PDA

View Full Version : #71 is done

carfixer
04-27-2005, 08:01 PM
Today was Christmas in FL. The UPS man delivered my S/C to me at work. I was so excited, I (cough cough) went home sick. :puke: I called Tallboy and guess what? He's (cough ) sick too. :puke: He came right over to my house to borrow some cough meds. Within 12 seconds, we were both cured. We couldn't believe our luck.

Since we both blew off the work day, we figured we should open up the Trilogy boxes just to look inside. Well, maybe we should open up the packages and spread the pieces out for when we do install kit #71. Since I didn't want the kids to trip over the stuff spread out in the garage, we figured we should install a couple of the items, you know, just to get them out of the way.

Well, we got them all out of the way. Trilogy #71 is alive and well. What a hoot. I have driven so many S/C cars lately, it was making it unbearable to drive my N/A car (not really, my car was damn fast N/A). I am now a proud owner of a Supercharged Marauder!

I want to thank Tallboy for all the help. Chuck, you are a true friend.

Rider90
04-27-2005, 08:03 PM
Congrats! Have fun for me.

maraudernkc
04-27-2005, 08:07 PM
Carfixer, Congrats!

HwyCruiser
04-27-2005, 08:07 PM
Cool! Another bow to the boost! :bows:

Bigdogjim
04-27-2005, 08:10 PM
Congrats:up:

jgc61sr2002
04-27-2005, 08:14 PM
Fixer - Congrats - Glad you are feeling better. :rofl:

MarauderMike
04-27-2005, 08:17 PM
Congrats Carfixer. Welcome to the Supercharged Marauder Club!! I remember you eyeing over my newly installed S/C at Indianapolis, now we have team cars. We await to hear your first kill story :D

bigslim
04-27-2005, 08:23 PM
From #73 to #71, "Happy Motoring". You will love it.

Rider90
04-27-2005, 08:25 PM
From #73 to #71, "Happy Motoring". You will love it.

Oh boy, I'm picturing 73 different Marauders on their way to MV-III with CB Radios...

"This is 71 to 73, 73 we're approaching Burger King, what is your E.T.A.?"

MERCMAN
04-27-2005, 08:48 PM
WTG Claude!! now get a FHP aux, sticker for the bumper and you are ready to go

Tallboy
04-27-2005, 08:52 PM
Today was Christmas in FL. The UPS man delivered my S/C to me at work. I was so excited, I (cough cough) went home sick. :puke: I called Tallboy and guess what? He's (cough ) sick too. :puke: He came right over to my house to borrow some cough meds. Within 12 seconds, we were both cured. We couldn't believe our luck.

Since we both blew off the work day, we figured we should open up the Trilogy boxes just to look inside. Well, maybe we should open up the packages and spread the pieces out for when we do install kit #71. Since I didn't want the kids to trip over the stuff spread out in the garage, we figured we should install a couple of the items, you know, just to get them out of the way.

Well, we got them all out of the way. Trilogy #71 is alive and well. What a hoot. I have driven so many S/C cars lately, it was making it unbearable to drive my N/A car (not really, my car was damn fast N/A). I am now a proud owner of a Supercharged Marauder!

I want to thank Tallboy for all the help. Chuck, you are a true friend.Today was a good day.:)

It started kinda early for me. I really didn't plan on doing much this morning-have some coffee,:coffee: read the paper, and do some paperwork :type: from the house while I await Carfixer's phone call saying "the eagle had landed." Didn't work out like that, though. I got a call from a client I'd been trying to close for weeks. She's ready to write the check. So, I headed out first thing up I-75 north to Anna Maria Island to close the deal [one of the fastest I'd ever done]. Then it was time to head south to Fort Myers. I was about 10 minutes away from Carfixer's when he called saying the kit was in the car and he was headed home.

Perfect.:cool:

We were like two kids on Christmas morning unpacking the Trilogy boxes. Sure, we'd each done this before, but this time it was different. This time it wasn't Carfixer unpacking a customer's boxes, or me sifting through mine, it was both of us finally unpacking his. We couldn't stop smiling! From the KB Boost-A-Pump to the intercooler, we were laughing and cracking jokes the whole time. By the time we were done, the sun had set. The day was done. But we weren't...

The car fired up immediately and settled into a perfect idle. We let it warm up in the driveway while we cleaned up. We had been waiting for this moment for quite some time. We backed the car out of the driveway, and Carfixer put it into "D", looked over at me and smiled, and punched it. The boost guage is pegged, the tach is reaching for the sky, and the back tires are helpless! This freakin' thing flies!

Which brings me to his first kill story-his rear tires!:burnout: :burnout:

Thanks for letting me hang out and swing a wrench or two today, ol' buddy. the pleasure was entirely mine.
I am lucky to have you as my friend.

Today was a good day.:up:

bigslim
04-27-2005, 08:57 PM
Today was a good day.:)

It started kinda early for me. I really didn't plan on doing much this morning-have some coffee,:coffee: read the paper, and do some paperwork :type: from the house while I await Carfixer's phone call saying "the eagle had landed." Didn't work out like that, though. I got a call from a client I'd been trying to close for weeks. She's ready to write the check. So, I headed out first thing up I-75 north to Anna Maria Island to close the deal [one of the fastest I'd ever done]. Then it was time to head south to Fort Myers. I was about 10 minutes away from Carfixer's when he called saying the kit was in the car and he was headed home.

