PDA

View Full Version : ATTN. Kook's Customers

nick filippides
04-20-2005, 07:40 AM
Hello All, First and foremost I want to thank all Merc Marauder enthusiasts who've stepped up to purchase our header systems. We hope the new found power you're currently enjoying keeps a smile on your face for many years to come.
As some of you have heard, Kook's Headers is moving to new facility in the coming weeks. Though ultimately this is great news, it has caused some delays in manufacturing of all our product lines including of course, Mercury Marauder header systems. I want to apologize to all for these delays. We realize that Reinhart is being bombarded with calls from those waiting for their orders to be shipped. As we speak there's a production run underway, most of which includes all of Dennis' current orders. We're working real hard to get these done. We really appreciate your patience as we go through the relocation process. I can tell one thing for sure, as all current users of our product can attest, these systems are well worth the wait.
Once again, Thanks for your patience. Nick "Kook's Headers"

DEFYANT
04-20-2005, 08:31 AM
Hello All, First and foremost I want to thank all Merc Marauder enthusiasts who've stepped up to purchase our header systems. We hope the new found power you're currently enjoying keeps a smile on your face for many years to come.
As some of you have heard, Kook's Headers is moving to new facility in the coming weeks. Though ultimately this is great news, it has caused some delays in manufacturing of all our product lines including of course, Mercury Marauder header systems. I want to apologize to all for these delays. We realize that Reinhart is being bombarded with calls from those waiting for their orders to be shipped. As we speak there's a production run underway, most of which includes all of Dennis' current orders. We're working real hard to get these done. We really appreciate your patience as we go through the relocation process. I can tell one thing for sure, as all current users of our product can attest, these systems are well worth the wait.
Nicely done sir. Let us know when you are settled in and up to speed. As a future customer, I'll be watching.

MI2QWK4U
04-20-2005, 01:24 PM
Nick, Thought I would let the people know that the Kooks headers are worth the wait. Probably the best mod after the Eaton supercharger. They wont believe the improvements! 460 RWHP to 512 RWHP with the Kooks and a throttle body. nuff said!

stevengerard
04-20-2005, 01:57 PM
Don't know how much they helped but with 476hp they obviously did something, sound great and I have a coated pair - they look awesome.

CRUZTAKER
04-20-2005, 03:32 PM
Hi Nick!

Hi George!

Long time no hear.

Still lovin' the pipes guys. Thanks again. :up:

Mental note: It was good to be one of the first....yes...yes it was. :P

Logan
04-20-2005, 04:43 PM
I still enjoy going back and reading the posts from the naysayer's when I bolted the first set of kook's on... People just couldn't believe the power gains, even with back to back dyno's pre & post.... :)

00 Aggie
04-20-2005, 09:47 PM
Anybody in Houston with the full Kooks? I want to hear it in person!

FiveO
04-20-2005, 10:06 PM
Well worth the wait.

Keep up the good work Nick.

The full Kooks system sounds awesome. I've gotten so many compliments on it I stopped counting.

The Baron
04-24-2005, 07:41 AM
Wow! how much are these, and can I get a set for my Maruader?

How much added power is there, and what modifications need to be done to the car?

Terry

BillyGman
04-24-2005, 07:43 PM
I LUV the Kooks headers too. I had mine ceramic coated as others here have done. And with the Kooks complete bolt-on exhaust package which includes the 18" straight-thru magnaflow mufflers and 2.5" diameter exhaust , hi-flow cats, and X-pipe, the car sounds fantastic, and yet isn't too loud (although louder than stock ofcourse). Like it's already been stated here, I constantly get people that I don't even know complimenting me about how good the car sounds when I wind it up!!!

CRUZTAKER
04-24-2005, 08:19 PM
G-MAN...where are you man?
Classified my ass. :P

BTW: It's all good, but this thread is specifically KOOKS related, and they are a supporting vendor here.

mpearce
04-24-2005, 08:27 PM
this thread is specifically KOOKS related
I agree Barry.

However...since they are local (which I can't believe) maybe G-Man could start a thread dedicated to Stainless Works with some pictures, and info.

-Mat

G-Man
04-25-2005, 03:22 AM
G-MAN...where are you man?
Classified my ass. :P

BTW: It's all good, but this thread is specifically KOOKS related, and they are a supporting vendor here.I apologize if I stepped on anyones toes. It was not my intention. I was just sharing what worked for me.

I've also noted that this site does not support freedom of speech.

mungce
04-29-2005, 03:53 PM
I stoped by my local speed shop and was told that FlowMaster mufflers were going out of business.......someting to do with patient misrepresentataion.......?????

Don't know if it's true but if anyone has heard, and can confirm this , many of our members may be concerned.

Kooks was including Flows with thier header kit, and perhaps they may have the scoop. :confused:

DEFYANT
05-02-2005, 06:57 AM
Any updates on this? I am looking real hard at getting this exhaust. Are the prices the same as posted in the Kooks forum?

BillyGman
05-02-2005, 10:37 AM
Kooks was including Flows with thier header kit, and perhaps they may have the scoop. :confused:Nope. Kooks includes MAGNAFLOW mufflers, NOT Flowmasters. And Flowmasters sound differnt than magnaflows do.

Mard
05-02-2005, 11:33 AM
Any updates on this? I am looking real hard at getting this exhaust. Are the prices the same as posted in the Kooks forum?
Any chance of getting a group purchase going again? I'm interested to and any break from the $1600 plus could make me very interested.

BruteForce
05-02-2005, 12:14 PM
Any chance of getting a group purchase going again? I'm interested to and any break from the $1600 plus could make me very interested.

Check with Dennis Reinhart (Reinhart Automotive). He just started selling these and may have a discount going.

Dennis Reinhart
05-02-2005, 05:39 PM
I would gladly do a group but on these if we can get five at a time, so if some body wants to take charge and get this started, I will talk to Nick, they are slowly getting back on track after there move

DEFYANT
05-02-2005, 05:51 PM
I would gladly do a group but on these if we can get five at a time, so if some body wants to take charge and get this started, I will talk to Nick, they are slowly getting back on track after there move
Can you give us an idea of what the price would be with 5 buyers?

Dennis Reinhart
05-02-2005, 06:11 PM
I think this group sale was done once before so if some one can find the thread please send me the link and I will talk to Nick tomorrow

FastMerc
05-02-2005, 06:20 PM
Ive been trying to nail down a price on these,I am interested in a set.A group buy sounds good.Any way to lower the price sounds good to me!:banana:

DEFYANT
05-02-2005, 06:25 PM
Dennis, is this (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=12768&highlight=Kooks+group) it?

BruteForce
05-02-2005, 06:32 PM
Dennis, is this (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=12768&highlight=Kooks+group) it?

Mrs Defyant has already recovered from the S/C purchase? :D

DEFYANT
05-02-2005, 06:50 PM
Mrs Defyant has already recovered from the S/C purchase? :D:bop: :flamer:

I went from:

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y193/Defyant/Slant.jpg

To:

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y193/Defyant/2644Done-med.jpg

Defyant Marauder has the look, the balls, the attitude and now it needs the sound (and more balls :D )

Mard
05-02-2005, 06:51 PM
I'm sure I'd be a "go" if it's close to that price.

Are we up to 3 people already:) ?

BruteForce
05-02-2005, 06:59 PM
:bop: :flamer:

Oops! My bad. :run: :hide:

FastMerc
05-03-2005, 06:01 PM
Keep me posted,I m interested:D

Dennis Reinhart
05-04-2005, 07:06 AM
I just got off the phone with Nick, Kooks is slowly getting back in to production they have no headers in stock, all kits are made on request, so I will do a group buy, if we can sell ten sets, I will put together a great deal, I cannot post prices as per there request but you can call me and I will gladly tell you what I can do, if you are in a big hurray on these there is no sence in placing a order. Nick tells me we are loooking at least a six week wait. My goal is to stock five sets here once Kooks gets in full production again. So again this is a great product and I am doing all I can to help the club on orders thos that have been waiting there orders went out last week, thank yopu for your patients.

FastMerc
05-05-2005, 06:56 PM
I just got off the phone with Nick, Kooks is slowly getting back in to production they have no headers in stock, all kits are made on request, so I will do a group buy, if we can sell ten sets, I will put together a great deal, I cannot post prices as per there request but you can call me and I will gladly tell you what I can do, if you are in a big hurray on these there is no sence in placing a order. Nick tells me we are loooking at least a six week wait. My goal is to stock five sets here once Kooks gets in full production again. So again this is a great product and I am doing all I can to help the club on orders thos that have been waiting there orders went out last week, thank yopu for your patients. Interested,like to know prices when available:banana:

mungce
05-07-2005, 12:36 AM
Dennis,
Thanks for your efforts to bring those in need ( or want ) a good product a a reduced price.
I can't say enough about how much your help and patience with those of us who are in great need of a leader like yourself means to MM net. Your commitment to the 4.6L engine and thus your ability to not only bring us tested quality parts, but also bringing your input on what must seem to be some pretty stupid questions about our Marauders lets me know that there are still some men in this world who have true intregty and have the ability to be humble as well. Thanks for your help and your open mined approach to a very difficult task.//

mungce
05-07-2005, 12:53 AM
........good thing, huh ?