PDA

View Full Version : My Dyno Results

bigslim
04-27-2005, 01:36 PM
I went to see the "Zen Master" Lidio today for a tweek tuning and to get my K&N kit back on my car. I have to tell Lidio knows his way around a car. We ran the car before and after the K&N was installed. There was a 22hp gain between the two. My best run without the K&N was 369.2 RWHP and 381.7 RWTQ. The best run with the K&N was 391.5 RWHP and 383.9 RWTQ. The K&N does work on the Trilogy cars. Here are my results. By the way, I would like to thank Lidio for his tuning and Mark for all his work too. I will try to pust the dyno sheet as soon as I learn how to post it with reducing it.

MarauderMark
04-27-2005, 02:09 PM
Nice Numbers!:up: post in the gallery you dont have to reduce anything in there..

bigslim
04-27-2005, 02:24 PM
It says cannot load bmp file. How can I get this converted to a jpeg file?

TechHeavy
04-27-2005, 03:07 PM
I went to see the "Zen Master" Lidio today for a tweek tuning and to get my K&N kit back on my car. I have to tell Lidio knows his way around a car. We ran the car before and after the K&N was installed. There was a 22hp gain between the two. My best run without the K&N was 369.5 RWHP and 381.7 RWTQ. The best run with the K&N was 391.5 RWHP and 383.9 RWTQ. The K&N does work on the Trilogy cars. Here are my results. By the way, I would like to thank Lidio for his tuning and Mark for all his work too. I will try to pust the dyno sheet as soon as I learn how to post it with reducing it.
Hey Daryll,
I think you may have your numbers reversed in the first part of your thread: "My best run without the K&N was 369.5 RWHP and 381.7 RWTQ."
Then, if your RWHP was 381.7 before the K&N, and 391.5 after then that's about a 10 RWHP gain... about the same as me.
Please correct me if I'm wrong... just trying to understand the numbers.

stevengerard
04-27-2005, 03:16 PM
great numbers, email me the file I'll convert it for you.

tmac1337
04-27-2005, 03:44 PM
Congratulations on the blower and subsequent numbers!

tmac1337
04-27-2005, 03:46 PM
It says cannot load bmp file. How can I get this converted to a jpeg file?

Go over to www.downloads.com and download a high rated FREE file format changer.

MARAUDER S/C #5
04-27-2005, 04:39 PM
I went to see the "Zen Master" Lidio today for a tweek tuning and to get my K&N kit back on my car. I have to tell Lidio knows his way around a car. We ran the car before and after the K&N was installed. There was a 22hp gain between the two. My best run without the K&N was 369.5 RWHP and 381.7 RWTQ. The best run with the K&N was 391.5 RWHP and 383.9 RWTQ. The K&N does work on the Trilogy cars. Here are my results. By the way, I would like to thank Lidio for his tuning and Mark for all his work too. I will try to pust the dyno sheet as soon as I learn how to post it with reducing it.Hey Slim, I'm curious about the difference in our dyno numbers. Our cars were both stock at the time of install with my one exception being a K&N panel filter. You also have an 04 and I have an 03.

Big Slim's #'s 369.5 rwhp and 381.7 rwtq
S/C#5's #'s 381.9 rwhp and 347.8 rwtq

I'm wondering why you have less hp and more tq. I thought the average hp on a stock Trilogized Marauder was 380-390 and tq around 345. The different tq converter in the 04 maybe responsible for the extra tq you have. Could it be the difference in years 03/04 or maybe more likely the Supertuner chip you have which I don't. I would like to see my tq #'s more comparable to yours. Its also nice to see the K&N kit is well worth the $'s and looks better than other kits available. I just installed mine 2 weeks ago. If I gain 22hp like you have this will put me at just over 400 rwhp which I feel is a good and safe amount for my car. I still will not race the car until I get the tranny and rear end beefed up. I'm hoping to have this done next year, I plan on having this car a long time and am in no rush. I don't feel its worth taking the chance of breaking something and having to have the car towed all the way home (and then to Lidio's). Enjoy your new found power Slim, be safe and take good care of the car.
:up:

bigslim
04-27-2005, 04:50 PM
Hey Slim, I'm curious about the difference in our dyno numbers. Our cars were both stock at the time of install with my one exception being a K&N panel filter. You also have an 04 and I have an 03.

Big Slim's #'s 369.5 rwhp and 381.7 rwtq
S/C#5's #'s 381.9 rwhp and 347.8 rwtq

I'm wondering why you have less hp and more tq. I thought the average hp on a stock Trilogized Marauder was 380-390 and tq around 345. The different tq converter in the 04 maybe responsible for the extra tq you have. Could it be the difference in years 03/04 or maybe more likely the Supertuner chip you have which I don't. I would like to see my tq #'s more comparable to yours. Its also nice to see the K&N kit is well worth the $'s and looks better than other kits available. I just installed mine 2 weeks ago. If I gain 22hp like you have this will put me at just over 400 rwhp which I feel is a good and safe amount for my car. I still will not race the car until I get the tranny and rear end beefed up. I'm hoping to have this done next year, I plan on having this car a long time and am in no rush. I don't feel its worth taking the chance of breaking something and having to have the car towed all the way home (and then to Lidio's). Enjoy your new found power Slim, be safe and take good care of the car.
:up:
Could be the 410 gears that make the difference. This will be the only engine mods I do. Next when the money gets right I will do brakes.

