PDA

View Full Version : Chi-town car shows and cruises

MERCMAN
04-18-2005, 08:26 PM
car shows in the area for April

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Got a Kroozin' 2005 calender this past weekend, they have some local shows for the Chicago area through the end of the year. I will post them for those who are interested
APRIL-
24-First car show of the season-Main st. Rt 37. Buncombe. Il-618-658-9547
30-16th Annual Dixie Cruise-(reg. 5PM)I-57&US-RT 36,Tuscola, Il. 217-253-3047

Cruise nights
Tuesdays- Freosted Mug Drive in. Alsip, Il. 5:00PM till? 1151 S. Pulaski Rd.

Wed-Barlano's Pizza 13581 Cicero ave, Crestwood Il. (may-Oct)

Hot Wheels and More show 1st. wed of every month-4-7 PM, American Legion Hall, Carol Stream, Il.

Thursday-June 2-Sep. 1-6-8:30 pm Downtown Crystal Lake , Il.

FridaysFriday night classic car shows 6-9pm, May-sept, Downers Grove,Il. Downtown

Friday night cruise and Poker run 5/6 -10/28, 6-9PM, Caribou Coffee-Bowens & Randall Rds. Elgin Il.

Sat-Hardee's Resturant-1st sat of each month(Apr-Sep) Ext.#9 off I-64 & Hwy 157, Caseyville, Il.

Beef Villa Cruise in-Every Sat. McLean Blvd and Spring st., South Elgin, Il.\

Car and Truck Cruise and Corral 2nd Sat 1/8-12/10-12-5 PM, 5401 Collinsville Rd, Collinsville, Il.

Johnny Rocket Car cruise nights-3rd Sat. 4/16-10/1-6-9PM-I-64 exit 16-Green Mount road, Shiloh, Il.

I also have shows and cruises in Oh and Mi. Of course I have boucoup of them in Indiana, but I thought I would post this for the WCM group. If you need contact numbers for any of these, PM me and I will get them to you.

Hopefully I can post a month-by month as the summer months get here.

If no-one is interested, please let me know, as this is a LOT of work for a 2-fingered typist

MI2QWK4U
04-18-2005, 08:42 PM
car shows in the area for April

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Got a Kroozin' 2005 calender this past weekend, they have some local shows for the Chicago area through the end of the year. I will post them for those who are interested
APRIL-
24-First car show of the season-Main st. Rt 37. Buncombe. Il-618-658-9547
30-16th Annual Dixie Cruise-(reg. 5PM)I-57&US-RT 36,Tuscola, Il. 217-253-3047

Cruise nights
Tuesdays- Freosted Mug Drive in. Alsip, Il. 5:00PM till? 1151 S. Pulaski Rd.

Wed-Barlano's Pizza 13581 Cicero ave, Crestwood Il. (may-Oct)

Hot Wheels and More show 1st. wed of every month-4-7 PM, American Legion Hall, Carol Stream, Il.

Thursday-June 2-Sep. 1-6-8:30 pm Downtown Crystal Lake , Il.

FridaysFriday night classic car shows 6-9pm, May-sept, Downers Grove,Il. Downtown

Friday night cruise and Poker run 5/6 -10/28, 6-9PM, Caribou Coffee-Bowens & Randall Rds. Elgin Il.

Sat-Hardee's Resturant-1st sat of each month(Apr-Sep) Ext.#9 off I-64 & Hwy 157, Caseyville, Il.

Beef Villa Cruise in-Every Sat. McLean Blvd and Spring st., South Elgin, Il.\

Car and Truck Cruise and Corral 2nd Sat 1/8-12/10-12-5 PM, 5401 Collinsville Rd, Collinsville, Il.

Johnny Rocket Car cruise nights-3rd Sat. 4/16-10/1-6-9PM-I-64 exit 16-Green Mount road, Shiloh, Il.

I also have shows and cruises in Oh and Mi. Of course I have boucoup of them in Indiana, but I thought I would post this for the WCM group. If you need contact numbers for any of these, PM me and I will get them to you.

Hopefully I can post a month-by month as the summer months get here.

If no-one is interested, please let me know, as this is a LOT of work for a 2-fingered typist

Anything good in Michigan, shoot my way if you don't mind!

Bradley G
04-19-2005, 12:27 PM
Hey Mercman, Thanks!
Three of those you posted are minutes from me!WTG:bows:
Bradley G

Shaft333
04-22-2005, 05:33 AM
Do you guys go to the cruise nights and park your Marauder among the classics and customs that most people bring?

I ask because our Marauders (except for those that are classics) are so new - but ultimately a collector's edition. I'm certain that if I parked mine on Main St. during the Downers Grove cruise nights I'd be one of two if not the only one.

It would just seem strange to bring a two year old car without any extreme modifications during a cruise night.

Lou
04-22-2005, 08:58 AM
I parked mine on Main St. Downers last year on the Ford/Mercury night.
That would make 2 of us then!
Usually the spots on Curtis are reserved for "true classics" but mine got quite a few looks.:P

Do you guys go to the cruise nights and park your Marauder among the classics and customs that most people bring?

