PDA

View Full Version : Trussville Cruise In, April 16

Donny Carlson
04-18-2005, 09:11 PM
Steve S told me this would be a big show. He wasn't kidding. There had to be way over 100 cars, easy. I counted 6 Shelby Cobras! If you told me there were 6 Cobras in the entire state, I would be impressed. To see them within short walking distance was amazing.

Some observations:

1) the only Marauder there was me. Steve had a wedding to attend and the other Marauder owner couldn't make it. Next month, we need to show those SS Impala guys a thing or two. They had 5 there together in a good spot by the road and were getting a lot of attention.

2) Even though I was late and had to park on the outskirts, my Marauder drew attention. Especially Ford lovers. One guy took a lot of pictures. Wow. People love the car and got a lot of "Man, I want one of these!!:

3) I am in love with hot rods. There was a black 36 Ford coupe that was gorgeous. Not so much the rat rod mimimalism, but the updated, glossy, showey LOUD ass works of art. I want one. Where's Coddingtong's phone number....

4) A slammed black SS Impala - and I mean SLAMMED - had Boyd Coddington Wheels, looked to be 18's though I should have asked. These were FANTASTIC looking wheels and when the wheels come off my car later this year to be sent to be repaird and chromed, I'm putting on some Coddys.

5) The Kenwood head unit that fits the Marauder was in a Mustang SVT Cobra. Looked great in that car, and the owner had the top down to entertain the folks with music vids on the DVD. It also had headrest screens, though if you've ever seen the back seat on this car (with the roll bar, too) there is no room in the back except for kids. I figured he put them in just for show.

6) a 60's vintage Impala SS, red, with PERFECT paint and completely restored was jaw dropping.

Okay, so it's on again in a month. It cycles to Bessemer next Saturday, then skips a week, and starts again in Alabaster, then Roebuck, then Trussville again. I am SO there.

Blackmoneyhole
04-26-2005, 05:13 PM
Hi Donny, My name is Steve and I am right down the road from you... I am thinking of taking in one of these shows next month and wanted to know where I could get info on these and are you planning on attending the trussville one again? If so, sounds like a good road trip....

Donny Carlson
04-26-2005, 05:39 PM
Hi Donny, My name is Steve and I am right down the road from you... I am thinking of taking in one of these shows next month and wanted to know where I could get info on these and are you planning on attending the trussville one again? If so, sounds like a good road trip....

The next show is May 21st, if I read the calendar correctly. This is a well attended show, and I encourage everyone who can to attend. I will be there, hopefully early this time so I can get a prime spot.

I'll post up something on it before hand.