MARAUDER S/C #5
04-27-2005, 04:52 PM
Could be the 410 gears that make the difference. This will be the only engine mods I do. Next when the money gets right I will do brakes.The gears don't take away hp or add tq, do they? :dunno: My stock brakes work fine.:cool:

bigslim
04-27-2005, 04:54 PM
Hey Daryll,
I think you may have your numbers reversed in the first part of your thread: "My best run without the K&N was 369.5 RWHP and 381.7 RWTQ."
Then, if your RWHP was 381.7 before the K&N, and 391.5 after then that's about a 10 RWHP gain... about the same as me.
Please correct me if I'm wrong... just trying to understand the numbers.
No you got wrong. My numbers were 369.2 RWHP before and 391.5 RWHP after the K&N. the torque number were 381.7 RWTQ before and 383.9 RWTQ after the install.

Deebar
04-27-2005, 05:35 PM
#5, did it ever occur to you that maaaybe your car just sucks?

JK ;)

MikesMerc
04-27-2005, 05:55 PM
Looks great Darryl :beer:

Your numbers seem to be within the ballpark. My bone stock MM with just the blower made 383 RWHP and 385 RWTQ.

MARAUDER S/C #5: Your HP looks fine, but your TQ seems down. Not sure whats up with that. Custom tune or stock chip?

FYI to all, bigger gears don't effect real power production, but they do influence dyno measuerment. Bigger gears usually report slightly lower power numbers on the dyno compared to smaller gears.

mpearce
04-27-2005, 06:46 PM
Slim...Nice numbers bud! Thats awesome...pics look great too!

Don't mean to hijack...

Ok guys here's a question I have. I may be N/A, but I notice that what I'm about to ask also applied to Slim just before he put on his K&N kit.

With my dyno numbers, my HP is lower than my TQ....269 / 294 respectively. I noticed that Slim before the K&N had lower HP than TQ. Then he wound up with more HP than TQ afterward putting the K&N on.

At what point does HP overtake TQ...N/A or Supercharged?? Is there something specific that causes it?

My TQ was much higher than my HP, same with Slim (before his intake mod).

Why? Can someone with some experience shed some light on this one for me, I'm just curious thats all.

-Mat

bigslim
04-27-2005, 07:03 PM
Slim...Nice numbers bud! Thats awesome...pics look great too!

Don't mean to hijack...

Ok guys here's a question I have. I may be N/A, but I notice that what I'm about to ask also applied to Slim just before he put on his K&N kit.

With my dyno numbers, my HP is lower than my TQ....269 / 294 respectively. I noticed that Slim before the K&N had lower HP than TQ. Then he wound up with more HP than TQ afterward putting the K&N on.

At what point does HP overtake TQ...N/A or Supercharged?? Is there something specific that causes it?

My TQ was much higher than my HP, same with Slim (before his intake mod).

Why? Can someone with some experience shed some light on this one for me, I'm just curious thats all.

-Mat
Good question.

stevengerard
04-27-2005, 09:08 PM
Here is your Dyno sheet!

Tallboy
04-27-2005, 09:16 PM
Awesome numbers, Slim-Great job!!!:beer:

bigslim
04-27-2005, 09:55 PM
Here is your Dyno sheet!
Thank you Steven.

MARAUDER S/C #5
04-28-2005, 04:06 AM
#5, did it ever occur to you that maaaybe your car just sucks?

JK ;)YOU SUCK A--HOLE !

JK:P

MM03MOK
04-28-2005, 12:55 PM
Darryl - congratulations on your install and dyno. :cheer: More power to you! I can't wait to see what #61 does on the dyno too!

TechHeavy
04-28-2005, 02:01 PM
No you got wrong. My numbers were 369.2 RWHP before and 391.5 RWHP after the K&N. the torque number were 381.7 RWTQ before and 383.9 RWTQ after the install.
Thanks bigslim. I wasn't questioning your results, just asking if there was perhaps a typo. I had never seen a car with more RWTQ than RWHP. That's all I was curious about. Your "after" K&N numbers look more like what I was expecting...
Either way... great numbers bud. See ya at at Martin Speedway? :) :D :banana2:

jgc61sr2002
04-28-2005, 02:57 PM
Darryl - Congrats, way to go. :D :up:

Jerry Barnes
04-28-2005, 03:23 PM
Slim,

The numbers look very good!

See you this weekend!

Jerry

stevengerard
04-28-2005, 08:17 PM
I had never seen a car with more RWTQ than RWHP. That's all I was curious about.

you don't see that a lot especially now a days, but my 442 is 500 TQ mid 300s hp

bigslim
04-28-2005, 09:08 PM
Thanks bigslim. I wasn't questioning your results, just asking if there was perhaps a typo. I had never seen a car with more RWTQ than RWHP. That's all I was curious about. Your "after" K&N numbers look more like what I was expecting...
Either way... great numbers bud. See ya at at Martin Speedway? :) :D :banana2:
No problem bud. :beer: