PDA

View Full Version : Chicago Area Caravan to Barry's in May

Big Joe P
04-21-2005, 05:52 PM
Is anyone here interested in the ride to Barry's Eastern Annual Meet link here (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=16162) I plan to leave sometime Thursday 5/19 It would be nice to collect a few MM's along the way...

Bradley G
04-22-2005, 07:42 PM
I am planning on Cedar rapids event that weekend.Bradley G

MERCMAN
04-22-2005, 07:57 PM
Give me your time table, oh great one, I am planning on heading there on Thursday as well. We should be able to meet on the way. :up:

mpearce
04-22-2005, 08:03 PM
Glad to see you're headed this way Big Joe. Don't forget to bring Rodney with ya! Can you bring a 3XL EXIT Chicago shirt with ya if you got some left? I think those are pretty cool.

-Mat

SergntMac
04-23-2005, 09:42 AM
If I can make it, I'll probably arrive Friday afternoon, hook up with every for the drag racing, and get a good night's sleep. Gotta be in shape for the best damn party of the year! Anyone leaving on Friday is welcome to hook up with me.

Big Joe P
04-29-2005, 01:58 PM
Change of plans, my girl could only get Fri/Sat off, so we'll be heading out on Friday May 20th.

SergntMac
04-29-2005, 05:06 PM
Change of plans, my girl could only get Fri/Sat off, so we'll be heading out on Friday May 20th.
Bad news for mercman (sorry, Dan), but great news to me!

Anytime after 6AM on Friday, Joe, I'll be ready to roll. Pick a meet spot and time that fits your schedule, and we'll hook up for the drive. All I want is to land in time to hook up with the drag racing crew Friday night. Call me?

Anyone else want to hook up for this Friday drive, get your notes posted here soon, eh?

MM03MOK
04-29-2005, 05:25 PM
Bad news for mercman (sorry, Dan), but great news to me!
He's still gonna hook up with :bunny2:. :razz: ;)

CRUZTAKER
04-29-2005, 05:30 PM
Make sure you all run the green stamp across Ohio to Exit 11. There is construction on most of the major highways around here. They recently started working at my exit ( I-80 GATE 11) on the east bound side, and it causes some nice backups around 4:30 pm. I will update you all the wednesday before.

The staties have been tolerating 75 mph, but keep your eyes open and be safe.

We can't wait to see some new faces this year.

:up:

Ken
04-30-2005, 08:27 AM
Make sure you all run the green stamp across Ohio to Exit 11. There is construction on most of the major highways around here. They recently started working at my exit ( I-80 GATE 11) on the east bound side, and it causes some nice backups around 4:30 pm. I will update you all the wednesday before.

:up:Hey Barry,

What's the new exit number for the old exit 11? (170 something?), I believe that someone missed the exit last year. I still refer to my exit as Exit 8, even though its something like 146. (coincides with milepost starting at Indiana border) Looking forward to meeting our Windy City brethren in three weeks. Whatever the exit number, It's I-77 south to hotel, north to Barry's.

Ken

CRUZTAKER
04-30-2005, 09:02 AM
Gate 11 = EXIT 173. ;)

Big Joe P
05-04-2005, 10:49 PM
Anytime after 6AM on Friday, Joe, I'll be ready to roll. Pick a meet spot and time that fits your schedule, and we'll hook up for the drive. All I want is to land in time to hook up with the drag racing crew Friday night. Call me?

We'll be ready, 6AM sounds good, beat the traffic out of here..
And maybe make lunch at HOB??
This is going to be fun...

Glad to see you're headed this way Big Joe. Don't forget to bring Rodney with ya! Can you bring a 3XL EXIT Chicago shirt with ya if you got some left? I think those are pretty cool.
-Mat

A 3XL coming your way............

Rider90
05-17-2005, 02:38 PM
Let's see...some out-loud thinking

6~ hour drive
385~ miles
300~ tank range
$45 fill up..so like $60-65 in gas..$130 R/T + Food ($50?) + Hotel ($50ish?)

Puts me at $230.

I could pull it off with the money I have now, but I have a car payment to make. We'll see what el' paychecko says Thursday. Ellie has work Saturday night, so we would just hang out with everyone Friday but miss out on the action at Barry's place since we would have to head back to IL around 11am.

I'll just let you guys know over the next couple of days :shake:

mpearce
05-17-2005, 02:51 PM
Rider, just do it bud. You won't be dissappointed, seriously. Count your chickens when you get home! If it helps...I'll spot you the $10 to get into Dragway 42. IMO...the more MM's there the better, and I know we're going to have a blast...all of us. This time it's OWED to us...since mother nature took away the dragracing fun last year. This year will be different.

Big Joe...Thanks for bringing the EXIT shirt man! Very cool.

The weather looks like it's going to be clear and cool for Friday night, lets hope it holds.

-Mat

SergntMac
05-17-2005, 03:31 PM
Let's see...some out-loud thinking...

6 hour drive
385 miles...

I'll just let you guys know over the next couple of days :shake:

Ummm...You calculator batteries low?

Zack and I have done of bit of OTR driving with our Marauders, we average 400 miles in under five hours. Last year we arrived a bit behind schedule due to our PM rush hour departure, but got it done in five hours. Our Sunday morning drive home took 4.5, with a short Oasis type breakfast stop.

Dude, you got to learn to D R I V E . . .

You got our start point down, right?

Rider90
05-17-2005, 04:32 PM

Zack and I have done of bit of OTR driving with our Marauders, we average 400 miles in under five hours. Last year we arrived a bit behind schedule due to our PM rush hour departure, but got it done in five hours. Our Sunday morning drive home took 4.5, with a short Oasis type breakfast stop.

You got our start point down, right?
I just copied what MSN Map-point had for the trip. Cruztaker just invited me to stay at his home so thats -$50. I'm just working these numbers out to see if I can stay above water when FMC sends the payment out...

Cruztaker if you're reading this, thanks again! :bows:

CRUZTAKER
05-17-2005, 04:56 PM

You got our start point down, right?I did Mac's place to mine eastbound in 5 hours 10 minutes.....without collector gaskets....:P

And Rider, don't forget TOLL money. I believe it's about $6 each way from the Indiana border to exit 173 in Ohio.

mpearce
05-17-2005, 05:44 PM
Cruztaker if you're reading this, thanks again! :bows:
Rider...you can't beat that deal man, and you also can't beat Barry on hospitality. Plus...I need someone to race...Mac, Zack, and Big Joe make me look silly. Hope to see you there.

-Mat

mpearce
05-17-2005, 05:48 PM
Zack and I have done of bit of OTR driving with our Marauders...
I've heard stories...time to show me whats up guys. If you're going to the track on Friday night...I'd be glad to enjoy a "SPIRITED" ride back to Barys place afterward...if we don't get hungry on the way home of course!

Gitty up!

-Mat

Rider90
05-17-2005, 06:18 PM
Well I'm trying Mat! :D I know this is an offer I shouldn't refuse but I have to cover my bases before I do this so I'll let cha'll know.