PDA

View Full Version : Alternative and Diablosport

STLR FN
05-01-2005, 09:36 PM
Lidio,
Do you deal with tuning the Predator? I didn't notice on your site. The reason I ask is that I like the DTC retrieval display on it and I have a '98 F150 that likes to throw codes every now and then. The Predator gives me the best of both worlds; a performance tune for the Marauder and code retieval for my truck.

Lidio
05-02-2005, 08:51 PM
Lidio,
Do you deal with tuning the Predator? I didn't notice on your site. The reason I ask is that I like the DTC retrieval display on it and I have a '98 F150 that likes to throw codes every now and then. The Predator gives me the best of both worlds; a performance tune for the Marauder and code retieval for my truck.

Once I like some thing I tend to stubbornly stay with that one thing. When it comes to tuning software and hardware, once I get rooted in with some one or something, that’s it… I only use one. Even though for the most part they do the same thing, there are many differences in lots of other areas I wont go into detail about.

SCT has worked out very well for over a year now for us. They have great hardware, great software, up to date new car support, and above all the best tech support I’ve ever seen. As a result I don’t work with any other custom tuning product at this time. I know this makes it difficult for any who’s purchased tunes from some one other then SCT and wants to some how work with me. Staying focused with one product in this area I believe keeps me a couple of steps ahead of others and allowed me to excel further ahead with out distraction.

Thanks

STLR FN
05-02-2005, 10:51 PM
Ok Lidio I understand. Does SCT have something similar to the SCT 9100 now that they don't make that anymore? Meaning something that will read and display codes. Either way I would like to have your tune in my Marauder. Worst case scenerio... I could buy an Actron code scanner.

torinodan
05-02-2005, 11:32 PM
Ok Lidio I understand. Does SCT have something similar to the SCT 9100 now that they don't make that anymore? Meaning something that will read and display codes. Either way I would like to have your tune in my Marauder. Worst case scenerio... I could buy an Actron code scanner.
If you need somethng just to read, display, and clear codes you could go with one of the "Driveright carchips" from Auto Zone. I have the Carchip FX and can everything but tune. For a small price it's an easy way to see whats going on and reset the check engine light if something is done that upsets your ride.

Lidio
05-03-2005, 04:31 AM

The Xcal-2 will be out from SCT very soon. It will be able to of course flash tune your Ford's like the Xcal-1 and pull codes, plus data log. Its looking very good on paper so far, I've yet to use one though.

Thanks

STLR FN
05-03-2005, 06:24 AM
The Xcal-2 will be out from SCT very soon. It will be able to of course flash tune your Ford's like the Xcal-1 and pull codes, plus data log. Its looking very good on paper so far, I've yet to use one though.

Thanks
Yea I have heard of Xcal-2 but have also yet to see one. And I have heard of Drive Right. Seen it at Sears of all places, even have their website bookmarked.

Thanks for the help Lidio, look forward to seeing you in the future for some tuning.

QWK SVT
05-03-2005, 04:55 PM

Thanks
Lidio, can the Xcal2 datalog on another Ford, after being VIN locked? IOW, can I get an Xcal2 programmed for the Maraduer, but also use it to datalog with the Lightning?

Either way, I've been waiting for this product, for quite some time...

Lidio
05-03-2005, 07:52 PM
Lidio, can the Xcal2 datalog on another Ford, after being VIN locked? IOW, can I get an Xcal2 programmed for the Maraduer, but also use it to datalog with the Lightning?

I believe it will be able to do that. I'm supposed to get a few of the first batch next week.

STLR FN
05-03-2005, 10:31 PM

If it's going along the lines of the Predator, then yes it will be able to datalog another vehicle after being VIN locked. My buddies Predator is VIN locked to his '03 Cobra and we were able to datalog my F-150 with it to see what was going on when I had some issues.