PDA

View Full Version : Vortech Air To Air kit is complete - Restarted Thread.

Dennis Reinhart
05-04-2005, 11:40 AM
Just like fine wine that grows with time, so does hard work and patience. I want to thank Kelley for being patient with me on his car. We have rebuilt the transmission, added a PI 3000 stall, along with his Kooks and 4.10 gears.

We installed the Vortech Air to Air kit. This is a turn key kit, with no add on's, nothing else is needed - just bolt and play. It comes with a new SCT Xcalibrator with built in data logger, 42 pound injectors, a SCT B2400 MAF and adapter, a K&N air cleaner, a custom air box, a special PCV system, a relocated coolant reservoir, all the hoses and clamps, an external IAT and harness, the MAF that is good for over 500 RWHP. I use only the twin Cobra fuel pump assembly and a huge speearco air to air heat exchanger. We used a special designed inlet pipe which is 4" - the same size as an Anderson Ford Power pipe. The pipe has the bypass inlet tube angled down the pipe to keep from back washing the MAF, the rest of the pipes are 3".

I want to thank Tracy from Speed Fab for all the hard work he put in this. He is the best welder I have ever seen. He designed the airbox as well. It has riv nuts installed with stainless steel Allen heads. He hand made all the pipes and welded them. We sent the pipes and air box out to John at J&D coatings and had the pipes Jet coated silver and the Air box jet coated black. We installed inlet and outlet Air charge sensors just before and after the air to air cooler, I will monitor and map this when we get the car on the dyno.

We used stock bolt holes to mount the after cooler and the stock air dam went right in place which will add for air flow at lower speeds as well as much increased air flow at sub light speeds haha.

We will get the car on the dyno later on this week, and I will post the data log and dyno sheets. The car is capable of making well over 450 RWHP. I am a firm believer of keeping it safe so I will settle for just under 450 RWHP. You have to consider 450 RWHP is 540 HP to the flywheel, but this kit, with a simple pulley changed, the boost can be changed real quick.

Click on picture below for a slide show.

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/gallery/data/524/medium/TOPENGINELF.jpg (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/gallery/slideshow.php?photo=5752&slideshow=1&sort=1&cat=524&slidedelay=8)

WhoMe
05-04-2005, 01:24 PM
It's a consipiracy :) Actually I've refrained from commenting on anything to do with TMAC's car and us because the kit was under development. I did take Dennis out to lunch in Tim's car because it was parked in back and I needed to drive it on the street anyway. It never even occured to me that anyone would care. I was wrong, and should not have taken Dennis to lunch in Tim's car ....

David
SCT

TooManyFords
05-04-2005, 02:01 PM
Oh, and Dennis, the kit looks nice!

John

Bradley G
05-04-2005, 02:03 PM
That is a fantastic looking Kit!

Congradulations to all that contributed to bring it together.
Kelly, I know from our correspondence you were really exceited to have your car completed,I made an off hand comment about "worth waiting for".
From the looks of this, I was Right!:D
Enjoy it my friend!
Go easy on all the two doors, that get in your way!:burnout:
Bradley G

Marauder2005
05-04-2005, 02:28 PM
VERY Nice job Dennis so clean as well, Good luck the that fast

s.o.b

(BTW people should feel lucky they have ANY blower in the first
place, Grow up! there all nice)

SergntMac
05-04-2005, 02:58 PM
Nice job, Dennis, congrats!

Dennis Reinhart was building custom race cars long before any of us heard about the Marauder. Since then, he's been tireless in developing one mod after another for the car. Some have been brand new ideas, others have been tried and true concepts older than many of our members here. The idea that he "copied" anything from anyone seems impossible to me.

I have the first Kenny Brown/Vortech build under my hood, Zack has the Reinhart water to air kit under his. If not for Kenny's signature, the Turbo XS blow off valve, Kenny's own carbon fiber bellows, and choice of MAF location, the cars are identical under the hood, right down to the hose clamps.

We're dealing with the same car, same engine, same engine bay. Centrifugal blowers look alike, so do Roots. So much alike that In most cases, you need to read the tag to be sure. If Dennis copied the ProCharger kit, then Jerry Barnes copied the S55 concept car. If Dennis copied anything, it was an idea to release an air-to-air Vortech kit offering us supercharging with a lower investment, but the truth is he considered this option over two years ago, and decided to develop his water-to-air kit instead.

Dennis is a smart business man providing his customers what they asked for. Some folks prefer Vortech over ProCharger, over Paxton, and vice-versa. If they desire an air-to-air kit, they deserve a choice in blowers, and any one of them would look like the picture ^ there.

I think someone owes Dennis an apology, and if one Mac can't do it, this Mac. can.

Sorry Dennis, please keep up the good work. The car may be discontinued, but our enthusiasm continues on.

MarauderMark
05-04-2005, 04:11 PM
Another bad$$ Marauder on the streets of America.:up:

Directedby
05-04-2005, 04:58 PM
Dennis - looks great and can't wait to see numbers.

Paul

MikesMerc
05-04-2005, 05:02 PM
Looks good Dennis!

I hope I can say this without getting anyone worked up, but I think you made a much better choice on the location of the intercooler compared to the "other" air to air kit. The location you have chosen seems to be much safer. Smart move in my opinion.

glassman99
05-04-2005, 06:04 PM
Great job Dennis!! :bows: :bows: :bows: :bows: :bows: :bows: :bows:

I agree with Brian, the routing of the tubes is very professional. Looks better than factory. :beer:

I like the position of the a-a intercooler, is there an advantage to keeping it "natural"? If it were black, it would be stealthy. Do you have the ability to hook it into the outside "temp" tisplay on the a/c panel. (I thought at one time you did that and could change from outside ambiant to IAT with a three position switch).

I have pondered both systems (roots Vs centrifugal) and will go with the centrifugal (Vortex) setup when my time comes. I know the pros and cons on both and do not intend to begin another "who's better" match. As stated in many previous threads, what's better is in the mind of the beholder. BOTH systems are an advancement over the stock power and BOTH have been proven at the track. Can't wait to get mine 'charged!!

FordNut
05-04-2005, 06:07 PM
If it were black, it would be stealthy. !
That's what I plan to do, similar to my intake manifold, paint it with black thermal dispersant coating.

Cobra25
05-04-2005, 08:27 PM
It's a consipiracy :) Actually I've refrained from commenting on anything to do with TMAC's car and us because the kit was under development. I did take Dennis out to lunch in Tim's car because it was parked in back and I needed to drive it on the street anyway. It never even occured to me that anyone would care. I was wrong, and should not have taken Dennis to lunch in Tim's car ....

David
SCT I've also refrained from commenting David, First of all I want to thank you for being a man and steeping up to the plate and saying you were wrong, I respect that. You did make a mistake ,Greg was making air to air Procharger kit , Greg & Tim were trying to get a tune from you for that Kit in devoloment ,Dennis shouldn't of been in Tim's car . I'm not going to get into a S/C battle of which kit is best Greg's Kit or Dennis kit. I'm just not going to go their. I see this Tread was Restarted, Tim's comments were removed. And Tim was Booted off the site again. You can't blame the guy for being mad. I feel whole thing wouldn't be where it is today if you didn't make that mistake, it's done and we have to move on but instead maybe saying I'm sorry to Greg & Tim personality might be the best thing. Again thank you for you Honesty.

RoyLPita
05-05-2005, 03:52 AM
Lookin good there, Dennis. Keep up the good work.

Dennis Reinhart
05-05-2005, 06:26 AM
[QUOTE=glassman99]Great job Dennis!! :bows: :bows: :bows: :bows: :bows: :bows: :bows:

I agree with Brian, the routing of the tubes is very professional. Looks better than factory. :beer:

I like the position of the a-a intercooler, is there an advantage to keeping it "natural"? If it were black, it would be stealthy. Do you have the ability to hook it into the outside "temp" tisplay on the a/c panel. (I thought at one time you did that and could change from outside ambiant to IAT with a three position switch).QUOTE]

When I did the first water to air kit, I did place the AC OAT sensor in the discharge pipe and you could actually read IAT from the AC control panel, this is fine for summer driving, in the winter it will effect heat out put sense the AC is getting a much warmer air temp signal than what the out side air temp, is really is, once we have the car on the dyno I have the ability to monitor IAT before and after the cooler as well as boost, I will check the after cooler efficiency to make sure its doing what we want it to, if it does not you end up having to rape the timing which will reduce power so again, I will post all the data as soon as I get the car on the dyno, then we will have the pipes made in aluminum mandrill bend.

glassman99
05-05-2005, 09:54 AM
Thanks Dennis. I thought I remembered you doing that with the a/c gauge. If it won't work it won't work.

NAVCHAP
05-05-2005, 05:43 PM
Dennis, the #1 S/C MM get lots of compliments and appreciation from civilians and military members alike. At an "all makes/all years" show sponsored by the San Diego Pontiac and Oakland owners group, it was almost impossible for me to walk away from DR S/C #1.

A steady flow of admirers asking questions and complimenting the builder, as well as the awesome plaque with the Super Rod story mounted on it.

One guy was in a high rise hotel near the embarcadero where the show was held. He told me that he and his wife were looking out at the city and he said to her "that's the car from the magazine, I have to go down there and talk to the owner."

You can't make this kind of stuff up.

I was amazed. He was from the east coast on a trip to San Diego with his wife, and seeing the car made his day.

The two guys who have the most impressive classic Pontiacs in San Diego, and are regular "best of show" winners each spent over half an hour talking to me about the DR S/C #1.

I told them both how much their compliments meant to me and would mean to Mr. Reinhart. Particularly coming from the two guys I admire the most in the local Pontiac community. Equally amazing.

Regards, -kjs-

Speedfab
05-06-2005, 05:21 AM
I want to thank Tracy from Speed Fab for all the hard work he put in this.
Wow. After reading through this thread and seeing Dennis' very kind words regarding my abilities as well as my shop's work, I am simply overwhelmed and somewhat at a loss for words. I would just like to say thanks to Dennis for having the confidence in us to let us design and build his prototype components for this kit, and being patient while we strove to make it all as perfect as possible. We take tremendous pride in our work and to have it appreciated like this is the best reward of all to me. Dennis and I have discussed the potential for an air-to-air intercooled Marauder kit for the better part of 2 years now. It makes me very happy that I was finally able to help him with the realization of the finished product.

I hope the owner is as proud of his car as I was to work on it.

Tracy Grimm
Speedfab
www.tgfab.com (http://www.tgfab.com)

klmore
05-06-2005, 07:17 AM
I hope the owner is as proud of his car as I was to work on it.

Tracy Grimm
Speedfab
www.tgfab.com (http://www.tgfab.com)
I am very proud of the work done. You and Dennis did a great job.:D:burnout:

Bradley G
05-06-2005, 10:09 PM
Very nice work gentlemen!
Welcome Tracy!, Great 1st post:beer:

This kind of pride is not easy to come by,Be proud of your achievements!You guys earned it!:coolman:
Bradley G

jgc61sr2002
05-07-2005, 10:01 AM
Dennis - That is a work of art. Looks great. :up:

Tracy - Welcome to the MM site. As Dennnis stated " He is the best welder I have seen". I doesn't get any better than that. Congrats. :2thumbs:

Dennis Reinhart
05-10-2005, 06:50 PM
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/gallery/data/524/medium/TOPENGINELF.jpg

Here are the numbers for the Vortech Air to Air kit, I said from the very beginning I am sold on water to air but I wanted to see if I could offer a lower priced Supercharger Kit for the club, I will determine final pricing this week, as I said this is a complete turn key kit. No need for a better after cooler this one works perfect. Today It was about 75 Degrees in the dyno when I started by the time I was done it was 90 degrees.

I did ten passes on the dyno, on the final pass the AF was a perfect 11.5 straight across the board, the car made a SAE 448 RWHP and 373 RWT, on 9.5 pounds Boost.

http://web.iwebcenters.com/reinhartautomotive/images/session/00-00-1115774127-dyno-sheet.jpg

I had a small fan in front of the cooler. I monitored IAT at three different places, IAT IN, which is just in front of the cooler this is the pipe coming out of the S/C as you can see by the dyno number chart IAT at 6000 RPM was 161.9 Degrees. IAT OUT just after the cooler in the pipe leading to the throttle body that reading was 105.8 Degrees. Then IAT is also monitored by the Raptor dat logger this is the cars IAT sensor about 36" from the Throttle body, as you van see by the Data log the IAT being read by the cars computer was 98.0 Degrees.

http://web.iwebcenters.com/reinhartautomotive/images/session/00-00-1115774018-RAPTOR%20DATA%20%20LOG.jpg

So I am very pleased with this kit, below is the data from the six channel CDS I use. With this I can Map IAT in IAT out Boost in Boost out as well as MAF voltage, I am going to add the new Dynojet load capability to this dyno, here in the near future.

http://web.iwebcenters.com/reinhartautomotive/images/session/00-00-1115774186-IAT-DATA.jpg

http://www.marauder57.com/Reinhart%20SC%20Banner%201.gif

stevengerard
05-10-2005, 06:55 PM
Wow, great job Dennis!

klmore
05-10-2005, 07:33 PM
Wow, great job Dennis! I agree. I can't wait to do a big smokie burnout.:drool:

I may have to have Dennis video a burnout and post it up to support my habit. :)

glassman99
05-10-2005, 07:34 PM
Good numbers Dennis!! What are the advantages/disadvantages of your a-a Vs the a-w?

Dennis Reinhart
05-18-2005, 06:58 PM
Well the air to air is less money and its far easier to install, here is where I am at with the kit. All the pipes have been sent to my friend Scott in Atlanta, I am going to have the steel pipes duplicated in alluminum, then I will determine the finale price, I want the kit and the tuning perfect before I release it, we have Kelly to thank for allowing me the use of his car.

Phil @ FLP
05-19-2005, 09:34 AM
Are you using a S-trim blower? How thick is the blower bracket you are using? Any idea what the CFM rating or max HP rating of the intercooler is?

Dennis Reinhart
05-19-2005, 09:39 AM
Are you using a S-trim blower? How thick is the blower bracket you are using? Any idea what the CFM rating or max HP rating of the intercooler is?
WELL THIS KIT MADE 9 psi WITH A 3.61 puley and it made 444RWHP the IAT data is here. I am happy with that you want to drop the pulley size, go ahead not me on a stock motor. My Mustang with a S trim makes 17 PSI and almost 500 RWHP

Phil @ FLP
05-19-2005, 11:14 AM
WELL THIS KIT MADE 9 psi WITH A 3.61 puley and it made 444RWHP the IAT data is here. I am happy with that you want to drop the pulley size, go ahead not me on a stock motor. My Mustang with a S trim makes 17 PSI and almost 500 RWHPOh I wouldnt plan on doing it on a stock motor setup. I was just seeing how much of your setup would need to be upgraded down the road when I wanted to up the boost. I wouldnt even bother running a S trim above 10 psi I would just jump to a YSi blower, I wanted to see how thick your bracket was to see if a new one would need to be machined if it wasnt. I was also interested in the HP rating of the intercooler to see if it could handle 700 rwhp.

This would all be done a built motor, we have a spare Cobra motor sitting here at the shop im interested in doing a forged 5.0 setup. One of our owners here has 740 rwhp Impala SS with a supercharger and 6 speed manual, I want to see if I can run with him. :D

Shaft333
05-19-2005, 12:14 PM
What's the magnitude of the savings looking like? 10, 25, 50%?

Dennis Reinhart
06-08-2005, 11:18 AM

Here are the numbers for the Vortech Air to Air kit, I said from the very beginning I am sold on water to air but I wanted to see if I could offer a lower priced Supercharger Kit for the club, I will determine final pricing this week, as I said this is a complete turn key kit. No need for a better after cooler this one works perfect. Today It was about 75 Degrees in the dyno when I started by the time I was done it was 90 degrees.

I did ten passes on the dyno, on the final pass the AF was a perfect 11.5 straight across the board, the car made a SAE 448 RWHP and 373 RWT, on 9.5 pounds Boost.

http://web.iwebcenters.com/reinhartautomotive/images/session/00-00-1115774127-dyno-sheet.jpg

I had a small fan in front of the cooler. I monitored IAT at three different places, IAT IN, which is just in front of the cooler this is the pipe coming out of the S/C as you can see by the dyno number chart IAT at 6000 RPM was 161.9 Degrees. IAT OUT just after the cooler in the pipe leading to the throttle body that reading was 105.8 Degrees. Then IAT is also monitored by the Raptor dat logger this is the cars IAT sensor about 36" from the Throttle body, as you van see by the Data log the IAT being read by the cars computer was 98.0 Degrees.

http://web.iwebcenters.com/reinhartautomotive/images/session/00-00-1115774018-RAPTOR%20DATA%20%20LOG.jpg

So I am very pleased with this kit, below is the data from the six channel CDS I use. With this I can Map IAT in IAT out Boost in Boost out as well as MAF voltage, I am going to add the new Dynojet load capability to this dyno, here in the near future.

http://web.iwebcenters.com/reinhartautomotive/images/session/00-00-1115774186-IAT-DATA.jpg

http://www.marauder57.com/Reinhart%20SC%20Banner%201.gif We have been installing Superchargers on almost every Ford Lincoln Mercury product for over ten years,

http://www.marauder57.com/rp.html

I was the first person in the USA to ever custom design a supercharger for a Mark 8.

http://www.mustang50magazine.com/featuredvehicles/138_0301_rein/

We have the experience and resource to sell and manufacture custom superchargers, we have been selling the Vortech water to air kit for over two years and so has Kenny Brown this is proven safe technology, as long as you maintain a good boost level, adequate fuel delivery and good tuning.

In my opinion SCT is the best around. We were the first company in the USA to ever tune a Marauder, Logan got the first chip.
Here is the follow up on the Vortech air to air kit, all tubes were mandrill bent in Atlanta I used 4" for the inlet this is the same size as the proven Anderson Ford Power pipe, I used a spearco four core after cooler the largest you can fit in the marauder, its placed directly in the air flow area in the front grill, this is the only after cooler needed, there is absolutely no need for an added costs of a larger after cooler.
We use a polished Vortech S Trim, I use a SCT B2400 Mass Air flow sensor capable of sustaining 700 RWHP, the old 90 MM LM is good for 450 RWHP, all the other pipes are 3" our kit comes with the custom air box no additional cost is needed, this kit is on sale this month for 4895.00 I will tune any car for free if the kit is installed here, or I will send a base file safe enough to get the car dialed in on any dyno of your choice.
The kit comes with the New State of the art Xcal 2 with data logger it also includes the lap top cable for data logging, this kit is completely upgradeable for higher boost with a simple pulley change, the IAT data and cooler efficiency is documented here.

We take no chances on Fuel, included with every kit is a high volume twin Cobra fuel pump assembly, and 42 pound injectors, so if I can answer any questions please give us a call. All kits come with THREE YEAR WARRANTY

Dennis Reinhart
06-09-2005, 09:42 AM
Well we sold 2 kits this morning to a shop in Hawaii, I am also throwing in a Pro guard for both cars, and if they want me to come there to tune them I guess I could force my self, this is a great kit but I still like the water to air unit as well, I will post new pictures of Kellie car later this week.

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/gallery/data/524/FRONTCOOLER.jpg

klmore
06-13-2005, 10:07 AM
I will post new pictures of Kellie car later this week.
It is later this week. Actually it's a new week. Lets see some pics!:D :banana:

Dennis Reinhart
08-08-2005, 10:50 AM
Here is the pictures of the complete kit minus the head unit, I want to thank the five members that have waited patiently on this kit, its worth the wait, my kit has a huge after cooler on it with the inlet and outlet pipes at the bottom of the heat exchanger this eliminates the need for additional piping. You want to avoid 90 degree bends, my kit uses 4 complete pipes and a total of 14 clamps There is no upgrade kit needed for my kit, you get every thing, Cobra Injectors SCT B 2400 Maf with external IAT with harness twin high flow Cobra fuel pumps and assembly, custom water cross over pipe along with Motorcraft 22C spark plugs. SCT Xcal 2 with cable. And the custom air box with air cleaner. NO EXTRA CHARGE. So again thanks To Kelley for giving me his car, and thanks to the other members for patiently waiting on the kits. I also sold two more Friday:beer: :cool4: :beer:
http://web.iwebcenters.com/reinhartautomotive/images/session/00-00-1123522377-vorairairkit.jpg

