PDA

View Full Version : Silver MM in Downers Grove?

Lou
04-16-2005, 01:31 PM
I've seen a silver MM on Main street in Downers grove twice this week. Anyone here own this one? My wife said a lady was driving it last.:help:

Lou
04-23-2005, 12:12 PM
Nobody wants to admit to this one?:)

I've seen a silver MM on Main street in Downers grove twice this week. Anyone here own this one? My wife said a lady was driving it last.:help:

ex00p71
04-27-2005, 12:18 PM
I keep seeing a silver Marauder in DG as well.

Fastronald
05-06-2005, 07:23 AM
My wife and I spotted a silver Marauder in Darien off 75th st. on the way to brother - in laws in Naperville yesterday.

wsmylie
05-06-2005, 08:12 AM
You folks may have seen me a few times in a silver 04 with Florida plates. Although am over in Cleveland at the moment, was in the south Chicago burb's area (Oaklawn, Alsip, Crestwood etc) from 4/24 until 5/4. Not sure if I went through Downwers Grove though. Saw a black MM with "Hawk L/M" license plate frame on 57 north bound on the way in. Saw another black one with IL plates on Cicero and 135. Also saw an extremely clean and freshly waxed 04 DTR with vanity plates on it parked in front of "Portillo's" on 95th Street in Oaklawn a few nights back.... the car looked perfect. I have hand washed mine twice there in Oaklawn at the coin car wash on Cicero just north of 111th Street. Will be back in Oaklawn area on Sunday for a couple more weeks. Best Regards to all you Windy City MM folks...BILL

Lou
05-06-2005, 08:18 AM
I keep seeing the Silver one from 63rd to 75th on Main St.
Downers Grove/Darien. I guess whoever it is doesn't drop in here. I keep
trying to put a Get Out Of Jail card on it but it never slows down enough.:help:

There is one around 59th and Cass I've carded with no response. I also carded a silver one at Tamarac Golf Course in Naperville last year but I'm not sure if it's the same one.:beatnik:

Fastronald
05-08-2005, 01:00 PM
Going out to brother - in - laws today.I'll keep an eye out.

Fastronald
05-09-2005, 01:30 PM
Spotted it in Darien again, this time going south on Cass ave. until he turned west on the Frontage road about 4:00 Sunday evening. This Marauder must be from the Westmont/Darien area.

michael ward
05-27-2005, 11:54 PM
You folks may have seen me a few times in a silver 04 with Florida plates. Although am over in Cleveland at the moment, was in the south Chicago burb's area (Oaklawn, Alsip, Crestwood etc) from 4/24 until 5/4. Not sure if I went through Downwers Grove though. Saw a black MM with "Hawk L/M" license plate frame on 57 north bound on the way in. Saw another black one with IL plates on Cicero and 135. Also saw an extremely clean and freshly waxed 04 DTR with vanity plates on it parked in front of "Portillo's" on 95th Street in Oaklawn a few nights back.... the car looked perfect. I have hand washed mine twice there in Oaklawn at the coin car wash on Cicero just north of 111th Street. Will be back in Oaklawn area on Sunday for a couple more weeks. Best Regards to all you Windy City MM folks...BILL that 04 dtr at portillo's would be me :D i also use that car wash .... we have great cars.....

Lou
05-31-2005, 01:44 PM
I just finished washing mine yesterday afternoon and here comes a black MM towing a boat right past my house. Anyone know who owns one with the plate MAL ONE???

I tried to flag him down but he wasn't paying attention.:coolman:

wsmylie
05-31-2005, 02:14 PM
I guess nobody has owned-up to the sil/birch in Downers Grove yet ehh?? Leaving FL second week of June and, after a brief stop in Cleveland, plan to head back over to the "Windy City" south burbs for several weeks in June/July in the MM. Will undoubtedly make good use of the "do-it-yourself" carwash on Cicero near 111th often during my stay..... might even run into Michael Ward washing his immaculate DTR. If you Windy City MM guys see a a silver MM with FL plates, give a horn toot and a wave please. BILL

stevengerard
06-01-2005, 06:36 AM
I ran into last summer, amazing how this site brings people togethe, I just happen to be at that Portilo's an area I am never around.

svtguy
06-07-2005, 12:44 PM
Maybe its time we start putting a little more thought into that southerly meet we've been kicking around for a while now.
And if Bill is in town, all the way from Florida it might be just the right time to give this a go.

I say a South Side meet - open to all of course - is a bit overdue.
So I'll go ahead and make the proposal.
Let's shoot for the 26th of June.
At say either Portillos on 95th or Hooters on Cicero.
Any takers? Alternative locations or dates?
And this should in no way compromise the already planned Chicken run.

03marauder
06-07-2005, 01:57 PM
I would have no issue attending a meet on the south side, not too bad of a drive for me. I would suggest making a new thread about it though.

svtguy
06-09-2005, 12:41 PM
I would have no issue attending a meet on the south side, not too bad of a drive for me. I would suggest making a new thread about it though.Good idea. I'll wait until after this Sunday's Chicken Run to start a new thread on it.
It's come up a few different times and I mention it here since there's an out of town MMer in the area around this time so hey, lets be good hosts.

SilverStreak
06-09-2005, 12:56 PM
How bout Portello's at Rt83 and Cicero in Crestwood, Just south of I-294
about a mile. It'd shave a half hour off the trip for us far south siders.:)

Good idea. I'll wait until after this Sunday's Chicken Run to start a new thread on it.
It's come up a few different times and I mention it here since there's an out of town MMer in the area around this time so hey, lets be good hosts.

SergntMac
06-09-2005, 02:16 PM
I guess nobody has owned-up to the sil/birch in Downers Grove yet ehh?? Leaving FL second week of June and, after a brief stop in Cleveland, plan to head back over to the "Windy City" south burbs for several weeks in June/July in the MM. Will undoubtedly make good use of the "do-it-yourself" carwash on Cicero near 111th often during my stay..... might even run into Michael Ward washing his immaculate DTR. If you Windy City MM guys see a a silver MM with FL plates, give a horn toot and a wave please. BILL
Reading this thread from the top, Bill, you have been circling my house, why haven't you rung the bell? I'm down at 111th and Kedzie, next time you're headed to the car wash, drive a few blocks east and wash it for free at my garage? I'll e-mail my numbers.

That mysterious silver on the south side may be Turbo Ernie, around 111th and Pulaski. Watch yourself, it's got fangs. The other mysterious silver out Darien way may be N40GL, who owns property out that way, but lives further north now.

While we have moved the Chicken Run around a bit, we haven't gone real south (on a map that is, hehehe). I think it's too late to change our next meet now, it's this Sunday, same place, same time. So, come on by y'all, and we'll talk about setting something up with a change of pace in it.

All summer long, there's a car show in Lemont on Tuesday evenings, and something larger coming up July 21st in Palos Park, Rt 83 and Harlem. There's stuff at the Frosted Mug, 115th and Pulaski on Wednesday evenings, and further south-southeast and southwest has stuff too. I've got some ideas for a dyno day at Sutton Ford, and maybe a night at the track in Joliet, but they are just ideas right now. Get your notes together for Sunday?

Lou
06-19-2005, 01:42 PM
Damn, I saw that silver MM parked right in downtown Downers Grove this morning. I got turned around in traffic and wound up over the tracks so I didn't get a chance to double back and put a card on it. I'll get him yet!:coolman: