PDA

View Full Version : Fuel pump advice ?

mad1stgen
04-28-2005, 08:44 PM
Lidio,
I am about ready to bring down the 97 Mark for the vortech tune, but still need to change out the fuel pump. The car has the return style fuel system but I think it also uses variable voltage to control the pump flow. Now do you think I should stick to the 255 HP walbro or maybe run the Aviator pump, supposedly made for returnless style, but working fine for the guys in 98 cobra's.
Thanx,
Jeremi.

Lidio
04-29-2005, 04:12 AM
Lidio,
I am about ready to bring down the 97 Mark for the vortech tune, but still need to change out the fuel pump. The car has the return style fuel system but I think it also uses variable voltage to control the pump flow. Now do you think I should stick to the 255 HP walbro or maybe run the Aviator pump, supposedly made for returnless style, but working fine for the guys in 98 cobra's.
Thanx,
Jeremi.

I've never used the Aviator pump, I know the 255 Walbro works good. I 've used it for years '98 and older stangs with no trouble. Its a little trickey to install in the '98 Mustangs, but it does work great.

Thanks

mad1stgen
05-05-2005, 04:14 PM
I've never used the Aviator pump, I know the 255 Walbro works good. I 've used it for years '98 and older stangs with no trouble. Its a little trickey to install in the '98 Mustangs, but it does work great.

Thanks
Cool, I'll use the walbro.

What modifications do you perform on that basket ? Do you drill additional holes in it to allow more fuel for the 255 pump ?

Thanx !!!

SergntMac
05-05-2005, 05:30 PM
Just sticking my nose in here, but I have the Walbro 255lph (liter per hour) pump on my Marauder, and it's working fine, according to Lidio. Happy motoring!

Lidio
05-05-2005, 07:33 PM
Cool, I'll use the walbro.

What modifications do you perform on that basket ? Do you drill additional holes in it to allow more fuel for the 255 pump ?

Thanx !!!

Yes we drill a 1/2" hole in the front of the basket near the bottom. This has proven to work real good in the '98s.