PDA

View Full Version : Clay Bar Vs Liquid Clay ?.

the_pack_rat
05-02-2005, 01:50 PM
Saw a link to this place in another thread :

http://detailking.goemerchant1.com/index.cgi?Merchant=detailking&Cartid=23721114959177&ExpandedDepts=

Was browsing around & stumbled upon something I never even knew existed ...

Liquid versions of clay so to speak(last 2 on page) :

http://detailking.goemerchant1.com/index.cgi?PageToView=catalog&Department=140194&Cartid=23721114959177&Merchant=detailking&ExpandedDepts=

Anyone have any experience with any type of liquid clay(s) ?.

Sactown
05-03-2005, 07:53 AM
Never used liquid clay but I think it would work like a rubbing or polishing compound. I've used Zaino clay bar and I love the way it removes junk from the paint without scratching. Never had similar results using any abrasive compounds and I've tried many. Seems to me like the advantage of the clay bar is the texture which is missing in a liquid form.

jbr927
05-03-2005, 05:47 PM
My father in law does restore work and swears by the Diamondite Speed Clay. We use it on all of our cars. I have also used the clay bar from Zaino. I would definitely recommend the Diamondite. It is very scary at first to be using the "sponge" that comes with it, but I can attest that we have had NO damage or marks because of it. Keep plenty of clean towels - I've gone through 4 on the MM and 6 on the SUV's.

We had some obvious scratches on an Explorer due for turn in on a lease. This product and Zaino made it really tough to see them, unless you knew where they were before.

Hope this helps...

J

jbr927
05-03-2005, 05:53 PM
Sorry - I should mention the product is not abrasive or at all like a rubbing compound. It looks like aerosol whipped cream. However the sponge is very course and stiff. I know this would make anyone cringe at the idea of rubbing your car, boat, bike with, but I swear - if you follow the directions you will be very pleased with the results. However, if you are one to do things first, and then read directions - I have no idea what could happen.

Jacki