PDA

View Full Version : Failed Front Sway Bar Mount

Thomas C Potter
05-10-2005, 07:22 PM
Well, I figured it was the weakest component. The larger ADDCO has been on for some 15 years / 30K miles, along with other handling enhancements. Car has had some time at Summit Point track, and many hard exit ramps and quiet country roads. I will likely do a FEA on the lower control arm, I do not want that to fail on me!!! Not sure if both pictures will load in this one thread.

TP 68 XL

Thomas C Potter
05-10-2005, 07:26 PM
Looks the wife switched the camera to high def . 2nd picture file of stronger sway bar mount to large. Thnx dear!! I'll try again.

TP

merc
05-10-2005, 07:33 PM
Wow, keep us posted on the progress.

Thomas C Potter
05-10-2005, 07:36 PM
Much better.

SergntMac
05-10-2005, 08:34 PM
Why not switch yourself to hi-def, and tell us a bit more about what's on your mind? The word "failed" will attract attention, but it does not inspire comfort. Zup, Tommy?

SergntMac
05-10-2005, 08:41 PM
Like I said in the other thread you opened, Zup, Tommy?

What's going on here? Is this the front sway bar, or, the rear, and can you be more descriptive in your complaint? I'm not getting anything from this, and I'm concerned because I've had a few sway issues too, but they got fixed. I'd like to help, but I'm hamstrung to reply.

Donny Carlson
05-10-2005, 09:10 PM
Why not switch yourself to hi-def, and tell us a bit more about what's on your mind? The word "failed" will attract attention, but it does not inspire comfort. Zup, Tommy?
Unless I'm mistaken, he's referring to a car that ran an Addco for 15 years. There's another thread with a pic.

MM03MOK
05-10-2005, 09:13 PM
Two threads merged. Note that this is posted in The Classic Lounge.

Carry on....

Donny Carlson
05-10-2005, 09:15 PM
Like I said in the other thread you opened, Zup, Tommy?

What's going on here? Is this the front sway bar, or, the rear, and can you be more descriptive in your complaint? I'm not getting anything from this, and I'm concerned because I've had a few sway issues too, but they got fixed. I'd like to help, but I'm hamstrung to reply.
Mac, I think he's referring to his 68 LTD ... or maybe the 70 Impala. :dunno:

SergntMac
05-11-2005, 05:16 AM
Okay, things always look different the morning after. Sorry for my interruption, I misunderstood.

O's Fan Rich
05-11-2005, 05:21 AM
Well, I figured it was the weakest component. The larger ADDCO has been on for some 15 years / 30K miles, along with other handling enhancements. Car has had some time at Summit Point track, and many hard exit ramps and quiet country roads. I will likely do a FEA on the lower control arm, I do not want that to fail on me!!! Not sure if both pictures will load in this one thread.

TP 68 XL

That extra support should help big time.
Heck the original lasted what? 37 years?