PDA

View Full Version : Who here got Beat on Hempstead Turnpike today by a Z28???

Blackened300a
04-24-2005, 02:33 PM
My friend Told me that over by Nassau Colliseum, A silver MM was Trailing a Black Z28 by 5 Car lengths, Anyone of you guys????

jgc61sr2002
04-24-2005, 02:59 PM
My friend Told me that over by Nassau Colliseum, A silver MM was Trailing a Black Z28 by 5 Car lengths, Anyone of you guys????

Like they are going to give it up. I think not. Plus that is only one side of the story.

Blackened300a
04-24-2005, 03:23 PM
Like they are going to give it up. I think not. Plus that is only one side of the story.True but Z28 vs MM can produce that same outcome quite often so no need to be embarrassed. I got my ass handed to me by a new 350z with some bolt-ons lol Take the defeat and live to fight another day!

FordNut
04-24-2005, 04:04 PM
True but Z28 vs MM can produce that same outcome quite often so no need to be embarrassed. I got my ass handed to me by a new 350z with some bolt-ons lol Take the defeat and live to fight another day!
That's right, not much bragging rights for the Z28 sporty car to outrun a big sedan. 'Bout like a Z06 'Vette and a Z28 Camaro racing.

Dark_Knight7096
04-24-2005, 06:03 PM
Now that's why I LOVE these cars!!! Think about it, you tear apart any other "sporty" car on the road and they will never hear the end of it, "Dude you just got violated by a sedan!!" But if we get beat, nobody ever hears about it because nobody would go around bragging they just ripped apart a sedan. Like they might talk about some idiot in a four door trying to race them, but they really don't brag about it. Gives us really good press, the MM is a good PR car LOL

Blackened300a
04-24-2005, 06:55 PM
w
Now that's why I LOVE these cars!!! Think about it, you tear apart any other "sporty" car on the road and they will never hear the end of it, "Dude you just got violated by a sedan!!" But if we get beat, nobody ever hears about it because nobody would go around bragging they just ripped apart a sedan. Like they might talk about some idiot in a four door trying to race them, but they really don't brag about it. Gives us really good press, the MM is a good PR car LOL
Couldnt have said it better myself. I just wish my car was powerful enough to make a guy in a Viper feel like he was driving a neon when his ass is handed to him by a 4100lb Sedan that seats 5 comfortably lol For Now Ill rack up my kills and Pick myself up from my defeats lol

STLR FN
04-24-2005, 07:43 PM
Heck I had my ass handed to me by a 'Stang GT, but he has 4:10's, a CAI, and a Hypertech tune. Oh well now I know what to do.... I'll just WHINE about it later.

MENINBLK
04-24-2005, 09:12 PM

Sounds like someone doesn't know his limits... :rolleyes:

dwasson
04-24-2005, 09:19 PM
w
Couldnt have said it better myself. I just wish my car was powerful enough to make a guy in a Viper feel like he was driving a neon when his ass is handed to him by a 4100lb Sedan that seats 5 comfortably lol For Now Ill rack up my kills and Pick myself up from my defeats lol

That's nothing a bag of money won't fix.

shakes_26
04-24-2005, 09:55 PM
Sounds like someone doesn't know his limits... :rolleyes:
Mans got to know his limitations.....

Yeah okay, so I'd like to see that Z28 haul 5 adults.... comfortably, with a new PC in the box (trunk), a full size spare (in the trunk, an 18" wheel to boot), trunk organizer filled with crap, and still cruise with style http://mercurymarauder.net/forums/images/smilies/beatnik2.gif

Krytin
04-25-2005, 06:00 PM
w
Might not be able to actually hand it to him, but by the look's of it, Marty's LK looks like it good put a REAL good scare into one!

MarauderMark
04-25-2005, 06:08 PM
I have'nt been beat buy a sports car yet.Still waiting though..
I've only had my butt handed to me once .That was jet and he red lighted..
So if and when i get er back i'll go look for one.. :rolleyes:

dwasson
04-25-2005, 06:19 PM
It's been noted that a lot of street racing depends more on your nerve (or lack of sense) than your car.

FordNut
04-25-2005, 06:21 PM
w
I have a co-worker with a Viper. He can't drive too good, his best 1/4 time is 13.53 sec. I almost had him talked into running me until he found out about my new best time of 13.50 sec. Now he's skeered!

martyo
04-25-2005, 06:46 PM
Might not be able to actually hand it to him, but by the look's of it, Marty's LK looks like it good put a REAL good scare into one!

I can't wait to test this theory out! :D

Dan
05-03-2005, 03:14 PM
w

I dare say that if one of our cars was powerful enough to beat a Viper it might seat 5 but I doubt the passengers would be comfy. :)

Dan

Dan
05-03-2005, 03:17 PM
I have a co-worker with a Viper. He can't drive too good, his best 1/4 time is 13.53 sec. I almost had him talked into running me until he found out about my new best time of 13.50 sec. Now he's skeered!

For that small a difference I would take a chance at you. This guy must be quite timid.

Dan

FordNut
05-03-2005, 03:52 PM
For that small a difference I would take a chance at you. This guy must be quite timid.

Dan
He's been practicing now, so he can probably whoop me. Previously his reaction times were over 1 sec. Mine aren't anything to write home about, but I can cover a lot of ground in a second. Now his R/T is about .2, and he's getting E/T's in the 12's. I'll still run him if I can get him to the track.

BillyGman
05-22-2005, 03:34 PM
Camaro Z28's and SS's are no slouches. They have a 5.7L engine with cylinder heads that breath as good as our 4V heads do (1998-2002) and their cars are ofcourse lighter than ours. That's why thay all try to race me whenever I encounter them, and as long as there's room for me to show them, they ALL lose. It's such a trip to see the look on their faces after realizing that their cars just can't keep up!! Talk about being shocked......

CRUZTAKER
05-22-2005, 04:52 PM
The part of the story we didn't hear was that the Marauder was on a flatbed.....:P

Smokie
05-22-2005, 05:20 PM
The most embarrasing beating I have ever taken with my MM. was at the track...I ran my personal best and next to me is a tiny little green Honda Civic....he ran .5 second faster than me. Afterwards I asked if I could see his engine...I have installed engines in lawn tractors bigger than what he had...and he still kicked my ass.....:cry:

Blackened300a
05-22-2005, 08:15 PM
Yeah well My cousin was Heavy into Import Drag Racing and we put a 1.8L turbo engine dynoed at 585hp to the front wheels in a little Honda Civic Hatchback. The car is gutted out and weighs only 1200lbs. With the Car spinning the first three gears and bouncing off the rev limiter through the run, We still pulled a 11.5 sec 1/4 mile run. After Seeing that I learned that even though Ricers look Stupid and sound like Lawn mowers, Its Very Possible that one of them will hand you your Ass

:hotrice: