PDA

View Full Version : How do I put the jack away?

Mad1
02-27-2003, 06:30 AM
Don't laugh guys.

After I got my MM back from the body shop, I noticed that the sack with the jack was now sitting loose in my trunk. I'm assuming it goes somewhere under or on the full-size spare, but I hadn't bothered to look at that specificially before.

Anyone know for sure? (I read the manual, but no help there.)

Also, gotta love the body shop. They left that jack just sitting on the shelf, where I'm glad I noticed it before it fell and crushed my RC plane.

Thanks in advance.
Mad1

03 Merc
02-27-2003, 09:39 AM
The jack in my MM is stowed on the righthand side of the spare against the hinge sheet metal just laying on the shelf... It is not tied down but it won't move without a serious tug...

LincMercLover
02-27-2003, 12:04 PM
If you pull the spare, there should be a whole sheet dedicated to the spare tire/jack placement/use.

CRUZTAKER
02-27-2003, 03:01 PM
We all saw your damage, wonder why they took the jack out?

If it were me, I'd take it back and make them show ME where it belongs.
I actually know, removed the spare while in town, less weight, if I did get a flat, they can flat bed the damn thing to the dealer. Gotta love that warranty.

DougKing77
03-05-2003, 10:22 PM
underneath the mini-spare towards the back seat, parallel to it. With the jack underneath it, the spare is basically "tilted" towards the towards the trunk opening. If you don't put the jack underneath the tire, it will be loose when the wing nut is tightened.

Murader03
03-06-2003, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by DougKing77
underneath the mini-spare towards the back seat, parallel to it. With the jack underneath it, the spare is basically "tilted" towards the towards the trunk opening. If you don't put the jack underneath the tire, it will be loose when the wing nut is tightened.

Did he say mini-spare? Oh! That's a 300B with TC. Okay! I'll leave him alone now! Pardon me, I'd use some smilies here, but can't get the darn thinsg to work with my laptop, So Doug..... this is all said in fun and jest......