PDA

View Full Version : Mustang wheels

schoenhardm
02-26-2003, 09:50 PM
I am curious if Mustang 17x8 bullitt wheels will fit on a Marauder. I know both cars have the same bolt pattern (5 on 4.5) but I'm not sure about the offset, backspacing, brake clearance, etc. By the way what is the backspacing and offset of the OEM wheel. I know Grand Marquis's had a RWD offset up to 2002 and changed it to a FWD offset in 2003. Please let me know if you have any information.

RCSignals
02-26-2003, 11:08 PM
The offset is wrong. The Bullitt wheels have an offset of about 36mm. The Marauder requires 50mm

Billatpro
02-27-2003, 11:16 AM
I was told by performancewheeloutlet.com that the 18" Cobra R wheel fits! does this wheel have the offset as the Bullit wheel?

jefferson-mo
02-27-2003, 12:09 PM
Hey Bill are you talkin' 'bout the 2000 Cobra R???

The ones in the Motorsport Catalog have a 6.12"backspacing.........about the same as our stockers.......if they are 9 or 9.5 wide they may not fit.......

That place you mentioned is in San Bernardino--about 2 hours up the road from me.......if he's got 'em in stock maybe one Saturday I can run up there and see how they fit???????

:banana2:

Billatpro
02-27-2003, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by jefferson-mo
Hey Bill are you talkin' 'bout the 2000 Cobra R???

The ones in the Motorsport Catalog have a 6.12"backspacing.........about the same as our stockers.......if they are 9 or 9.5 wide they may not fit.......

That place you mentioned is in San Bernardino--about 2 hours up the road from me.......if he's got 'em in stock maybe one Saturday I can run up there and see how they fit???????

:banana2:

Man that would be outstanding if you could do it, I want a set of these but I'm just not sure if they know what there talking about!:rock: