PDA

View Full Version : I'm confused??????

blue92
04-21-2005, 11:49 AM
So just why did you DFW guys buy a performance car like a Marauder for in the 1st place? :confused:

Petrograde
04-21-2005, 03:42 PM
'cause you can't swing a dead cat without hitting a friggin' Mustang. Too many of them... I love the fact I don't see Marauders every day.

TechHeavy
04-21-2005, 03:49 PM
'cause you can't swing a dead cat without hitting a friggin' Mustang. Too many of them... I love the fact I don't see Marauders every day.
That's right Petro! I get compliments on my MM every day that I drive it. I'm not kidding! Every day! Today a guy in a Cadillac CTS, (looked new) pulled up next to me in the parking lot just to yell at me that it was a nice car. I said thanks and that it might be a collector's car one day and he said, "Hell, it already is!" :) :D Man, I love this car.

jstevens
04-21-2005, 03:58 PM
I needed to fit the family while at the same time able to smoke most vehicles on the road.

I love the way this baby gets up and moves. It just loves the freeway. Smooth as silk at 100.

Bluerauder
04-21-2005, 04:12 PM
I said thanks and that it might be a collector's car one day and he said, "Hell, it already is!" :) :D Man, I love this car.
Yep, that about sums it up ... ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ :D

Shaft333
04-21-2005, 05:14 PM
DFW?

What's that?

Rider90
04-21-2005, 05:45 PM
:confused:

I never get any compliments about my car. Well this one time, maybe, when a guy approached me at the pump saying he was considering the Marauder but it was too expensive and he bought a GTP :dunno:

It has 14k on it now, its been all over northern IL and downtown chicago as well as southern Wisconsin. I never even get a look. Not to mention those that know me know that I "Cruise" almost every night for atleast an hour.

You guys must have a different breed of humans where you are from.

I bought it because I loved my Crown Vic and I do not want to be another young kid in a Camaro or Mustang. Oh and replace "Bought" with "Financed" and the past tense "Financed" with "Still Financing." there we go.

Petrograde
04-21-2005, 05:58 PM
DFW?

What's that?
Dallas/Ft. Worth

Bigdogjim
04-21-2005, 07:40 PM
Well look at it this way...they don't make a Edsel any more:)

blue92
04-21-2005, 08:13 PM
Yep, that about sums it up ... ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ :D

So your saying you bought a performance car to park it in your garage not drive it. Because your a car collector? Must be nice, I bought a performance car to drive the heck out of it myself. :burnout:

Bigdogjim
04-21-2005, 08:32 PM
So your saying you bought a performance car to park it in your garage not drive it. Because your a car collector? Must be nice, I bought a performance car to drive the heck out of it myself. :burnout:

Does it make a difference why any one member bought one?

Their is more than one school of thought on this subject.

I had a '70 X-100 brand new and never thought twice about dumping it after I was thought with it.

Did I think about it would be worth any money down the road?

Hell I just lost a samll fortune in my basement due to a freak flood :(

I do not know who coined the pharse "drive it like you stole it" ")

But I know they were a smarter then me for that one:up:

cruzer
04-21-2005, 09:23 PM
There's nothing wrong with the North Texas Marauders. We are a rather unique group---very diversified in occupations, attitudes and priorities. The common thread is our Marauders. Some of us like to drag race---some of us like to road race (particularly at the Motor Ranch)--some of us like ovals (TMS) and some of us enjoy good friends with a common interest. I, of all people, know about our differences---I've been trying to get this group organized for over a year---herding cats is easier---but still, we find time to go places and do things together. As far asparticipating in some events, quite a few of our members have jobs that require their presence 6 days a week--some are going thru personal tragedies in their families right now-- some don't feel secure road racing on a public road---and some are working out-of-town now. Everyone hopes that we can have more time this summer---we'll just have to see. Very few of our Marauders are not daily drivers and we need to keep them healthy for a long time---we mod when we can---All in all, we have a GREAT group--we're just not like everyone else.
Now--in answer to your question--yes, we feel frustrated when we can't take part in events you set up for us---as I know you do---don't give up on us--we are still finding our wings. Everyone who can make it is welcome to come to the picnic this Saturday--would be great to see you there.
I hope this is an accurate representation---comments and suggestions are WELCOMED. Keep the Marauders rolling, Maury

blue92
04-22-2005, 05:24 AM
There's nothing wrong with the North Texas Marauders. We are a rather unique group---very diversified in occupations, attitudes and priorities. The common thread is our Marauders. Some of us like to drag race---some of us like to road race (particularly at the Motor Ranch)--some of us like ovals (TMS) and some of us enjoy good friends with a common interest. I, of all people, know about our differences---I've been trying to get this group organized for over a year---herding cats is easier---but still, we find time to go places and do things together. As far asparticipating in some events, quite a few of our members have jobs that require their presence 6 days a week--some are going thru personal tragedies in their families right now-- some don't feel secure road racing on a public road---and some are working out-of-town now. Everyone hopes that we can have more time this summer---we'll just have to see. Very few of our Marauders are not daily drivers and we need to keep them healthy for a long time---we mod when we can---All in all, we have a GREAT group--we're just not like everyone else.
Now--in answer to your question--yes, we feel frustrated when we can't take part in events you set up for us---as I know you do---don't give up on us--we are still finding our wings. Everyone who can make it is welcome to come to the picnic this Saturday--would be great to see you there.
I hope this is an accurate representation---comments and suggestions are WELCOMED. Keep the Marauders rolling, Maury

