PDA

View Full Version : MM Banner Ad: Flash ActiveX Warning

BruteForce
05-09-2005, 08:56 AM
Is there a new Flash ad banner that was recently added to the rotation? I'm getting repeated warnings in IE "information bar" to install the Macromedia Flash Player 7 ActiveX control. Its already installed. Has been for some time. I can't tell which banner is causing the warning due to the banner ads being randomized. I select "Install ActiveX control" and it immediately refreshes the page (i.e., no install done as control is already present) showing a different banner.

Not critical but annoying and perhaps disconcerting to other users.

King Fubar
05-09-2005, 09:28 AM
No problems here.....:dunno:

MM03MOK
05-09-2005, 09:43 AM
Scott - if you right click on the banner error, does it give you a URL or something in properties?

BruteForce
05-09-2005, 10:06 AM
Scott - if you right click on the banner error, does it give you a URL or something in properties?

Right-click produces "info bar" options of "install activeX", "what are the risks?" etc same as right-clicking the info bar itself. Note the attached image where the image Alt text is the same as the info bar.

View Source is no help as the banner ads are sent to the browser as a JavaScript "document.write" function.

BruteForce
05-09-2005, 10:09 AM

Here's some more clues as to which one is doing this... View Source when the error is present show these parameters for the banner:

document.write ("http://www.mercurymarauder.net/banners/adjs.php?n=a909a86a");
document.write ("&what=zone:2");
document.write ("&exclude=" + document.phpAds_used