PDA

View Full Version : Minor Catastrophe in the gallery...

Logan
05-01-2005, 11:06 AM
All,

There's been a minor catastrophe on the server, affecting mercurygallery.net, which includes the photo galleries for this site...

I'm working to correct it and will update as I can, for now, I've created a new, local Gallery and repointed the URL's. If you had sig images hosted here, you probably want to re-upload them in the mean time.

Ugh. What a day.

CRUZTAKER
05-01-2005, 12:35 PM
oh yeah....I see....:depress:

I am sure that's not the way you wanted to spend your Sunday.

I wish I could help in someway.....wait a minute....no I don't....that computer software stuff can be a real pita.:P

Logan
05-01-2005, 12:49 PM
Well, I've got one REALLY big folder with all the images it in... Completely unorganized of course, just to make sure my entire day sucks...

SergntMac
05-01-2005, 06:21 PM
Speaking for myself, I'm kind of happy our gallery went south. I was waiting for the right time to clean out my own crap, and nature spoke up in my favor.

Good.

Some of the sigs I had to read were getting outrageous anyway, let's start over, eh?

And hopefully, with some consideration for how long it takes for those signatures to load? Time and time again, post after post, and over and over again too.

Thanks, Logan, this crash couldn't have come at a better time. I know you didn't plan it, or, ask for this headache, but don't sweat it, K? My pages haven't loaded this quick in a long while.

Just my .02C, carry on...

MM03MOK
05-01-2005, 06:26 PM
Well, lay off the signatures with so many out of scale pics..... A reminder that you can load pics into your Garage and put a link in your sig to the Garage.

One can also do this (under "Edit Options"):

Visible Post Elements<TABLE cellSpacing=3 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>You have the option to show or hide various elements of messages, which may be of use to users on slow internet connections, or who want to remove extraneous clutter from posts.</TD></TR><TR><TD><LABEL for=cb_showsignatures><INPUT id=cb_showsignatures type=checkbox CHECKED value=1 name=options[showsignatures]>Show Signatures</LABEL>

<LABEL for=cb_showavatars><INPUT id=cb_showavatars type=checkbox CHECKED value=1 name=options[showavatars]>Show Avatars</LABEL>
<LABEL for=cb_showimages><INPUT id=cb_showimages type=checkbox CHECKED value=1 name=options[showimages]>Show Images (including attached images and images in [IMG] code)</LABEL>

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

SouLRioT
05-02-2005, 11:52 AM
I just spent better part of two hours finding my stuff (on page 227 of something like 237), and deleted the stuff I didnt need to carry over. As a note to someone trying to find their stuff, there is no real order, but it seems like it starts with the first member with A then jumps to another letter then back up to A, back and forth like that. For instance Cruztaker I remember was twords the end a little befor mine were, but after Sgt Mac.

twolow
05-02-2005, 12:30 PM
So is the prior gallery going to be fixed in time or do we need to re-enter all our pics? If the original gallery will be fixed which is how I read Logan's post why bother reloading all your pics for such a short time?

SouLRioT
05-02-2005, 12:46 PM
The way I take it, is that if you dont transfer them over he's going to delete them all.

Rider90
05-02-2005, 01:03 PM
What about the "Photo" link on each of our posts? For most people, if not all, it just goes to an error 404 page. What can we do about this?

MM03MOK
05-02-2005, 01:17 PM
What about the "Photo" link on each of our posts? For most people, if not all, it just goes to an error 404 page. What can we do about this?We can't do anything. Let Logan work through the issue.

Logan
05-02-2005, 03:15 PM
What about the "Photo" link on each of our posts? For most people, if not all, it just goes to an error 404 page. What can we do about this?
Ooops, I have to fix that too. :)

PS - Yes, if you want your photos, go find em, I don't like your chances otherwise...

MarauderMark
05-02-2005, 03:17 PM
I found what to do..:up:

TooManyFords
05-02-2005, 04:08 PM
PS - Yes, if you want your photos, go find em, I don't like your chances otherwise...
Why not burn all the unlinked images to a CD and "SELL" it to the members!

;)

Logan
05-02-2005, 04:09 PM
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. ...... It'd make a hell of a slideshow cd eh? You may have something there!

TooManyFords
05-02-2005, 04:10 PM
It'd make a hell of a slideshow cd eh? You may have something there!
I -always- try to find the glass half full! (or CD in this case!)

Put me down for one!

John

SergntMac
05-02-2005, 04:15 PM
So...I got new and really neat checkered flags under my name, but lost my gallery. No complaints, I was ready to trash my gallery anyway, but I was too lazy to step through it all one pic at a time.

But, what do the checkered flags mean?

Rider90
05-02-2005, 04:16 PM
That you've donated money to this website.

SergntMac
05-02-2005, 04:24 PM
Oh...Well, thanks!

Any significance to the number of flags?

BruteForce
05-02-2005, 04:39 PM
Oh...Well, thanks!

Any significance to the number of flags?

The number of donations? Guessing based on how many I have.

MarauderMark
05-02-2005, 04:40 PM
How do i save the quicktime movies? pg 146

MM03MOK
05-02-2005, 04:52 PM
But, what do the checkered flags mean?http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?p=248691&highlight=flags#post248691

Stars are for Registered Members. Flags (formerly trophies) are for Contributing Members, who also have access to the Members Only Forum. The icons both indicate the level of posts.

1 star/flag >100 posts
2 stars/flags > 300 posts
3 stars/flags > 500 posts
4 stars/flags > 750 posts
5 stars/flags > 1000 posts<!-- / message -->

Bigdogjim
05-02-2005, 05:34 PM
Hey Bunny your not fast......But funny also:laugh:

CRUZTAKER
05-03-2005, 02:05 PM
PS - Yes, if you want your photos, go find em, I don't like your chances otherwise...Well....sucks to me....I am on the road with 26.6 dial up. There is no way I can move 230 some pics on this connection.

Hopefully they last till friday, otherwise.....bye bye pics.....;)

BTW: A big thanks to Mary for re-sorting the EAM meet pics. :up:

I would love to re-sort the Ron Rush photos as well....hint hint wink....:P

MM03MOK
05-03-2005, 03:33 PM
BTW: A big thanks to Mary for re-sorting the EAM meet pics. :up:

I would love to re-sort the Ron Rush photos as well....hint hint wink....:PAll the pics say they're Logan's so it was easy to identify my own, knowing the pics I took. It'll be a lot harder to move anyone elses, not knowing the pics. It is time consuming but I didn't want to lose our event pics that I took. I also don't know if you can change the "owner" of the picture, to make it appear in your Member Gallery. As Admin, I can.

HwyCruiser
05-03-2005, 04:12 PM
I found mine and am in the process of saving them to my hd. It looks like they all start off with my member #, i.e.: 1593Amp_install_1.jpg. They appear to be sequencial in the folder, all strung together.

Is this consistent for everyone else?

FordNut
05-07-2005, 06:11 AM
I found mine and am in the process of saving them to my hd. It looks like they all start off with my member #, i.e.: 1593Amp_install_1.jpg. They appear to be sequencial in the folder, all strung together.

Is this consistent for everyone else?
Found mine, yes that's the format they were in.

I selected the ones I wanted to keep, then selected "move to member galleries". Now I can't find them. What happened?

MM03MOK
05-07-2005, 07:27 AM
Found mine, yes that's the format they were in.

I selected the ones I wanted to keep, then selected "move to member galleries". Now I can't find them. What happened?You must change the name of the "owner" of each photo from Logan to yourself. Otherwise it goes into Logan's Album. Click on "Edit Photo" and "change owner."

CRUZTAKER
05-07-2005, 08:14 AM
You must change the name of the "owner" of each photo from Logan to yourself. Otherwise it goes into Logan's Album. Click on "Edit Photo" and "change owner."
Hey Mary...I am having a similar problem. Although I have found a way to change 'WHERE' the picture will reside....I cannot find this 'CHANGE OWNER' command in the 'EDIT PHOTO' window.

MM03MOK
05-07-2005, 08:34 AM
I made one change. See if it helps. I emailed you what the page looks like.

MARAUDER S/C #5
05-07-2005, 08:34 AM
You must change the name of the "owner" of each photo from Logan to yourself. Otherwise it goes into Logan's Album. Click on "Edit Photo" and "change owner."
After clicking on "Edit Photo" there is no way to "change owner" that I can see.
Seems to be an Admin. option only?

:confused:

FordNut
05-07-2005, 01:07 PM
Now I can't find the ones I moved earlier. Oh well.

Logan
05-07-2005, 02:23 PM
I'm thinking more and more a DVD of whole she-bang would be worthwhile...

FordNut
05-07-2005, 04:44 PM
I'm thinking more and more a DVD of whole she-bang would be worthwhile...
It would be, but I was trying to transfer some without download/upload (dial-up).

MM03MOK
05-07-2005, 06:03 PM
Now I can't find the ones I moved earlier. Oh well.If you've moved them to Member Gallery without changing the "owner," they're all now in Logan's folder. Can anyone look to see if you now have access to "change owner"? Not sure what has to be changed on the back end to allow this.

FastMerc
05-07-2005, 06:06 PM
Logan's right...we can move pictures till the cows come home, but they all still go to HIS member gallery folder.

Aside from allowing a time frame for ALL members here at mm.net to have the admin options changed so that we may do more than we can now, ie. CHANGE OWNER, moving them is personally useless.

.....btw: we have the ability to move ANYONES photo and rename it at this time...just not the ability to CHANGE OWNER.

CRUZTAKER
05-07-2005, 07:23 PM
Logan's right...we can move pictures till the cows come home, but they all still go to HIS member gallery folder.

Aside from allowing a time frame for ALL members here at mm.net to have the admin options changed so that we may do more than we can now, ie. CHANGE OWNER, moving them is personally useless.

.....btw: we have the ability to move ANYONES photo and rename it at this time...just not the ability to CHANGE OWNER.

DITTO....;)

Actually I was on Marks page and posted that while under his screen name.
Sorry Mark....

ncmm
05-30-2005, 07:27 PM
Is our "photos" link going to be relinked someday? :)

or should we all just start creating a new link in our sigs?

thanks for looking :burnout:

MM03MOK
05-30-2005, 07:47 PM
Is our "photos" link going to be relinked someday? :)

or should we all just start creating a new link in our sigs?

thanks for looking :burnout:Reload any photo you want to link is my suggestion. Photos can be moved to Members Galleries from Recovered Photos, but they're all still under Logan's name. Don't link to any photo in Recovered Photos.

ncmm
05-30-2005, 07:53 PM
Thanks MM03MOK :)
I think I did it right!

Agent M79
07-15-2005, 04:28 AM
I was planning on re-uploading the photos I wanted in my gallery along with some new ones after everything got cleaned up. I really wasn't wanting to sift throught 4000+ photos for the few I had.

Any idea when the photo counts on member posts will be corrected and when/if the 'recovered' photos will be flushed?