MarauderMark
08-08-2005, 06:39 PM
Sure is a Sahweeeeet looking setup:up:Again Great work Dennis:2thumbs:

Dennis Reinhart
08-09-2005, 07:13 AM
Kelly's car is leaving today

http://web.iwebcenters.com/reinhartautomotive/images/session/00-00-1123596662-KLVAA.jpg

MarauderMark
08-09-2005, 03:55 PM
Kelly's car is leaving today

http://web.iwebcenters.com/reinhartautomotive/images/session/00-00-1123596662-KLVAA.jpg

Yo Kelly LOOK!!!! Heh looks like fun time is on it's way home:burn:

Dennis Reinhart
08-25-2005, 07:04 PM
John at Grand Bending called today. They finally have the bending issues resolved. This has been a nail biter. First of all, their 4" Mandrill machine broke. They fixed that and ordered FIVE batches of 4" aluminum pipe. This is for the power pipe we use. Other companies use 3" pipe. Well, the metal broke on the bender because it was the wrong tensile strength. they upgraded to aluminized coated steel just for the 4 inch pipe. I have been waiting six weeks on this and those pipes, and they will be here tomorrow. I want to say thank you to the five pending orders. All pipes are duplicated and we will not have this wait again.

Now lets talk about this kit!

http://web.iwebcenters.com/reinhartautomotive/images/session/00-00-1124993109-FRONTCOOLER.jpg

This kit has a custom Spearco cooler. If you'll notice, the inlet and outlet fittings are at the bottom. It's not tuned upside down. When the outlet fitting is at the top, you have to have two 90 degree bends, one at the top pointing air flow down and one at the bottom directing the airflow to the blower or TB. Because our cooler is custom made for this application, we do not need extra 90 degree bends which cause boost loss and heat as well as many extra rubber collars and clamps. Take a look at our kit

http://web.iwebcenters.com/reinhartautomotive/images/session/00-00-1124993576-Vortechkit.jpg

We use a total of three pipes. We limit the bends. Our after cooler is made by Spearco at 10 PSI. It is rated for 685 RWHP. We tune our cars to a safe 440 RWHP, which is over 530 HP to the engine's fly wheel. This kit can make as much as any other centrifugal blower out there, but this is what we feel is acceptable for a stock 4 Valve motor. Of course you have the option to receive a smaller SC pulley if this is your choice at NO ADDITIONAL cost. Our kit comes with a proven twin Cobra fuel pump assembly.

http://web.iwebcenters.com/reinhartautomotive/images/session/00-00-1111438168-VORTECH-AA.jpg (http://web.iwebcenters.com/reinhartautomotive/images/session/00-00-1111438168-VORTECH-AA.jpg)

It comes with a custom air cleaner assembly. NO ADDITIONAL COST. I do not believe in an open air cleaner element under the hood. All they do is suck up hot engine air. The cooler the air entering the after cooler, the better off you are.

We also now supply an upgraded FPDM along with Cobra Injectors, Motorcraft 22 C spark plugs and 180 degree thermostat. Vortech has been selling Centrifugal Superchargers for years. I have installed hundreds. We have tapped the oil pan every time, and we have never had an issue with this. Neither has any of the hundreds of Vortech dealers across the United States.

Another major advantage of Vortech Superchargers is they are very quiet. You can leave the knock sensors turned on, on Gear driven Supercharger the gear noise is transferred to through the Supercharge mounting plate and that noise is transferred trough the aluminum block. This will give a false knock so the engines knock sensors have to be turned off for a proper tune

Our kit comes with the new SCT XCal 2 and the USB cable. Reinhart Automotice or any other Super chip dealer you may choose for your tuning needs can support you. Our cars run about 35 PSI fuel pressure stock. They idle perfectly and have amazing throttle response.

