PDA

View Full Version : Vortech Air To Air kit is complete

Dennis Reinhart
05-04-2005, 11:40 AM
Just like fine wine that grows with time, so does hard work and patience. I want to thank Kelley for being patient with me on his car. We have rebuilt the transmission, added a PI 3000 stall, along with his Kooks and 4.10 gears.

We installed the Vortech Air to Air kit. This is a turn key kit, with no add on's, nothing else is needed - just bolt and play. It comes with a new SCT Xcalibrator with built in data logger, 42 pound injectors, a SCT B2400 MAF and adapter, a K&N air cleaner, a custom air box, a special PCV system, a relocated coolant reservoir, all the hoses and clamps, an external IAT and harness, the MAF that is good for over 500 RWHP. I use only the twin Cobra fuel pump assembly and a huge speearco air to air heat exchanger. We used a special designed inlet pipe which is 4" - the same size as an Anderson Ford Power pipe. The pipe has the bypass inlet tube angled down the pipe to keep from back washing the MAF, the rest of the pipes are 3".

I want to thank Tracy from Speed Fab for all the hard work he put in this. He is the best welder I have ever seen. He designed the airbox as well. It has riv nuts installed with stainless steel Allen heads. He hand made all the pipes and welded them. We sent the pipes and air box out to John at J&D coatings and had the pipes Jet coated silver and the Air box jet coated black. We installed inlet and outlet Air charge sensors just before and after the air to air cooler, I will monitor and map this when we get the car on the dyno.

We used stock bolt holes to mount the after cooler and the stock air dam went right in place which will add for air flow at lower speeds as well as much increased air flow at sub light speeds haha.

We will get the car on the dyno later on this week, and I will post the data log and dyno sheets. The car is capable of making well over 450 RWHP. I am a firm believer of keeping it safe so I will settle for just under 450 RWHP. You have to consider 450 RWHP is 540 HP to the flywheel, but this kit, with a simple pulley changed, the boost can be changed real quick.

Click on picture below for a slide show.

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/gallery/data/524/medium/TOPENGINELF.jpg (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/gallery/slideshow.php?photo=5752&slideshow=1&sort=1&cat=524&slidedelay=8)

tmac1337
05-04-2005, 11:51 AM
Looks like a complete copy the Procharger Kit, nice work!

MarauderMark
05-04-2005, 11:52 AM
Just like fine wine that grows with time, so does hard work and patience. I want to thank Kelley for being patient with me on his car. We have rebuilt the transmission, added a PI 3000 stall, along with his Kooks and 4.10 gears.

We installed the Vortech Air to Air kit. This is a turn key kit, with no add on's, nothing else is needed - just bolt and play. It comes with a new SCT Xcalibrator with built in data logger, 42 pound injectors, a SCT B2400 MAF and adapter, a K&N air cleaner, a custom air box, a special PCV system, a relocated coolant reservoir, all the hoses and clamps, an external IAT and harness, the MAF that is good for over 500 RWHP. I use only the twin Cobra fuel pump assembly and a huge speearco air to air heat exchanger. We used a special designed inlet pipe which is 4" - the same size as an Anderson Ford Power pipe. The pipe has the bypass inlet tube angled down the pipe to keep from back washing the MAF, the rest of the pipes are 3".

I want to thank Tracy from Speed Fab for all the hard work he put in this. He is the best welder I have ever seen. He designed the airbox as well. It has riv nuts installed with stainless steel Allen heads. He hand made all the pipes and welded them. We sent the pipes and air box out to John at J&D coatings and had the pipes Jet coated silver and the Air box jet coated black. We installed inlet and outlet Air charge sensors just before and after the air to air cooler, I will monitor and map this when we get the car on the dyno.

We used stock bolt holes to mount the after cooler and the stock air dam went right in place which will add for air flow at lower speeds as well as much increased air flow at sub light speeds haha.

We will get the car on the dyno later on this week, and I will post the data log and dyno sheets. The car is capable of making well over 450 RWHP. I am a firm believer of keeping it safe so I will settle for just under 450 RWHP. You have to consider 450 RWHP is 540 HP to the flywheel, but this kit, with a simple pulley changed, the boost can be changed real quick. I will set this up as a slide show later on today.

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/gallery/data/524/medium/TOPENGINELF.jpg

Another bada$$ Marauder on the streets of america.:up:Wtg Dennis

tmac1337
05-04-2005, 11:55 AM
Congratulations, obviously a lot of time and effort was spent developing this kit.

FordNut
05-04-2005, 12:09 PM

If there is any Justice Procharger Corp. will sue you!
How could we tell, Greg refused to post any detailed pics of the tubing routing underneath. And the intercooler is mounted in a sensible location instead of the stupid snowplow configuration.

tmac1337
05-04-2005, 12:14 PM
How could we tell, Greg refused to post any detailed pics of the tubing routing underneath. And the intercooler is mounted in a sensible location instead of the stupid snowplow configuration.

How could you tell, I will tell you, I found DR in my car at SCT the day I went to pick it up. And this story is not even negative commentary, but fact.

klmore
05-04-2005, 12:25 PM
How could you tell, I will tell you, I found DR in my car at SCT the day I went to pick it up. And this story is not even negative commentary, but fact. What ever happened in your car is non of my concern, but take it out in person or via PM.

I find it amazing that people can't keep the BS down to a minimum. We can't have an supercharger thread without some little girls getting their panties in a wad.

Other than looking similar from a top view the Vortech kit is different in many ways. I like all of the Marauder supercharger kits and considered others before Dennis did his project on my car. It's a nice kit and a great deal of work went into this project.

Let the games begin.
:flamer:

tmac1337
05-04-2005, 12:31 PM
I find it amazing that people can't keep the BS down to a minimum. We can't have an supercharger thread without some little girls getting their panties in a wad.

Other than looking similar from a top view the Vortech kit is different in many ways.

Let the game begin.
:flamer:

Yeah, right, I guess he forgot to tell you about him being up at SCT and scutinizing my car, including taking it out for a spin, as I observed him coming back when I got there. I would have posted all about it but it would have been deleted here. Whatever!

As far as my panties, I see you have his kit number one so....

This will get deleted so I guess it will not matter. A lot of people know the story so he and you can say what you want. I am not even negatively saying anything, but FACT!

MM03MOK
05-04-2005, 12:42 PM
Yeah, right, I guess he forgot to tell you about him being up at SCT and scutinizing my car, including taking it out for a spin, as I observed him coming back when I got there. I would have posted all about it but it would have been deleted here. Whatever!Who took it for a spin? How about the whole story, Tim.

This will get deleted so I guess it will not matter. A lot of people know the story so he and you can say what you want. No, it won't get deleted. I see you've changed you post a couple of times, captured by others.

I also do recall Dennis helping Greg in the beginning so why wouldn't there be similarities. While the partnership faded away, that is no excuse for legal accusations that are unfounded.

Both Greg and Dennis can be proud of what they've done. Can't we all leave it at that?

OK - back on topic, please!

MMM2003
05-04-2005, 12:49 PM
Here we go again :rolleyes:

I have not seen either S/C setup in person, only picture on this website. But I would think that if you take the same car, and try to fit similar superchargers under the hood, you will end up with similar setups.

I just don't think that Dennis would wait, to look at someone else's setup and than copy it. I'm sure he has seen and build tons of very similar S/C setups. Any smiliarity is probably due to them being identical cars and similar S/C concepts.

I remember Dennis talking about wanting to develop an Air-to-Air kit. He probably started this long before he saw your car.

Again, you have your opinion, I have mine. I have learned a long time ago that you won't be convincing anyone of your opinion on a discussion board. I'm not trying to change your opinion, just adding my $0.02.
Hope you can see some of my points I'm trying to make.

Thanks,

Peter aka MMM2003

MERCMAN
05-04-2005, 12:57 PM
Yeah, right, I guess he forgot to tell you about him being up at SCT and scutinizing my car, including taking it out for a spin, as I observed him coming back when I got there. I would have posted all about it but it would have been deleted here. Whatever!

As far as my panties, I see you have his kit number one so....

This will get deleted so I guess it will not matter. A lot of people know the story so he and you can say what you want. I am not even negatively saying anything, but FACT!

