PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone considered adding billet parts?

Dave Compson
02-25-2003, 11:13 AM
I am considering adding some of the following parts to the interior of my MM;

billet window switches
billet rear window defroster switch
billet hanger kit (clothes hanger in rear seat area)
billet pedal kit
billet turn signal kit
billet door handles and door bezels
and a billet tilt wheel lever

I know this kinda sounds pimpish, or ricer, but i just want to dress up my interior. I would also like to dress up my engine compartment. I dont know if these parts will work, but hey,,, thats what this board is for. Discussion of garage stuff.

The above parts are listed for the newer mustang, and f-series trucks. The company is UPR products. the address is
http://www.uprproducts.com

Anybody out there know if these parts will fit our cars? Thanks in advance.

RCSignals
02-25-2003, 11:50 AM
That's one of the nice things about these cars, you can customise it to suit yourself.
Mercury started to encourage that with the Marauder they raffled off through Hot Rod magazine.

Just think what would happen if they put more effort into advertising!

LincMercLover
02-25-2003, 11:57 AM
:down:

RF Overlord
02-25-2003, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by LincMercLover
:down:

NOW who's being short, sweet, and to the point...??!!

:lol:

LincMercLover
02-25-2003, 12:10 PM
How come I KNEW you were gunna say that?

Sometimes words just don't do justice... :D
:lol:

WolfeBros
02-25-2003, 12:27 PM
Let me try RF...... :puke: :down: :uzi:

SergntMac
02-25-2003, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by WolfeBros
Let me try RF...... :puke: :down: :uzi:

Took the words right outta my mouth....

03 Merc
02-25-2003, 01:19 PM
Dave,

Any "universal" type part should fit... That includes the door lock pins, power window switches, lighters, etc... Find a local shop that sells this stuff and eyeball it..or check to see if the Ford PN for the switch is the same between the models..

Also look at www.mgwltd.com they have very good billet as well..

Judging by the some of the responses to your question I guess some folks like those cheap plastic door pins...:shake:

jefferson-mo
02-25-2003, 01:22 PM
I think I'll leave the interior alone except maybe a dead pedal(non-billet)
and a guage upgrade.........I'll spend my dough on perf improvements and maybe do somethin' with the wheels:burnout:

Dave Compson
02-25-2003, 02:17 PM
I do understand why the ":flamer: ", but i do think some of the cheaper parts inside of the car look... well,.... cheap. SO, i just want to spruce it up a bit. Ill check it out and let you all know.

cyclone03
02-25-2003, 02:43 PM
I've got a Billet "Eject" button that replaced my Cig. lighter.
It only gets hot if I hold it in,but as I don't smoke and nobody will be in my car that does I dont care.
I've seen all the products on your list and they are kinda neat but I'd make sure that all fit before you pay for them.
Maybe wait for the Fun Ford Weekend in Palmdale Ca. UPR will be there I'm sure and you can get in the pits with your car and try em all out.

What I want are a set of chromed cam covers!

Dave Compson
02-25-2003, 02:50 PM
Chromed cam covers... that sounds nice. I see in your sig, that the rear end of your marauder is lowered? Why?

Maybe ill get down to cali. for that event? Any more information?

cyclone03
02-26-2003, 08:19 AM
I see in your sig, that the rear end of your marauder is lowered? Why?

I Didn't like the stink bug look the car had, so I adjusted the ride height sensor to lower the rear so the car sits level.

no big deal

TAF
02-26-2003, 08:24 AM
I Didn't like the stink bug look the car had,

Now THAT'S a new one....

cyclone03
02-26-2003, 08:48 AM
The rear end cover didn't look too good to me.

Dave Compson
02-26-2003, 07:55 PM
I was thinking of tossing out the air suspension in favor of coil overs? But that has to be discussed on another topic. Thanks for the info on bullit parts.

RCSignals
02-26-2003, 11:02 PM
Part number for the Police Interceptor rear springs are listed in the Part number thread

Dave Compson
02-26-2003, 11:31 PM
Thanks, are there any real advantages?

RCSignals
02-26-2003, 11:36 PM
well for one you don't have to deal with the airsprings and pump etc. The coil springs should be a more solid feel. One reason the CVLXSport has a larger rear anti-sway bar than the Interceptor is to make up for the inadequacies of the air springs

the Marauder has the best shocks of all of them

Dave Compson
02-27-2003, 09:14 AM
If the marauder has the best suspension of them all, ill just leave it all alone. Thanks

jgc61sr2002
02-27-2003, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by Dave Compson
If the marauder has the best suspension of them all, ill just leave it all alone. Thanks I concur. :D John