Perfect.:cool:

We were like two kids on Christmas morning unpacking the Trilogy boxes. Sure, we'd each done this before, but this time it was different. This time it wasn't Carfixer unpacking a customer's boxes, or me sifting through mine, it was both of us finally unpacking his. We couldn't stop smiling! From the KB Boost-A-Pump to the intercooler, we were laughing and cracking jokes the whole time. By the time we were done, the sun had set. The day was done. But we weren't...

The car fired up immediately and settled into a perfect idle. We let it warm up in the driveway while we cleaned up. We had been waiting for this moment for quite some time. We backed the car out of the driveway, and Carfixer put it into "D", looked over at me and smiled, and punched it. The boost guage is pegged, the tach is reaching for the sky, and the back tires are helpless! This freakin' thing flies!

Thanks for letting me hang out and swing a wrench or two today, ol' buddy. the pleasure was entirely mine.
I am lucky to have you as my friend.

Today was a good day.:up:
This story brings a tear to my eyes...

martyo
04-28-2005, 03:02 AM
This story brings a tear to my eyes...

This is one of the best threads I have ever read on this site! :2thumbs:

Bradley G
04-28-2005, 03:13 AM
I can't wait to play Hookie:banana2:

Now I have to go and see if anyone wants to hire a middle aged, semi-disfunctional guy, that wants to play hookie.:rolleyes:
Bradley G

Rick-n-Miami
04-28-2005, 03:55 AM
Congrats! I had a feeling you wouldn't wait until Thursday! :)

MARAUDER S/C #5
04-28-2005, 03:56 AM
Welcome to the Trilogy Club :2thumbs:

MarauderMark
04-28-2005, 04:00 AM
Good story!! Congrats on your new found power.:up:

RF Overlord
04-28-2005, 04:08 AM
carfixer:

After all the help you gave me, I'm glad you finally have one to call your own!

(it's about damn time...) :lol:

Bluerauder
04-28-2005, 04:30 AM
Congrats on your new toy !! :up: Sounds like the installation went very smoothly. Any truth to the rumor that BFG is adding another shift to keep up with the demand for rear tires?? :D

Cobra25
04-28-2005, 04:51 AM
Congrat's Buddy! Welcome to the Trilogy Club !

SouLRioT
04-28-2005, 04:52 AM
Couldn't happen to a better guy. Now the question is, has Paula driven the car yet? If she has already have you marked the day in the calendar on when your going to buy her own MM?

LordVader
04-28-2005, 07:10 AM
Me too...Me too! Two buds hanging out, playing hooky, making mechanical music. Final product a great day and another "fast car" is loose on the roads.

This is one of the best threads I have ever read on this site! :2thumbs:

blackf0rk
04-28-2005, 08:55 AM
Can someone come over to my house with a Trilogy box? :( :( :(

DEFYANT
04-28-2005, 09:16 AM
Can someone come over to my house with a Trilogy box? :( :( :(
Congrats Carfixer!!

Blackf0rk, the answer is yes... for $6K + shipping :D

Shaft333
04-28-2005, 09:38 AM
How difficult is the install?
Is a lift mandatory?

Smokie
04-28-2005, 10:09 AM
....today was Christmas in FL.Claude, I am so glad that you finally got what you been wishing for so long...well deserved my friend, you earned that kit. I am sorry I could not have been present to help you put it in, but Chuck is a great friend and took care of you. Look forward to seeing you soon at the track....I'll be looking at the back of your car mostly....I am truly happy for you friend, Javier.

BillyGman
04-28-2005, 11:33 AM
Congrats Claude!!!! Welcome to club Trilogy, and be carefull with all of that new found power. :)

marauderboi
04-28-2005, 11:57 AM
You are gonna have to post some #
also are you gonna leave the nitrous system hooked up

Tallboy
04-28-2005, 12:06 PM
How difficult is the install?
Is a lift mandatory?If you have basic mechanical skills, you can install this kit.
You'll need at least a floor jack to get at the EGR tube, and to install the coolant pump.

MarauderTJA
04-28-2005, 12:09 PM

I want to thank Tallboy for all the help. Chuck, you are a true friend.
Absolutely Cool Claude:beer: . Finnally your Supercharged:burnout: Between us all here in SW Florida we are going to rule!!!!:banana2: Will come by the shop soon to check it out.

King Fubar
04-28-2005, 12:47 PM
Now all we need is Bootlegger to be charged and we'll have Lee County locked up

MM03MOK
04-28-2005, 01:17 PM
Claude! :congrats: :cheer: I see you adding to the list of errands to run! :lol:

Jerry Barnes
04-28-2005, 03:28 PM
Claude,

It has been a pleasure working with you and I look forward to a lot more installations in Florida. I am glad to see that you are finally running around terrorizing other sports cars! Thanks for the call last night, it sounded like you were having a great time.

Oh my God, you and Chuck on the same roads! Florida drivers have got to be shaking in their boots!

Please be safe!

Jerry

tmac1337
04-28-2005, 04:00 PM
Way to go Claude! Can't wait to see it!

JFB
04-28-2005, 04:08 PM
And to think, I started all this:beer:
Good Luck and enjoy !!!

TechHeavy
04-28-2005, 04:21 PM
'at a boy, Carfixer! Just remember that you're now the King of the road. Mustangs and Corvettes have to "request" an audience with you! Be cool out there! ....and um... bring it to MVIII will ya! :D :beer:

Thanks Chuck for your help with the newest Trilogy S/C owner! :) :rock:

Bootlegger
04-28-2005, 05:34 PM
Now all we need is Bootlegger to be charged and we'll have Lee County locked up
Well somebody has to be different, for the time being anyway.!!

04MEMA
04-28-2005, 06:14 PM
Oh boy, I'm picturing 73 different Marauders on their way to MV-III with CB Radios...

"This is 71 to 73, 73 we're approaching Burger King, what is your E.T.A.?"

"Car 71, this is car 56, I'm a 1/4 mile away, I'll be there in 13 seconds!"

Congrats on the s/c!!!!! Awesome story!

Jeff :beer:

Tallboy
04-28-2005, 06:22 PM
"Car 71, this is car 56, I'm a 1/4 mile away, I'll be there in 13 seconds!"

Congrats on the s/c!!!!! Awesome story!

Jeff :beer:
Good to hear from you, Jeff. I hope all is well...:)

carfixer
04-28-2005, 07:38 PM
I wanted to thank everyone who posted. You guys are great. Owning an S/C MM is so cool. I just want to get out and drive it all the time.

jgc61sr2002: Fixer - Congrats - Glad you are feeling better.
John, thanks, I'm feeling MUCH better now

MarauderMike: Congrats Carfixer. Welcome to the Supercharged Marauder Club!! I remember you eyeing over my newly installed S/C at Indianapolis, now we have team cars. We await to hear your first kill story
Mike, I wasn't eyeing your DTR Trilogy, I was drooling over it! :drool:

bigslim: From #73 to #71, "Happy Motoring". You will love it.
#71 to #73, back at ya!

mercman: WTG Claude!! now get a FHP aux, sticker for the bumper and you are ready to go
Mercman, no FHP sticker needed, they already think I'm undercover!

Rick-n-Miami: Congrats! I had a feeling you wouldn't wait until Thursday!
Rick-n-Miami, I couldn't even wait 10 minutes, never mind waiting till the next day!!

RF Overlord: carfixer:
After all the help you gave me, I'm glad you finally have one to call your own!

(it's about damn time...)
RF, It was a long 5 weeks waiting but it was well worth the wait. I don't know how you managed to wait 4 months!

Bluerauder Quote: Congrats on your new toy !! Sounds like the installation went very smoothly. Any truth to the rumor that BFG is adding another shift to keep up with the demand for rear tires??
Bluerauder, I have 2 sets of rear BFG's stacked and ready to go :burnout:. That should get me by till the end of the summer :(.

SouLRioT: Couldn't happen to a better guy. Now the question is, has Paula driven the car yet? If she has already have you marked the day in the calendar on when your going to buy her own MM?
Bill, Paula hasn't driven it yet. For some reason, her key no longer works :dunno:

Smokie: Claude, I am so glad that you finally got what you been wishing for so long...well deserved my friend, you earned that kit. I am sorry I could not have been present to help you put it in, but Chuck is a great friend and took care of you. Look forward to seeing you soon at the track....I'll be looking at the back of your car mostly....I am truly happy for you friend, Javier.
Javier, I would have loved to have you over for the install party but I just couldn't wait till Saturday. We'll plan a track day soon! Be prepared, cause your gonna have your turn with her.

marauderboi: also are you gonna leave the nitrous system hooked up?
marauderboi, no more NOS. I retired it, for now. Paula wants me to put it on her Continenal :confused:. When I upgrade my internals, I may use it. I'm not brave enough yet.

MarauderTJA: Absolutely Cool Claude . Finnally your Supercharged Between us all here in SW Florida we are going to rule!!!! Will come by the shop soon to check it out
Tom, come on by with that awesome, show winning Procharger MM. You've done that car up nice.

King Fubar: Now all we need is Bootlegger to be charged and we'll have Lee County locked up
King Fubar, I think we will be chasing Mel with that big NOS shot!

MM03MOK: Claude! I see you adding to the list of errands to run!
Mary, sorry I took so long to reply, I had to go back to the store for more fish food.

Jerry Barnes
Jerry, your a great guy and I'm glad to call you a friend.

JoeB: And to think, I started all this
JoeB, see what you went and started! :up: Isn't is fun!!!

the_pack_rat
04-30-2005, 11:59 AM
Hey,

You put that on the wrong DTR MM !.

:P

CONGRATS !.

In need to call Scanlon & see if that door lock actuator ever made it in .....

Then I can come down & see this beast up close & personal.