I am not going to delete it either,, HOWEVER<< I am going to delete you. I get tired of getting bad post reports on just about any thread you care to reply to. I hoped your little vacation would have helped you "get your mind right". Plead your case to Logan if you like,,but until the time that he shows mercy on you, you are personna-non-grata.

SEE-YA

FordNut
05-04-2005, 01:00 PM

We will get the car on the dyno later on this week, and I will post the data log and dyno sheets. The car is capable of making well over 450 RWHP. I am a firm believer of keeping it safe so I will settle for just under 450 RWHP. You have to consider 450 RWHP is 540 HP to the flywheel, but this kit, with a simple pulley changed, the boost can be changed real quick.

Click on picture below for a slide show.

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/gallery/data/524/medium/TOPENGINELF.jpg (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/gallery/slideshow.php?photo=5752&slideshow=1&sort=1&cat=524&slidedelay=8)
Looks good Dennis. I like the way the pipes hug the frame when they go around the radiator support. That lets me know about how much clearance I have when positioning other things in the fenderwell. Anxious to see the power and temp data.

SlowMarauder
05-04-2005, 01:10 PM
Both kits look nice, there is no need for any negative comments about either of the kits. I would personally like to see a sc thread without Tmac's comments. I think we are all growing tired of it.

jstevens
05-04-2005, 01:18 PM
Who cares if someone copied someone.

Thats called competition.

WhoMe
05-04-2005, 01:24 PM
It's a consipiracy :) Actually I've refrained from commenting on anything to do with TMAC's car and us because the kit was under development. I did take Dennis out to lunch in Tim's car because it was parked in back and I needed to drive it on the street anyway. It never even occured to me that anyone would care. I was wrong, and should not have taken Dennis to lunch in Tim's car ....

David
SCT

SlowMarauder
05-04-2005, 01:26 PM
From my understanding, Greg and Dennis were going into business together. Dennis sent Greg a kit and then Greg decided there was not enough profit in the kit for both parties and decided to make his own kit which happens to look exactly like Dennis' kit minus the good intercooler. Just my two cents. None the less, both kits are good.

Tallboy
05-04-2005, 01:51 PM
From my understanding, Dennis sent Greg a kit and then Greg decided there was not enough profit in the kit for both parties and decided to make his own kit which happens to look exactly like Dennis' kit minus the good intercooler.You could not be more wrong.

You could try, but you would not be successful.

Captain Steve
05-04-2005, 01:59 PM
Geez, it's a centrifigal blower with an air-to-air intercooler on a Mercury Marauder. It'd be amazing if they DIDN'T look nearly identical.

TooManyFords
05-04-2005, 02:00 PM
It's a consipiracy :) Actually I've refrained from commenting on anything to do with TMAC's car and us because the kit was under development. I did take Dennis out to lunch in Tim's car because it was parked in back and I needed to drive it on the street anyway. It never even occured to me that anyone would care. I was wrong, and should not have taken Dennis to lunch in Tim's car ....

Yes, it does sound like an honest mistake was made. Did you also let Dennis drive the car? If so, it sounds like TMAC had a legitimate beef about "how it all went down" and Dennis should never have accepted such an offer. If he did not drive the car, then we have a problem as TMAC says he saw Dennis driving his car. I just can't see him making that part up. I found his restraint on the forums about it commendable and was asked what happened, and then WHAM, banned. :( So now we are left with only one side of the story.

From my perspective it looks like we have a moderator that is "button happy".

... carry on ...

TooManyFords
05-04-2005, 02:01 PM
Oh, and Dennis, the kit looks nice!

John

Bradley G
05-04-2005, 02:03 PM
That is a fantastic looking Kit!

Congradulations to all that contributed to bring it together.
Kelly, I know from our correspondence you were really exceited to have your car completed,I made an off hand comment about "worth waiting for".
From the looks of this, I was Right!:D
Enjoy it my friend!
Go easy on the two doors, that get in your way!:burnout:
Bradley G

Captain Steve
05-04-2005, 02:16 PM

Click on tmac's name, then check out his last 50 posts or so. If he's not stroking himself while talking about procharger and diablo, then he's bashing on somebody else while trying to make it look like he's asking a legit question.