Hey Maury how's it going? To set the record straight about TWS they no longer (with exception to special events) use the oval as an oval. TWS only uses a portion of the oval as part of their road course. So if you guys thought when I posted up the TWS event it was about driving an oval it wasn't. This TWS event will only use the front straightaway of the oval as part of the road course. TWS has a 2.9 mile road course that they run most of their events on now. The deal we have going this May consists of five 25 minute open sessions per day and it's a 2 day event, in comparison MSR only gave us two 20 minute open sessions. And the cost breaks down to less that a 100 bucks a day. Here's a link to the road course layout at that we are doing this May at TWS.

http://fordbastards.invisionzone.com/forums/index.php?act=Attach&type=post&id=184

This 2nd link shows the many different ways TWS can configure their road course and track.

http://www.texasworldspeedway.com/tracks.htm

:D

MENINBLK
04-22-2005, 07:04 AM
I needed to fit the family while at the same time able to smoke most vehicles on the road.

I love the way this baby gets up and moves. It just loves the freeway. Smooth as silk at 100.

I bought mine for the same reasons...
The Marauder was the ONLY vehicle in its class, that offered the ROOM, COMFORT,
and PERFORMANCE for the $$$ that I spent on it.

So now my wife gets to tell everyone on the highway,
"Stop staring at our Marauder, and put your eyes on the ROAD !!!" :up:

Bluerauder
04-22-2005, 08:31 AM
So your saying you bought a performance car to park it in your garage not drive it. Because your a car collector?
Nope .... mine's a daily driver and I get out and enjoy it as much as possible including the monthly CAM meets !!! :D

03marauder
04-22-2005, 09:02 AM
Yeah, I hardly ever get compliments either. I've had a few since I bought it last November. Although I did get one last week from a guy that pulled up next to me in a Grand Marquis. He said he loved how it sounded from behind when I got on it from a light, and asked if I had flowmasters on it. I told him they are SLP, and I never even punched it. But, that is about all I've gotten. Compliments are nice though, even if every once in awhile.

LordVader
04-22-2005, 09:03 AM
:banana2: I bought mine for the same as most, big car, big horsepower, big seats, big modification ability, just plain "bad in black". I drive it everyday and wouldn't have it any other way.

MaLo03
04-22-2005, 09:38 AM
My neighbor call my MM "el B" (Big, Bad, Beautiful, Black Beast) I purchased my MM for all "el B" reasons. I like to drive my 88 Monte SS around town, running errands etc. I drive my 85 Monte CL to and from work, BUT My Marauder is special. It makes appearances for special occasions like, going to buy milk and bread, picking up my Mom or Sister or cousins, going out to the movies or dinner, attending local Car Shows, getting kids from school. Well....come to think of it, everytime I drive my MM is a special occasion. I guess every MM owner has there own Special reasons. Life is great when im driving "el B"........Eggie.......

TechHeavy
04-22-2005, 10:42 AM
:confused:

I never get any compliments about my car. Well this one time, maybe, when a guy approached me at the pump saying he was considering the Marauder but it was too expensive and he bought a GTP :dunno:
You guys must have a different breed of humans where you are from.
Well, you're 18 years old... maybe people think it's your Dad's car... ??? I'm just kidding! :fishslap: I'd have loved to drive a car like this when I was 18.

Maybe there are just not many MMs in this area, thus the attention. I've seen 2 or 3, (maybe just 2) in Grand Rapids, and one is a member here, (Hi GreekGod!).

I bought mine because I wanted something fast and sporty, (having just finalized my divorce from the Wicked Witch of Hawaii) and I have 2 young girls to transport about. Survey Says!: Mercury Marauder!

Rider90
04-22-2005, 11:18 AM
Well, you're 18 years old... maybe people think it's your Dad's car... ???
:cool: I've got the front windows tinted at 35%, which isn't much, but with 5% rears that makes it fairly dark inside so no one can see me. Next Idea! :D

TechHeavy
04-22-2005, 11:27 AM
:cool: I've got the front windows tinted at 35%, which isn't much, but with 5% rears that makes it fairly dark inside so no one can see me. Next Idea! :D
That's what it is! People are afraid of you. They think you're a gangsta! :eek: :D :beer:

CBT
04-22-2005, 11:53 AM
Needed a bigger car, looked at the Magnum wagons, happened to remember the ONE commercial I saw ONE time about a Marauder or somethingoranother in a parking garage scaring other cars, looked online, found one, test drove it about 400 feet, bought it. Tons of compliments and WTF?'s.

HwyCruiser
04-22-2005, 12:54 PM
I was driving down the main boulevard here no so long ago and I hear a loud whoo-hoo from across the street. I look across the median and there is a guy in a pimped-out older caddy pointing at me with a :rock: look about him.

