everyone would be wanting to go, but when its free your too skeptical. Before I contact them back I'd like to see atlest 25 Marauders. We've had this many at our Bradenton track day and the pic-nic's, so come on and vote, no money down so act fast.
Bill, have any dates been established? I will go if I am not on the road.
TOM, Cape Coral

SouLRioT
04-20-2005, 05:57 AM
Nothing is firm as far as dates, we were looking to have the dyno day maybe in june or july, then the drag day in october to get a little better E/Ts than the summer. But no dates will be made until we have the members wanting to go.

JFB
04-20-2005, 06:42 AM
Count me in for both !!

tmac1337
04-20-2005, 01:49 PM
This is a good chance for people with S/Cers to find out what their kit is making on the dyno.

SouLRioT
04-22-2005, 05:04 AM
:bump: Bump :bump:

lotusstv
04-22-2005, 05:54 AM
Bill,

Count me in for the drag day.

Lotusstv

Firedab
04-22-2005, 07:01 AM
Bill,

Count me in for the drag day.

Lotusstv

me too...

count me in...

thanks...

RoyLPita
04-22-2005, 07:19 AM
Let's see if the beast below can make it through BOTH. I'm in.

SouLRioT
05-11-2005, 05:02 AM
We had twelve people vote that they were going to go to the dyno day, please PM Ghost03 your names if your still interested. The Date has been set for June 18th, and its $75 a car, address as follows:

1865 SW Ave Suite D2
Delray Beach, FL 33444

Meet there by 8 AM, feel free to ask questions. If Hotels are needed for our out of town guests please let us know.

ole69
05-11-2005, 06:57 PM
Put me down for both......

shakes_26
05-11-2005, 08:16 PM
I'm all in!

David Morton
05-19-2005, 03:57 PM
Mine is in the shop right now getting a shift kit, alignment, and some minor flaws perfected since 3rd gear wiped out May 7th. Autoway Ford here in Bradenton is an SVT dealership and the guys there are very friendly to us modders. (I paid the tranny guy $20 to put a shift kit in it under warranty)

I've got the Diablosport tuner and think maybe it could use some fine tuning, although I'm not a bit unhappy with the results it gave me, 14.445 ET is doing pretty good N/A and basically stock otherwise, but this thing about losing 3rd gear so soon after I installed the new tune is sort of disconcerting and I wonder if the shift schedule or pressure tables maybe had something to do with it.

I'd love to go but I keep looking and can't get an idea of what the target date for this event is. What are we talking about? June? Anytime we get enough guys to go? Who's the head honcho for this thing now?

PS: If I can get there, and it's more like late June or July, I'll hopefully have a really cool bling thing that's gonna have everybody green with envy.

Nighttime, Vegas-style, high-tech, bling-o-rama!

shakes_26
05-19-2005, 04:17 PM
JUNE 18th.

SouLRioT
05-19-2005, 04:18 PM
We had twelve people vote that they were going to go to the dyno day, please PM Ghost03 your names if your still interested. The Date has been set for June 18th, and its $75 a car, address as follows:

1865 SW Ave Suite D2
Delray Beach, FL 33444

Meet there by 8 AM, feel free to ask questions. If Hotels are needed for our out of town guests please let us know.

Its all up ^ there Dave, hope you'll be able to make it, Diablo might beable to help out with your tuning while you are there.

David Morton
05-19-2005, 07:33 PM
I think I might be able to make it, but don't ask me for my credit card #. :o

What a great bunch of guys! But hey, we bought Marauders, so why am I suprised? :D

magindat
05-20-2005, 06:15 PM
I'd like to go. Lots to learn, you know!!!

SouLRioT
05-26-2005, 05:40 PM
So far we have only five confirmed members going, SouLRioT (ME), Ghost03, MaLo03, Shakes_26, and JoeB. If you are certain you will beable to go please PM me, orthwise it is looking like we might not reach our minimum amount of MMs for the dynos.

SouLRioT
06-10-2005, 12:05 PM
We are still ago sir. Look forward to seeing anyone who can make it.

Scott Beer

Automotive Calibration/ Research and Development

I just got this email from Scott. Its still a go for all that are still interested. Lets get the best showing that we can muster. If your not listed here: SouLRioT (ME), Ghost03, MaLo03, Shakes_26, and JoeB. Please PM Ghost03 that you are confirming that you want a dyno by diablo.

MarauderTJA
06-11-2005, 04:39 AM
I just got this email from Scott. Its still a go for all that are still interested. Lets get the best showing that we can muster. If your not listed here: SouLRioT (ME), Ghost03, MaLo03, Shakes_26, and JoeB. Please PM Ghost03 that you are confirming that you want a dyno by diablo.
Bill, count me in as well. I e-mailed Scott and hopefully will be getting a final tune for my car that day. I am going to come over the night before and probably stay at Tim's house. Trying to get in first thing in the morning befre everyones dyno pulls. If not, last.

David Morton
06-16-2005, 01:56 AM
I'm sorry to say I won't be able to go. My daughter comes first and we will be going to Washington DC, New York City, Niagara Falls and points-of-interest in-between for a vacation road trip.

SouLRioT
06-16-2005, 04:49 AM
I must have missed this thread, just a reminder that the dyno day is postponed. Please show up to the car museam with Larry.