PDA

View Full Version : Would the real #3 please stand up

HwyCruiser
05-12-2005, 06:23 PM
Ok, enough of that. Who cares about a number anyways?

As I type, this:

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/gallery/data/500/medium/pc_kit.jpg

Is getting ready to go in here:

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/gallery/data/500/medium/pc_in_work.jpg

If all goes according to plan I'll be having some fun tomorrow night! :banana2:

merc
05-12-2005, 06:47 PM
Now that's great....keep uploading the pictures. :beer:

BUCKWHEAT
05-12-2005, 07:26 PM
JD, good for you! Keep us posted. JB

NAVCHAP
05-12-2005, 07:31 PM
JD: Looking forward to seeing the finished product! Love those yellow valve covers! Nice visiting with you last nite.

Break in Transmission (BT)

Buckwheat, where you been? Hope all is well. -kjs-

HwyCruiser
05-14-2005, 09:54 PM
Kit #3's installed, finished up yesterday. A pic of the engine bay:

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/gallery/data/500/pc_installed.jpg

Had the chance to go out and play a couple times today in between chores and man does she scoot. I've got this whistle in my head now that I just can't seem to shake. :D

Next up, dyno testing to verify WOT a/f ratio and get some rear wheel numbers before I really put my foot into it.

texasvic
05-14-2005, 10:27 PM
Awesome man!

TooManyFords
05-15-2005, 07:26 AM
Kit #3's installed, finished up yesterday.
Had the chance to go out and play a couple times today in between chores and man does she scoot. I've got this whistle in my head now that I just can't seem to shake. :D

Next up, dyno testing to verify WOT a/f ratio and get some rear wheel numbers before I really put my foot into it.
I am soooo jealous! :D

Have you set the time/date of the dyno/tune for the numbers yet? I'm still wondering if this could happen before Friday morning.

Nice pic too! I'm studying it to see where I'll tap into it with the N2O... Can you snap a picture of the the corner where the cruise control mounts? It looks like the power steering reservoir is almost where I mounted my Zex control box.

Cheers!

John

HwyCruiser
05-15-2005, 10:04 AM
John,

You've got a PM (pics loaded and ready to fire).

Just think of my install the rehearsal to the big event in a short few days... TooManyPowerAdder's supercharger install! :D

- JD

Rider90
05-15-2005, 10:06 AM
That looks great, nice valve covers too! Congrats!

Tallboy
05-15-2005, 10:10 AM
Kit #3's installed, finished up yesterday. A pic of the engine bay:

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/gallery/data/500/pc_installed.jpg

Next up, dyno testing to verify WOT a/f ratio and get some rear wheel numbers before I really put my foot into it.Looks great, Cruiser!! I told ya you were gonna be happy!!!:beer:

blackf0rk
05-15-2005, 10:24 AM
SWEEEEEEEEEETTT!! :) heheh

HAVE SOME FUN FOR ME

(I really am yelling) :P

stevengerard
05-15-2005, 10:48 AM
Cool, glad you are having fun. Good luck with it. I like the open air filter.

MarauderTJA
05-15-2005, 04:34 PM
John,

Just think of my install the rehearsal to the big event in a short few days... TooManyPowerAdder's supercharger install! :D

- JD
Congratulations HwyCrusier with your new Procharger:banana: ! You will love it. Welcome in becoming a Supecharged Marauder....Yee hAAA

MarauderTJA
05-15-2005, 04:36 PM
John,

- JD
And make sure you get a safe tune. You will be indeed impressed.

HwyCruiser
05-15-2005, 05:22 PM
And make sure you get a safe tune. You will be indeed impressed.

I'm running Tim's "safe' Diablo tune. Also have a little race gas (40/60 mix) in the tank just to have a little cushion in case there was any detonation.

Mike was kind enough to install a o2 bung just before the driver's side cat today so we could look at WOT air/fuel ratio using Greg's Innovative Motorsports handheld A/F digital meter and Bosch wideband o2 sensor.

I get her into the boost and she pulls like a crazy frieght train. Got her up to around 9 psi of boost in 1st and the 1-2 shift was awesome. After the shift she takes off in 2nd gear right around 4200 rpm at around 5-6 psi of boost and continues to pull like a molested ape.

With the 3000 rpm PI torque converter and 4:10 gears I had to walk her out at 1/3rd throttle and then let into the throttle to keep the rear end from getting too squirrelly. Mike was watching the instrumentation and he said the timing, IAT, fuel rail pressure (off the Predator) and A/F all looked good. No detonation that we could hear.

I still want to get her on a dyno soon to check 3rd gear WOT A/F, take a look at what the knock sensor is seeing, and get the rear wheel numbers. I'll post a dyno graph as soon as I get it, but my butt-o-meter was definately pegged!

Now how do I get this dang whistle out of my head? :D

HwyCruiser
05-15-2005, 06:19 PM
That looks great, nice valve covers too! Congrats!

Thanks, I'm thinking black powercoat for the upper intake, plumbing, and "snowplow" (front scoop).

And thanks everyone for the kind words. I went with the Procharger kit for four main reasons:

1- Procharger is located in the Kansas City area. Any other choice would personally make me feel like I walking into a Chiefs game wearing a Raiders jersey. Anyone from around here know's what I'm talking about. The Procharger name has a lot of respect locally and nationally and I'll really enjoy associating with those guys. I bet the Kenny Brown, Trilogy and Reinhart guys have a bit of the same feelings and enjoy the comradery that comes with the name, performance, reputation and quality. If this gets me into the friendlier Blown Marauder club, all the better.

2- I've already spent the money on the high-stall PI TC, 4:10 gears, and free-flowing exhaust to get the N/A low-end torque where I was happy with it. Even though the Intech engine is known for its top end, it was the mid-range and top end is where I thought it was now lacking. The perceived drawbacks to the centrifugal we're already compensated. This isn't to slight any other kit whatsoever or anyone else's mod choices.

3- The deal. Yes, money also had a lot to do with it. The free install offer pushed me over the fence and I'm glad I had Mike do the install. For those of you that don't know, he's Greg's silent partner, an ASE certified mechanic, previous Procharger guy, and works at a well-known automotive shop in certain circles. He's also on hell of a nice guy.

4- I know where Greg lives. Seriously, both Greg and Mike have been great to deal with. Even though Greg has been acting like he's been having puppies the last few weeks, he's taken care of me and all the little issues that have come up during the process. There's a lot to read over on "The Dark Side", some of which Greg deserves and some of it he doesn't. He's just an average Marauder owner who also wanted to make his car go faster. More than a lot of us, he had the connections and fortitude to pull it off.

My wife has told me that if I break my toy I'll have to start collecting cans until I get enough money to fix it. It's not a daily driver anymore... its my new hot rod that I can drive up and down the boulevard in and whistle away in. Maybe get it on the track from time to time. Anything other than that and the tickets and insurance gets too expensive. Knowing that my licence plate frame says "Procharger, Caution: Contents Under Pressure" makes life a little more sweeter for me.

- JD

merc
05-15-2005, 06:33 PM
Even though the Intech engine is known for its top end, it was the mid-range and top end is where I thought it was now lacking. The perceived drawbacks to the centrifugal we're already compensated.

I was thinking the same thing.

snowbird
05-16-2005, 04:18 AM
I'm running Tim's "safe' Diablo tune. Also have a little race gas (40/60 mix) in the tank just to have a little cushion in case there was any detonation.

Mike was kind enough to install a o2 bung just before the driver's side cat today so we could look at WOT air/fuel ratio using Greg's Innovative Motorsports handheld A/F digital meter and Bosch wideband o2 sensor.

I get her into the boost and she pulls like a crazy frieght train. Got her up to around 9 psi of boost in 1st and the 1-2 shift was awesome. After the shift she takes off in 2nd gear right around 4200 rpm at around 5-6 psi of boost and continues to pull like a molested ape.

With the 3000 rpm PI torque converter and 4:10 gears I had to walk her out at 1/3rd throttle and then let into the throttle to keep the rear end from getting too squirrelly. Mike was watching the instrumentation and he said the timing, IAT, fuel rail pressure (off the Predator) and A/F all looked good. No detonation that we could hear.

I still want to get her on a dyno soon to check 3rd gear WOT A/F, take a look at what the knock sensor is seeing, and get the rear wheel numbers. I'll post a dyno graph as soon as I get it, but my butt-o-meter was definately pegged!

Congrats on your install !! Talking about whistle, how does the Procharger sound ?

MarauderTJA
05-16-2005, 05:39 AM

You will be good with Tim's tune. He went over to Diablosport as did I for a great tune. My car has a real safe tune as well. I will be heading over to Diablosport one more time for another tune witht the 60 lb injectors, already have the MAFia mass air extender in, added exhaust and a convertor. The injector increase and MAFia extender was Scott Beer's suggestion. He feels, along with the exahust, we should be able to get a safe tune at 475 RWHP and 425 TQ which I pulled with the car before backing it down to the present tune. We ran out of injectors at that high HP rating. I'll keep you posted on the progress. Best of luck with your car and the afterburner feel.

TooManyFords
05-16-2005, 06:53 AM
Congrats on your install !! Talking about whistle, how does the Procharger sound ?Can't wait to find out myself... But I probably won't be able to hear it over the cutouts! <evil laugh!*>

John

[* evil laugh (C) TMF Inc. all rights reserved...

This message is meant for educational purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Void where prohibited. Some assembly required. List each check separately by bank number. Batteries not included. Contents may settle during shipment. Use only as directed. No other warranty expressed or implied. Do not use while operating a motor vehicle or heavy equipment. Postage will be paid by addressee. Subject to CAB approval. This is not an offer to sell securities. Apply only to affected area. May be too intense for some viewers. Do not stamp. Use other side for additional listings. For recreational use only. Do not disturb. All models over 18 years of age. If condition persists, consult your physician. No user-serviceable parts inside. Freshest if eaten before date on carton. Subject to change without notice. Times approximate. Simulated picture. No postage necessary if mailed in the United States. Breaking seal constitutes acceptance of agreement. For off-road use only. As seen on TV. One size fits all. Many suitcases look alike. Contains a substaintial amount of non-tobacco ingredients. Colors may, in time, fade. We have sent the forms which seem to be right for you. Slippery when wet. For office use only. Not affiliated with the American Red Cross. Drop in any mailbox. Edited for television. Keep cool; process promptly. Post office will not deliver without postage. List was current at time of printing. Return to sender, no forwarding order on file, unable to forward. Not responsible for direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages resulting from any defect, error or failure to perform. At participating locations only. Not the Beatles. Penalty for private use. See label for sequence. Substantial penalty for early withdrawal. Do not write below this line. Falling rock. Lost ticket pays maximum rate. Your cancelled check is your recipt. Add toner. Place stamp here. Avoid contact with skin. Sanitized for your protection. Be sure each item is properly endorsed. Sign here without admitting guilt. Slightly higher west of the Mississippi. Employees and their families are not eligible. Beware of dog. Contestants have been briefed on some questions before the show. Limited time offer, call now to insure prompt delivery. You must be present to win. No passes accepted for this engagement. No purchase necessary. Processed at location stamped in code at top of carton. Shading within a garment may occur. Use only in well-ventilated area. Keep away from fire or flame. Replace with same type. Approved for veterans. Booths for two or more. Check here if tax deductible. Some equipment shown is optional. Price does not include taxes. No Canadian coins. Not recommended for children. Prerecorded for this time zone. Reproduction strictly prohibited. No solicitors. No alcohol, dogs, or horses. No anchovies unless otherwise specified. Restaurant package, not for resale. List at least two alternate dates. First pull up, then pull down. Call toll free before digging. Driver does not carry cash. Some of the trademarks mentioned in this product appear for identification purposes only. Record additional transactions on back of previous stub.

This message is an "as-is" service. Neither the webmaster, the school district, the Pope, Rush Limbaugh, or God HIMSELF will be held liable if the message does any of the following: Crashes, shuts down with or without warning, decides it doesn't like you, smokes profusely, makes that "chk-chk" noise like a broken washing machine, shoots sparks, causes a total nuclear holocaust, spins around several times and vomits pea soup, gives off "Bad Vibes," plays "Daisy" repeatedly, steals your boyfriend/girlfriend, falls in love with and begins humping your floppy disk drive, or spontaneously combusts.

Do not operate heavy machinery after reading this message. This message may cause drowsiness, dizziness, heart palpitations, shortness of breath, angina, temporary blindness, loss of consciousness, seizures, skin rashes, nausea, vomiting, the involuntary playing of Elvis songs, bloating, water retention, and/or spontaneous transformation into small woodland forest creatures. We are not responsible for emotional damage resulting from use of this message. Repeated and prolonged usage may cause paranoia, confusion, feelings of despair or ebullience, or a "Bad Hair Day." This message contains no user serviceable parts; see licensed technician before removing cover or striking. No lifeguard on duty.

For children under 12, give half usual dosage. May be habit forming. No refunds or exchanges. Failure to follow appropriate safety precautions can and may result in mutilation or death. Contents under extreme pressure; do not puncture or incinerate this service. Void where prohibited. State and local taxes may apply. Avoid contact with eyes or mucous membranes. Not responsible for demonic possession and/or control of users.

Read all instructions before using this message. This message not available in all areas. This message is not a bank or insured by the FDIC. If skin rash or other irritation develops, discontinue usage and contact your physician immediately. Do not use this service while bathing. For EXTERNAL use only. Not responsible for lost or misplaced mail or other personal items.

Any resemblance to any persons living or dead is purely coincidental. No warranties are either express, or implied. Do not use this service under the influence of mind-altering drugs and/or alcohol unless those substances have already kicked in. For best results, time your medications properly. Not responsible for psychiatric care needed as a result of using this service. In case of accidental ingestion, do not induce vomiting.

Not responsible for incidental or consequential damages, or for acts of God. It is illegal in some states to use this service while sleeping. Temporary insanity may result from the use/misuse of this service. The Supreme Court has ruled that reading this message while performing surgery may be a violation of Federal Laws and restrictions.

This disclaimer is not valid in Borneo, Outer Mongolia, on any day ending in "Y" of months which do not end in "R," and within five miles of the lower Volga River. Void where applicable by law. Do not fold, spindle or mutilate. Try not to step on the cracks. Avoid overdusting. DO NOT IMMERSE IN WATER!

This notice supersedes all previous notices.]

martyo
05-16-2005, 06:57 AM
Can't wait to find out myself... But I probably won't be able to hear it over the cutouts! <evil laugh!*>

John

[* evil laugh (C) TMF Inc. all rights reserved...]

When is that trip to the ATL planned for?

TooManyFords
05-16-2005, 07:00 AM
When is that trip to the ATL planned for?
We need to work on that one. Wed the ProCharger install happens in KC, Friday-Sunday is the CFR meet and then I'm open. I'd like to schedule somthing in early June down at Team Ford to get Aric to do a final tune with the giggle gas and the procharger.

What are your plans?

John

martyo
05-16-2005, 07:06 AM
We need to work on that one. Wed the ProCharger install happens in KC, Friday-Sunday is the CFR meet and then I'm open. I'd like to schedule somthing in early June down at Team Ford to get Aric to do a final tune with the giggle gas and the procharger.

What are your plans?

John

Down there this weekend and then ????

Petrograde
05-16-2005, 04:51 PM
wow man! congrats! :up:

I dig those valve covers too!

HwyCruiser
05-16-2005, 04:58 PM
Congrats on your install !! Talking about whistle, how does the Procharger sound ?

Ever hear a jet sitting at idle on the tarmac from about 50 yards away? Pretty close to that.

The sound of the magnaflow exhaust overtakes the whistle at fairly low speed so its mostly only noticble from the cabin at or near idle. Let's just say you won't be sneaking up on a lot of people. :D

snowbird
05-16-2005, 07:46 PM
Ever hear a jet sitting at idle on the tarmac from about 50 yards away? Pretty close to that.

The sound of the magnaflow exhaust overtakes the whistle at fairly low speed so its mostly only noticble from the cabin at or near idle. Let's just say you won't be sneaking up on a lot of people. :DSounds good ! Thanks.

The wait is killing me !