As Bigslim says, people love these cars.

RVT04
04-23-2005, 07:44 AM
the group is what it is and we are of the same spirit ; we all love our cars and enjoy driving them and we all have the independence and freedom of choice to enjoy them the way we see fit. i enjoy the crap out of shootin my saa colt .45 pistols, where as most other people keep their's in a box and shoot clones. their choice!
i don't have any wall hangers, or garage, trailered only cars. run it hard, keep it right, and enjoy it. Maury, i think you are one heck of a man, and consider it a pleasure to be in your company, thanks for the kind words and open heart
sr

TX Harley Guy
04-23-2005, 12:04 PM
I know what you guys are talking about when you say it hard to get a group togeather, we are lucky enough to have quite a few members in our area so we usually have 6-8 people show up for our GTGs, a few months ago only 2 of us showed up for one, thats kinda sad but people have other things going on in their lives, sometimes fun with the car has to take a back seat, a few months later 19 HDs came, thats quite a sight!
I invite our MM brothers to quite a few of our GTG but Ive yet to see one show up but I kinda understand, Ive been to some other groups GTGs myself , for the most part Ive been treated great, even at an SS GTG, but a few I was treated like a total outsider Ive met quite a few of you Texas MM guys and your a great group.
Our May GTG is a Dyno Day in Lewisville on sunday May 15th, Ill keep posting invites for you guys, maybe Ill see an MM show up at one someday, you guys are alway welcome!
The most important thing is to have fun here guys! :beer:

Bobby Clobber
04-23-2005, 12:55 PM
To quote someone on this site who is more articulate than me

" If you have to ask that question , you won't understand the answer "

FWD = POS :burnout:

Johnman
04-24-2005, 08:11 PM
I still get the occasional compliment. The other day a guy in a Crown Vic sport honked and gave me the thumbs-up. Another guy drove by me in a Tom Thumb parking lot after I had gotten out of it with my two young sons and said "Sir-she's beautiful!". This is a perfect family man's musclecar.

STLR FN
04-24-2005, 08:48 PM
I've always been a coupe person myself, til I seen a SHO, traded in the fiancee's Ram(now wife) for the SHO. I liked the idea of a fast sedan that could keep up with a stock GT and get WTF comments. Traded in the SHO for a truck but had always missed a performance sedan. Then came along the Marauder concept and I knew I had to have one. Four years later I got one. Glad I did, now I just have to pry it outta the wifes hands to drive it.

txkent
04-24-2005, 09:15 PM
I've always liked the idea of a 'sleeper' car. Something that looked ordinary mostly... but could really haul the mail. Back about 97, I was in Austin for some training classes and was hanging around a co-worker from Rusk - who had a 94 I think Grand Marquis - with dual exhausts, some tune on the engine... I loved the sound that car made, and we kept in touch about stuff for a while, and one day he emails me a link to the Marauder prototype. I was hooked.

Long story short, I lost touch with that buddy from Rusk until the other day, when I found his cell phone number. I called and after talking for a while, I asked, so, do you still have the Grand Marquis? His reply was "You got yourself a Marauder, didn't ya?" :) Yeah, I did.

I do get compliments, and some interesting looks. The ricers down the street don't look twice at me, but some of the kids in the neighborhood watch me as I cruise down the street. One day I was having a bad day at work, and decided that I'd sell the MM, and get a truck for the lower payment. I was blasting down Howard Lane here near Dell, when a guy in a silver Trans Am pulled up on me - and gave me a thumbs up. I guess that guy was reading my thoughts, and wanted to make sure I knew how dumb it would be to give her up.

One guy at my son's daycare - must have been picking up a grandchild as he was about 75 or so - asked me if my MM really kicked ass. :D I told him that yeah, it did. Tonight, I was turning right on the the freeway access road and there was a guy in a BMW M3 who nearly screwed his head off trying to look at my car. If I wasn't in a hurry to go get dinner, I would have played around with him. (Not like I'd have been able to beat him, but might have been fun to play.)

rumble
04-25-2005, 06:24 AM
To quote someone on this site who is more articulate than me

" If you have to ask that question , you won't understand the answer "

FWD = POS :burnout:

That, Mr. Clobber, says it all.

STLR FN
04-25-2005, 09:39 AM
I was driving down the main boulevard here no so long ago and I hear a loud whoo-hoo from across the street. I look across the median and there is a guy in a pimped-out older caddy pointing at me with a :rock: look about him.

As Bigslim says, people love these cars.
Just outta curiousity.. you wasn't headin for brefas now was you?;)

Mad1
04-26-2005, 11:18 AM
I've stopped counting how many times complete strangers came up to compliment me on the MM, ask me what it was or just ask me how much I spent to get it looking like that. :) I had a guy with a "hemi" pickup practically drooling over my car at the pool store last week. I had to come out, show him the engine, trunk space, turn over the engine and pop the hood ... not that I mind or need much excuse to show off the MM.

If you had a MM, then you'd understand how much attention this car attracts from appreciative people and how much the ear-to-ear grin on the driver's face is truly worth.

Mad1
Jeremy