PDA

View Full Version : Los Angeles meet - June 4th - LACR 1/4 miles.

Directedby
05-03-2005, 12:17 AM
Anybody interested in meeting at Los Angeles County Raceway, June 4th, Saturday Night to get 1/4 mile times?

http://www.lacr.net/year.html

ParkRanger
05-03-2005, 09:09 AM
Anybody interested in meeting at Los Angeles County Raceway, June 4th, Saturday Night to get 1/4 mile times?

http://www.lacr.net/year.html

Sounds good, Paul. It will be interesting to see time increases from your new mods. Count me in. :banana2:

PR :burnout:

RocketCouch
05-03-2005, 06:32 PM
I'll do my best to be there!

Hopefully with some new mods :)

NAVCHAP
05-03-2005, 07:45 PM
Would love to make it but I have to work early on Sunday mornings. It's a touch ride back to San Diego on the weekends with all the traffic. Thanks for the offer, will try to work something out as it gets closer. -kjs-

kartherma
05-03-2005, 08:38 PM
Just supposing for a moment that the good old ship is in port, I think I can make it. I would be very interested in seeing how this little lady performs...of those of us who think we can make it, anyone know how to drive the car down the strip for "quality" times for me?

kartherma
05-28-2005, 12:59 PM
Hey guys, just checkin if this is still an item of interest???

I can make it saturday night, but it is a bit of a drive up for me so I'd like a little confirmation?

thanks, curt

Directedby
05-28-2005, 01:17 PM
I plan on going if we have a few more.

Rocketcouch? Park Ranger? James Hecker? NBC Shooter?

Come on folks...

kartherma
05-28-2005, 01:46 PM
OK, looks good to me...

I'll email one of the girlfriends and see if she wants to head up with me... unless any of your lady friends have sisters:pimp: . Any good ideas of local (near-by) hotels? I'll need to stay friday and saturday night.

thanks, curt

Directedby
05-28-2005, 01:59 PM
OK, looks good to me...

I'll email one of the girlfriends and see if she wants to head up with me... unless any of your lady friends have sisters:pimp: . Any good ideas of local (near-by) hotels? I'll need to stay friday and saturday night.

thanks, curt

LACR is located in the boonies - Palmdale. Not a great place to stay. Maybe you should stay in Valencia - 20 minutes away.

Anyhow, here is the link to LACR. They have a few hotels there.

http://www.lacr.net/index.html

I plan on only showing up for a few hours.

JamesHecker
05-28-2005, 11:45 PM
Sounds like fun. I'll see if I can work it out to be there!

Directedby
05-29-2005, 12:07 AM
Sounds like fun. I'll see if I can work it out to be there!

Very Cool.

RocketCouch
05-30-2005, 10:28 AM
I might be able to make it. Not sure yet.

Directedby
05-30-2005, 10:30 AM
I might be able to make it. Not sure yet.

Come on, you know you want to go. You know you're a speed demon addicted to the rush of beating the clock.

RocketCouch
05-30-2005, 10:39 AM
LOL, I know, but the new job at a speed shop might tell me otherwise...

I just installed adjustable drag shocks yesterday, I'm itching to try them out. :burnout:

Directedby
06-01-2005, 03:08 PM
LACR opens at 5PM and closes at 10 PM.

I plan on getting there at about 6PM.

Anybody else?

NAVCHAP, maybe you can drive up and leave at 7PM - be back in SD by 10PM.

NAVCHAP
06-01-2005, 04:27 PM
Directedby: Please accept my regrets. There is a big car show in SD on Saturday. Another navchap and I are participating. I can't get to both events. Still want to get together with you, NBC Shooter, Deanna, Rocket Couch, Mercutio, and the folks who were at the "Jerry tune" here last fall. May try to do a mini meet at the ship, with a tour and a meal, etc. Regards, -kjs-

ParkRanger
06-01-2005, 04:33 PM
LACR opens at 5PM and closes at 10 PM.

I plan on getting there at about 6PM.

Anybody else?

NAVCHAP, maybe you can drive up and leave at 7PM - be back in SD by 10PM.

I'll try to make it Paul - but I owe my wife one and she may want to collect this Saturday. :confused: I'll try.

PR :burnout:

torinodan
06-02-2005, 10:36 AM
I really want to go, but I'll have to find a place to put myself up for the night becasue I'm going to the Pomona swap meet on Sunday. Thats a lot of back and forth driveing for me in two days from Camp Pendleton. Any takers for a Jar Head that needs a place to stayin that area?:rolleyes:

RocketCouch
06-02-2005, 09:46 PM
I'll be there...

Directedby
06-03-2005, 12:46 AM
I'll be there...

Awesome. See you there.

torinodan
06-03-2005, 10:00 PM
So who else is going? I know at least 3 of us now.

torinodan
06-04-2005, 11:54 PM
Well, do we have some stories. Had a real good time, and I'll let everyone tell the funnies as they happened, or not. Thanks Kartherma, Directedby, Rocketcouch. Right now it's sleepy time.

RocketCouch
06-05-2005, 12:27 AM
Car ran worse today with the drag shocks, but that was expected. The car actually transfers weight. Problem is, the tires are crap.

Also figured out why it's so slow... Its shifting into overdrive and I have no way to turn it off! Tried launching in what I thought was drive w/o overdrive. Turned out it was 3rd. That made for an interesting pass.

