PDA

View Full Version : HID Group Buy Interest?

wchain
04-28-2005, 01:43 PM
Just putting feelers out to see if anyone is interested in some HID head Light Bulbs.

9007,single beam kit, made by McCulloch with the new G5 Ballasts.

The kit includes two lights, ballasts and wiring harnesses.

The group buy will offer two intensities,
The 5300K Kit offers a white light with a slightly yellow tinge,

http://images9.fotki.com/v171/photos/4/41821/142907/accord2_sized-vi.jpg

The 6000K Kit offers the best combination, The closest thing to the BMW lights that everyone wants, this set up will produce a slightly blue hue.

http://images9.fotki.com/v172/photos/4/41821/142907/tahoe60004_sized-vi.jpg

The Kits will be priced as follows:
$270.00 For the 5300K Kit
$285.00 For the 6000K Kit

FREE SHIPPING ON ALL KITS, we'll run this group buy until the 27th of May, when all the kits will be ordered, and then I'll ship them out when they arrive!

We need TEN KITS to get the price, and I'm gettig one for the MM, so Nine more!

MarauderMark
04-28-2005, 02:30 PM
Just putting feelers out to see if anyone is interested in some HID head Light Bulbs.

9007,single beam kit, made by McCulloch with the new G5 Ballasts.

The kit includes two lights, ballasts and wiring harnesses.

The group buy will offer two intensities,
The 5300K Kit offers a white light with a slightly yellow tinge,

http://images9.fotki.com/v171/photos/4/41821/142907/accord2_sized-vi.jpg

The 6000K Kit offers the best combination, The closest thing to the BMW lights that everyone wants, this set up will produce a slightly blue hue.

http://images9.fotki.com/v172/photos/4/41821/142907/tahoe60004_sized-vi.jpg

The Kits will be priced as follows:
$270.00 For the 5300K Kit
$285.00 For the 6000K Kit

FREE SHIPPING ON ALL KITS, we'll run this group buy until the 27th of May, when all the kits will be ordered, and then I'll ship them out when they arrive!

We need TEN KITS to get the price, and I'm gettig one for the MM, so Nine more!

Well Wes I thought there was a problem hooking them up and using them or aligning them correctly on the MM i remeber reading it in a post here somewhere ..But i'll tell ya if these will be no problem with our car then put me down for a kit as well cause i do like these lights for the MM.
1 more thing will these be complete kits or will we have to purchse something else later on ..

BruteForce
04-28-2005, 02:33 PM
What Mark said... is there any fabrication required or is it a drop-in replacement?

wchain
04-28-2005, 02:49 PM
Hey Guys!
These are a drop in replacement for the 9007 Bulb, come with all wiring, ballasts and bulbs, no cutting or splicing required.

Where did you see issues with fitment? Perhaps I need to ask them to send me a sample set to try out......

Thanks!
Wes

01 Interceptor
04-28-2005, 03:22 PM
If I recall correctly, the issue isn't with the fitment...but with the aiming. Most, if not all HID equipped cars from the factory have specially designed buckets to focus the light. Since HID is much different than a halogen system, converting a halogen system to HID would require redesigned reflectors at the very least. If this is not done, you may blind oncoming traffic unless you aim your lights downward. Even then you may still not disperse the light properly, therefore negating any perceived gains from this mod. Also, what brand of bulb and ballast are they using, as well as the type of ballast (i.e. separate igniter, or contained in the ballast.)

Personally, I love this idea. Wes if they'll send you a kit to test, I'd be very interested in your findings. I would love to put HIDs on the CV to match the color of the PIAA fog/driving lights I have.

Bradley G
04-28-2005, 03:41 PM
Trilogy #2 has PIAA fogs.:D
I like the factory ones, plain, no purple rainbow look:coolman: .
That is the only thing, I don't care for on that car.Everything down to the stickersare bad azz.
Bradley G

Directedby
04-28-2005, 03:49 PM
Wes,

I am interested but I think you need to try out first and report back.

Thanks,

Paul

Rider90
04-28-2005, 04:18 PM
I too am interested, and would like many pictures of a test vehicle before I say I'm in. A mod like this, one that I am highly interested in, will get my butt through 6 gears of work and labor to earn the money.

Sully008
04-28-2005, 07:52 PM
Wes,

I'm interested as well, but I think one thing about the aftermarket kit is that you will lose your high beam function. IIRC, the only dual beam kit is for an H4 bulb. It may or may not be a big deal to some, but travelling on the highway late at night I'm torn between the brighter, whiter light of HID, and the further cast of a traditional high beam.

Marauder
05-01-2005, 07:12 AM
Wes,

I'm interested as well, but I think one thing about the aftermarket kit is that you will lose your high beam function. IIRC, the only dual beam kit is for an H4 bulb. It may or may not be a big deal to some, but travelling on the highway late at night I'm torn between the brighter, whiter light of HID, and the further cast of a traditional high beam.

Same here. I've wanted a set since back when I had my CV but am having a tough time deciding since you do lose your high beams.

Since I pulled out my Silver Stars, I've installed a set of PIAA Xtreme White bulbs. These definitely are white than the silver stars and do seen more "HID-like" but not blue like those cheapo blue bulbs.

What about HIDs for the H1s?

1 BAD 03 MM
05-06-2005, 03:12 AM
Been lookin' and this is what I'm gettin'. Headlamps and Fogs. Aim down a bit and enjoy the light and the look. :D

LVMarauder
05-08-2005, 11:11 PM
Im interested too Wes, but as everyone else said I would like to see a test fit first.

MarauderMark
05-22-2005, 07:04 PM
WES!!!
How did you make out with these and also can you find out if we can also have the option to purchase Low/High beams as well..

Elloooooooo!?

Rider90
05-22-2005, 08:28 PM
WES!!!
How did you make out with these and also can you find out if we can also have the option to purchase Low/High beams as well..

Ditto... :stupid:

Lawrider
05-22-2005, 08:29 PM
Wes,

Im in for a set of the 6000k, 9007 bulb.

Cheers,
Sameer

MarauderMark
05-23-2005, 05:00 AM
Ditto... :stupid:

Gee thanks.. :rolleyes: Nobody loves me :alone:

Rider90
05-23-2005, 07:31 AM
Gee thanks.. :rolleyes: Nobody loves me :alone:
:hmmm: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :neener:

MarauderMark
06-12-2005, 07:38 AM
WES!!!
How did you make out with these and also can you find out if we can also have the option to purchase Low/High beams as well.

Ellooooooooo!?

texascorvette
06-12-2005, 07:56 PM
Same here. I've wanted a set since back when I had my CV but am having a tough time deciding since you do lose your high beams.

Since I pulled out my Silver Stars, I've installed a set of PIAA Xtreme White bulbs. These definitely are white than the silver stars and do seen more "HID-like" but not blue like those cheapo blue bulbs.

What about HIDs for the H1s?
Why did you pull out the Silver Stars? I was thinking of putting them in.