Our kit is priced at $4,850.00. I will work with anyone, on anything else you care to buy along with this.

grzellmer
08-25-2005, 07:21 PM
Wow, impressive setup :2thumbs:

Just need to get out there on the corner with
my tin cup and sign "Will work for Supercharger"

Z

klmore
08-25-2005, 08:15 PM
Wow, impressive setup :2thumbs:

Just need to get out there on the corner with
my tin cup and sign "Will work for Supercharger"

Z
As of now I'm the only one with the new air to air kit currently installed, but that will change soon.

I've been really surprised how well this kit works. It has been a 100+ all this week and the cooler always stays very cool. The only time it gets heated up is when I let it idle for long periods of time and still then it will cool down very quickly once the car moves a bit. I wish I had the data logger hooked up the past few days to show some hard core stats, but just by feel the thing is never warm to the touch on the outlet side. I'm really sold on the air to air set up.

I have been to busy at work to take it to the track, but I will post up real numbers as soon as I make it to the test and tune at my local track.:D

Bradley G
08-25-2005, 08:34 PM
Congradulations Kelly!

I hope you have as much fun as I have had with all the new power!:high5:
Nice looking Kit Dennis, simple and great power!

sailsmen
08-26-2005, 01:21 AM
I have seen the Kit in person and it is beautiful! It looks like a work of art.

That is an excellent price.

fastblackmerc
08-26-2005, 06:35 AM
I have seen the Kit in person and it is beautiful! It looks like a work of art.

That is an excellent price.
Noe I gotta work more OT to get one of these....

MM03MOK
08-27-2005, 08:39 AM
:congrats: Kelly! WTG Dennis! :cheer:

Dennis Reinhart
08-27-2005, 08:47 AM
Now Kelley has to wory about Katrina Billy is headed to Houston

klmore
08-27-2005, 08:55 AM
Now Kelley has to wory about Katrina Billy is headed to Houston
I'm up north, but If I was further south I would be getting out of Dodge. The only thing well get is flooding and tornados.:eek:

Dennis Reinhart
08-29-2005, 11:51 AM
Billy is in Houston, seeking high ground, on a lighter note John and Grand Bending sent me the 4"power pipes I am getting them powder coated in Silver I am sendiny Kelley his and one to my other customer that has been patiently waiting and then we have three more kits, sold thatnks for every one being so patient.

thePunisher
09-25-2005, 01:57 PM
dennis do you see any belt slip problems with this setup? i am a vortech fan all the way and next season id like to purchase this kit...i just worry about the belt slip on the 6 rib setups...i put an s-trim on my buddys 97 dohc cobra and had lots of belt slip problems with it....does the kit use the stock serp belt tensioner? or does it have a manual tensioner??? thanks paul.

Dennis Reinhart
09-25-2005, 03:10 PM
dennis do you see any belt slip problems with this setup? i am a vortech fan all the way and next season id like to purchase this kit...i just worry about the belt slip on the 6 rib setups...i put an s-trim on my buddys 97 dohc cobra and had lots of belt slip problems with it....does the kit use the stock serp belt tensioner? or does it have a manual tensioner??? thanks paul.
We have never had a problem with slippage with a S trim if the correct length belt is installed Mark F has a six rib with over 13 PSI with a six rib no slippage and over 480 RWHP

MarauderMark
09-25-2005, 05:00 PM
We have never had a problem with slippage with a S trim if the correct length belt is installed Mark F has a six rib with over 13 PSI with a six rib no slippage and over 480 RWHP
Best pic that i have fer now.. :rolleyes:
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=76 83

thePunisher
09-25-2005, 05:26 PM
thanks for the reply...id love to see the pic....:)

Dennis Reinhart
09-25-2005, 05:47 PM
We just finished #10 for a man in Canada that came down for the event. We set his car up for a very safe 91 octane tune the car made 400 RWHP here at 94 degrees when he gets this car back there in much cooler weather this number will climb that is why we set the car up this way. the Kit and looked great he is going to post this week about the drive back and gas mileage.

stevengerard
09-25-2005, 07:27 PM

I'm at 476 rwhp and no slipage either.