PDA

View Full Version : Trilogy #61 is in!

RF Overlord
04-23-2005, 03:29 PM
OK, just a brief rundown for now...more later.

When Ron (Marauder8) first turned the key, it was like time stopped for a few seconds...then the Blackbird came to life after being sedated for almost 3 days...it started and idled just like nothing was different...OK, so far/so good...held my breath for a little longer as we all walked and crawled around looking for leaks, listening for bad sounds, and sniffing for bad smells...NOTHING! Blipped the throttle a few times, and listened to the satisfying sound of 400+ HP reverberating around the shop...opened the bay door and backed it out, so the Bunny Lady could have the first drive. Off she went; we could hear her as she drove around the neighbourhood and back to the shop, but traffic on a Friday at 1700 kept her from putting her foot in it much. ...then it was my turn: all I can say is "Oh My Dear Lord!" :eek: ...our previous car was a Thunderbird SuperCoupe (S/C 3.8L V6), so we were used to that sudden leap ahead when you squeeze the throttle, but this is a whole new level.

Thank you Jerry Barnes & company for having the courage to develop such a well-executed product for a limited-edition car.

Thank you Lidio for a perfect tune.

Thank you Ron Lombardi and Scott Fenner of Fenner's Auto in Hyannis MA for doing such a fabulous job on the install (and for not charging extra when I helped!) Thank also to carfixer and Tallboy for their long-distance help when I done screwed-up...

And a special thanks to all the members of MM.net who participated in the raffle, and to Logan for inventing this wonderful playground in the first place!

*Quick update: that^^^ was yesterday. Today, I got to drive it a bit more, and to get it on the highway. I was even able to get into the boost zone a few more times (as far as 8 lbs...I'm still working up the courage to go WOT)! This car drives and goes just as I'd hoped it would! :cloud9: Too bad the weather tomorrow is supposed to suck... :depress:

Bradley G
04-23-2005, 03:42 PM
hey Bob!

Great to hear you had a joyus time with your new toy!
Thanks for the pics and report:banana2:
Good luck on the WOT!, Goa' head! Give it the boot!:D
Bradley G

jgc61sr2002
04-23-2005, 03:44 PM
Bob - Glad it turned out to your liking. :D :up:

Dr Caleb
04-23-2005, 04:15 PM
Congrats Bob! Me=Jealous ;)

jdando
04-23-2005, 04:22 PM
:bows: EXCELLENT

jeremy

CRUZTAKER
04-23-2005, 04:31 PM
I am so glad to hear you two not only had your install...but that you are enjoying as well.

I wished I had read that you were in town as I work in the general area. I would have drove over and said hello. ;)

Tallboy
04-23-2005, 05:32 PM
Welcome to the Family!:coolman: :burnout: :burnout:

I'm glad I was able to help. That's what this site is about!

SergntMac
04-23-2005, 06:25 PM
I know what this mod means to both of you, sincere congrats and best wishes.

MM03MOK
04-23-2005, 09:24 PM
I wished I had read that you were in town as I work in the general area. I would have drove over and said hello. ;)Haven't been to Mt. Clemens yet. That'll be in May, a few days before we come to see you. :D

bigslim
04-23-2005, 09:48 PM
Mary, just want to say congrats again on your Trilogy. I know exactly how you feel. Enjoy it. :banana2:

DEFYANT
04-24-2005, 12:53 AM
Mary, just want to say congrats again on your Trilogy. I know exactly how you feel. Enjoy it. :banana2:
What he said :D

RoyLPita
04-24-2005, 06:14 AM
It is about time. Most Trilogy buyers usually can't wait to install their kits. Anyway, Enjoy!!!

MM03MOK
04-24-2005, 08:22 AM
It is about time. Most Trilogy buyers usually can't wait to install their kits. Anyway, Enjoy!!!Believe me!! It made a long winter even longer!!

Petrograde
04-24-2005, 08:40 AM
Congrats Bob & Mary!!!!!!!! :up:

I hope the weather cooperates soon!

TechHeavy
04-24-2005, 08:41 AM
Congratulations Bob and Bunny! Be careful out there. :) :beer:

Jerry Barnes
04-24-2005, 09:18 AM
Mary and Bob,

Congratulations! I know that you have been waiting a long time. Please keep us updated on your experiences. Be very careful and if there is anything that we can do at Trilogy, do not hesitate to ask! And I am sure Lidio and crew feel the same.

Sincerely,

Jerry