I ask because our Marauders (except for those that are classics) are so new - but ultimately a collector's edition. I'm certain that if I parked mine on Main St. during the Downers Grove cruise nights I'd be one of two if not the only one.

It would just seem strange to bring a two year old car without any extreme modifications during a cruise night.

Topher
04-27-2005, 11:10 AM
For all you Lake county members-
Every 2nd Wednesday of the month from May through September Mundelein hosts it's "Park on Park St." cruise night from 6:30-9pm. It's reserved for pre-1976 vehicles, and usually has a very good turnout- 200+ cars. First one is May 11. It's located off of Rt 45 just south of Rt 176.

Chris

Rider90
04-27-2005, 11:16 AM
For all you Lake county members-
Every 2nd Wednesday of the month from May through September Mundelein hosts it's "Park on Park St." cruise night from 6:30-9pm. It's reserved for pre-1976 vehicles, and usually has a very good turnout- 200+ cars. First one is May 11. It's located off of Rt 45 just south of Rt 176.

Chris

Too far :P

UncleLar
04-28-2005, 03:20 PM
Darn,I duplicated this and had to edit it.

UncleLar
04-28-2005, 03:24 PM
Two BIG shows are the Father's Day week-end Show in Joliet,drag boats on the river,amateur and pro burnout contests,lot's of stuff for the kids too, 2 mud bogs in case you want to tread where no Marauder has gone before,and tons of nice cars,trucks and lot's of vendors of all kinds.
Sycamore ,Il. has a great big show during the heat of the summer. The entire downtown is closed of and crammed full of cars and trucks and motorcycles of every description,I believe there were upwards of 700 + cars there last year.'There was even a Lincoln powered vehicle there most of you have never seen the likes of,it's a motorcycle built by a guy using Harley components and powered by a pre WWII Lincoln/Zephyr V-12 flathead motor. I've seen it ther the past 2 years,but as of yet I've not found the owner to hear it run.
Also,Hooter's has some nice shows throughout the year at various Hooters' around Chicago and burbs,you'll have to check out their website for dates,but I'm usually at them with my buds from Ford Truck World Il. Chapter.
Victor Ford in Wauconda,Il. has a real nice show for Ford products every year with free soft drinks and stuff and burnouts,etc. Topher was there last year along with a couple other WCM's and somebody got their car parked front and center to display. Topher may have to let us know when this one os coming up again,how about it Chris?
Don't forget JC Whitney's shows in Ottawa,Il. in April(it was last week-end),and again in the fall,they also give you some nice entry goodies,entry is free and 10 % off if you need anything from them.
There's also a nice general interest show coming up soon at a church in Bolingbrook,one of my fellow FTW members is a church member there and I was at the show when it first started 2 years ago and it grows by leaps and bounds yearly,again there's lot's of stuff for the kids and no one will try to convert you. If you want more info on that one let me know and I'll post the particulars.
I spend almost all of my free time on week-ends going to every show I can.
For more car shows check this website,
http://www.carshownews.com/national/IL.htm :coolman:

stevengerard
04-28-2005, 08:20 PM
I saw a MM at Elmhurst, I think it would be ok at Downer's. 9 out of 10 I bring the 442, but have brought the MM a few times and am darn proud of it.

Wags
05-03-2005, 06:43 AM
The Lemont one on Wednesday's is very good. Well over 100 cars every week. Elmhurst on the same night is good also, with a different theme every week. Downer's one gets VERY packed also, so get there very early if you want to park right on Main St. I will try to make the Lemont one, and some of the Downer's ones, as it is right by my house.

Wags

SergntMac
05-03-2005, 08:44 AM
The Lemont one on Wednesday's is very good. Well over 100 cars every week. Elmhurst on the same night is good also, with a different theme every week. Downer's one gets VERY packed also, so get there very early if you want to park right on Main St. I will try to make the Lemont one, and some of the Downer's ones, as it is right by my house. Wags
Hey Pete, how the H*ll are you? Going to make our chicken run on the 15th? Same time, same place, hope to see you there.

Lou
05-03-2005, 11:27 AM
Wags, are you the silver MM I see driving on Main St. ? I'm in DG too.

The Lemont one on Wednesday's is very good. Well over 100 cars every week. Elmhurst on the same night is good also, with a different theme every week. Downer's one gets VERY packed also, so get there very early if you want to park right on Main St. I will try to make the Lemont one, and some of the Downer's ones, as it is right by my house.

Wags

Wags
05-04-2005, 04:35 PM
Lou,

Nope, I'm one of the oldtimers when all you could get was black. I'll have mine for 3 yrs. this June. Mac, I'm really gonna try to make it. It depends if I want to be cold and go up to Canada for some fishing, or wait a few weeks after. Hope everything is well with you. Haven't seen anyone in a VERY long time. Just too much work. I'm going to try to crank out the Chevelle for the meet, so listen for some tires spinning and alot of smoke (hopefully from the tires and not anything else).

Wags