PDA

View Full Version : Question about Dennis' SCT tune

Wires
04-20-2005, 12:00 PM
Before I bother Dennis, I wanted to ask others who have Dennis' program for the SCT Xcalibrator.

I finally got around to re-flashing my ECU, and I notice a strange vibration at idle when in gear - almost like it's just at some sort of resonance at that one particular RPM.

I also notice that I'm idling at about 900 or so. Is that high, or are they all like that?

I need to drive it more to fully evaluate the shifting schedule, but I can say I notice a difference.

Thanks for your help.

Directedby
04-20-2005, 12:12 PM
Do you have any other mods?

Reflashing would not cause a vibration.

BillyGman
04-20-2005, 12:15 PM
I think that Dennis Reinhart usually bumps up the idle RPM in anticipation that his customers will purchase the under drive pulley set that he sells, since he feels that a higher idle is best for that modification. I'm not telling you that I agree, nor that I disagree with that practice. I'm merely stating that this is what he does. Atleast I know that's what he used to do. But you should talk to him on that to be sure. As far as the other question you had, I haven't any idea. Sorry.

Directedby
04-20-2005, 12:20 PM
Dennis did my SCT tune.

However, months later when I installed my UD Pulleys, he sent me a different tune with a higher Idle RPM just for the pulleys.

BillyGman
04-20-2005, 12:35 PM
The reason for my comments is that well before my car was supercharged, I then had a chip from Dennis Reinhart, and he had the idle set higher, and when I called him to inquire about that, he stated that when I get the U/D pulley set, then I'd need the idle where he had set it, however I never had requested the U/D puley set, nor had I ever asked him about it or expressed any desire to purchase it. So that's why I figured that he must routinely set the idle higher since that's what he did with the tune that he sent to me for my car back then.

But I guess either way, he should just call him to get it straight from the horse's mouth.

klmore
04-20-2005, 12:40 PM
Before I bother Dennis, I wanted to ask others who have Dennis' program for the SCT Xcalibrator.

I finally got around to re-flashing my ECU, and I notice a strange vibration at idle when in gear - almost like it's just at some sort of resonance at that one particular RPM.

I also notice that I'm idling at about 900 or so. Is that high, or are they all like that?

I need to drive it more to fully evaluate the shifting schedule, but I can say I notice a difference.

Thanks for your help.
I had the same problem with mine. I finally concluded it was just the idle adjustment and the exhaust had a different tone. It ran so much better with the 4.10's and tune I just overlooked it.:)

stevengerard
04-20-2005, 12:41 PM
Its hard to tune from a distance, heck even now after driving my car for a few weeks after being dyno tuned, I'd like a few tweaks. Call Dennis he will help you.

'03BlkMM
04-20-2005, 05:08 PM

Thanks for your help.

You've got the exact same problem I had with his tune. Mine was idling at 900 rpm's and had a bad resonance/vibration that was precisely at the RPM he had it idling at, if you added or subtracted 25 rpm's from the idle speed it went away. As others have already said, he has the idle bumped up for UD pulleys. I called him up and he sent me the tune file so I could change it myself. This worked out to my advantage as there were other things that I wanted to change, mainly the transmission shift points. I went ahead and moved the idle back down to stock as I don't have the UD pulley's. Give him a call and he will take care of it for you!