Need a tune, re-do belt routing, 28" tall tires, a helmet and we'll head back out there again hopefully deep in the 12's.

Amen to sleepy time, I'm out!

torinodan
06-05-2005, 10:51 AM
Last time I ran on a track was back in 97 I think so It wasn't too bad. Yeah, my reaction time SUCKED!! Something about a .588. Also being a 70 Mustang fastback that shook the world next to me so I was watching him more than the tree. It wasn't easy to get down the 60 foot like I wanted because I forgot all about 04's having tracktion control.:rolleyes: Nothing will slow you down more than that. Couldn't turn it off in time so I rode that one out. Best and only time I got in Kartherma's stock Marauder was a 15.8. I didn't run my car because the back tires have issues and I didn't want to run my chip. Oh, I called and told the wife and she asked why I didn't run our car:confused: ......to think, I was more worried about her getting after me than anything else. Maybe next time.

kartherma
06-06-2005, 08:04 AM
WOW!!!

Thanks guys for having the get together at LACR! Dan(TORINODAN) really helped me out alot. I came up from San Diego and met up with Dan in Irvine. We chased all the way up to Palmdale from there. I have always been a traffic weary kind of guy, so we got up there at least an hour early.

Eventually it got started and what a blast! Dan talked me through the runs and I got up there and...well...I forgot to turn off the TC!!! It was fairly bright and I keep the steering wheel down so I can't see the TC lights flashing.

On the second run, Dan got in the car and went down the track with me. He really helped me out with the runs. I had been asking him to run it for me, but I think he was worried about his wife so much he wouldnt get behind the wheel.

Soon enough DirectedBy showed up. Paul that engine compartment really looks sweet! His first pass was a good bit faster than any of the passes I made but he was not happy with it. A few more runs and I think his times were a bit closer to what he was looking for.

RocketCouch came in and that car represents exactly what his handle says.

All in all it was a blast! Dan finally got in the car and ran it down the track for me. His RT was still faster than any of mine were, and I know what he is saying about watching the other car...

At one point they lined me up with what I think looked a bit like a roadrunner. It was purple and the gal driving it was ALL BUSINESS. I was dazed sitting next to it in the staging lanes. When the tree hit she left so fast I thought she red lighted...then the cell phone rang and it was Dan telling me to GO!!
OH yeah! That's right...I was supposed to hit the gas at green too!

She wound up turning an 8.xx ET while my RT was 1.1!!!

If any of you out there have never been, look for your local tracks sporting the test and tune days and get out there!

Oh yeah, and for those who want to know...My stock MM with a JLT air kit and fuzzy dice gave us the following over 7 runs that day:

AVG MPH was right at 90 with a high of 91.1
AVG ET was close to 15.9 with a low of 15.77
My AVE RT??? hehe um, .8?
haha, I had no clue what I was doing, but I had a blast and DirectedBy and TorinoDan talking me through alot of it.

THANKS GUYS!!!

NAVCHAP
06-06-2005, 04:37 PM
Gents: Regrets about not being there, the car show was excellent. Kart, it was nice talking with you Sunday. Hopefully I'll get there next time. -kjs-

Directedby
06-06-2005, 04:51 PM
Dan -

Your 15.8 is really a 15.3. LACR is 2,000 Ft above sea level, so you multiply your time by .97.

My day at the track sucked except for the good company.

My 1/4 mile times were the same as before I installed DR Cobra Manifolds, 3000 PI, PHP intake spacer and Steeda UD Pullies.

Seems like my tune was wayyyyy off. SCT recomended So Cal Tuning in Anaheim, so they are going to do the Dyno and tune - Sean there.

Lastly, i went to my car to get my flashlight out fo the trunk and my keys fell IN THE TRUNK. I have a really good after market alarm (which was set) so the door codes just made the alarm go off. So after 1.5 hours AAA showed up and got me into the car. SHEEEESH.

Anyway, I did have fun and want to thank the folks who showed up.

Paul

Best time was 14.8 on the clock (at .97 - real 1/4/ mile time 14.3 with a 2.060 60' time).

torinodan
06-06-2005, 06:05 PM
I would think the .97 would have all ready been figured in......but I'll take a 15.3 anyday! When are going to So Cal tuning? Let me know who it goes with you. When is the next test and burn your tires off tune? Don't answer that, I guess I can go look it up.

kartherma
06-07-2005, 12:42 AM
I would think the .97 would have all ready been figured in......but I'll take a 15.3 anyday! When are going to So Cal tuning? Let me know who it goes with you. When is the next test and burn your tires off tune? Don't answer that, I guess I can go look it up.
Paul and Dan, if the ship is in port and I am stayin local, I am in for a tune day at So Cal tuning... Paul, let me know and if all is good with the sched I would LOVE to come up and support (and maybe get some lovin on the MM myself)

I was worried about your windows, I am very glad to hear that you got in without having to break one!!!

My lady fried Joy took some pic's with her phone camera and sent them to me. All are centered around the silver MM, but some have Dan in them with me in the staging lines. (dan was educating the dummy on the first run). If anyone wants one, I will see what I can do to get them out.

Also, that sub 9 second car I thought looked like a road runner is in one of the pic's. It is a bit embarrsing as it is like a gazillion feet down the track and I am still at the staging line.

But I had fun, and Dan and Paul made it that much better.

be good!
curt