The whole "bashing with a seemingly innoculous question" thing works once or twice.. when it's all you post, people kinda get the hint.

martyo
05-04-2005, 02:17 PM
innoculous

What does that mean?

martyo
05-04-2005, 02:18 PM
What does that mean?

And, Steve, I am just breaking your balls! I am only teasing ya!! :D :D

MARAUDER S/C #5
05-04-2005, 02:26 PM
:popcorn: I'll take extra butter on mine please...........:lol: :gunfire: :wflag:

Marauder2005
05-04-2005, 02:28 PM
VERY Nice job Dennis so clean as well, Good luck the that fast

s.o.b

(BTW people should feel lucky they have ANY blower in the first
place, Grow up! there all nice)

MERCMAN
05-04-2005, 02:37 PM
Originally Posted by TooManyFords

Nah, not button happy, just tired of the posts that do nothing but bait and inflame. He has been warned REPEATEDLY and chose to keep it up. Life is all about choices, whether it is a S/C or paper or plastic. :)

LordVader
05-04-2005, 02:39 PM
:argue: Sometimes I just want to say "can't we all just get along?" I haven't been on this site long enough or met any of you personally, but I do feel the pain that goes with some of the "rants". You guys are like family to me and I know sometime we agree to disagree, but in the end its all about the love of the automobile. When I upgrade (and someday I will), it will be because all of you guys and things you have done with your cars in the name of science. So thanks from one of the unmodded!

SergntMac
05-04-2005, 02:58 PM
Nice job, Dennis, congrats!

Dennis Reinhart was building custom race cars long before any of us heard about the Marauder. Since then, he's been tireless in developing one mod after another for the car. Some have been brand new ideas, others have been tried and true concepts older than many of our members here. The idea that he "copied" anything from anyone seems impossible to me.

I have the first Kenny Brown/Vortech build under my hood, Zack has the Reinhart water to air kit under his. If not for Kenny's signature, the Turbo XS blow off valve, Kenny's own carbon fiber bellows, and choice of MAF location, the cars are identical under the hood, right down to the hose clamps.

We're dealing with the same car, same engine, same engine bay. Centrifugal blowers look alike, so do Roots. So much alike that In most cases, you need to read the tag to be sure. If Dennis copied the ProCharger kit, then Jerry Barnes copied the S55 concept car. If Dennis copied anything, it was an idea to release an air-to-air Vortech kit offering us supercharging with a lower investment, but the truth is he considered this option over two years ago, and decided to develop his water-to-air kit instead.

Dennis is a smart business man providing his customers what they asked for. Some folks prefer Vortech over ProCharger, over Paxton, and vice-versa. If they desire an air-to-air kit, they deserve a choice in blowers, and any one of them would look like the picture ^ there.

I think someone owes Dennis an apology, and if one Mac can't do it, this Mac. can.

Sorry Dennis, please keep up the good work. The car may be discontinued, but our enthusiasm continues on.

Tallboy
05-04-2005, 03:24 PM
This could go on forever. The problem here is, as usual, people think they know what happened. And, while many members here are knowledgeable about many things, many are way off base on this particular subject.

I know you think [or like to think] you know what happened.

You don't.

Logan
05-04-2005, 03:39 PM
tmac has been removed from the site. Why does that surprise anyone? Start intruding on my personal time to clean up after crap YOU start on this site, guess what? I don't tolerate it for very long.

Tmac had an agenda, pretty damn clear. Why he didn't think I was serious when he was asked to stop, and the warned AGAIN to give it a rest or he'd be removed, I've no idea. Not my problem.

I'm done dealing with him. As for your assertions Tallboy, Whatever, it doesn't matter. I've heard from both Greg and Dennis and they both told me the exact same thing with a different slant on it. I personally don't care, why should you?

So I'll put this out there one last time, don't waste your time posting crap you know I'm just going to delete, along with your damn account.

Don't both emailing me on the subject, unless you want your account closed and your emails to start bouncing.

Apologies to Dennis for the intrusion on his thread.