PDA

View Full Version : ZainoBros....

CRUZTAKER
02-28-2003, 03:08 PM
All of you who purchased MM's last summer......thanks for doing the leg work. I read all the posts about wax, and waxing, and suggestions.

Being I have only had her a month, the desire would be inevitable to put the first coat of protection on the exterior surfaces. Even here in the cold ass north.

I e-mailed ZAINO BROS with some questions and downloaded their order form about 9 days ago.

No mention of application methods. Does anyone use Orbital polishers? Or do these products require "hand" application only.

:)
Get used to it guys, spring is coming and, MM's are slowing being sold.......... and atleast I read the threads first!

****Note: First job out of high school before the military, Car detailer.

jgc61sr2002
02-28-2003, 03:18 PM
Cruz - In my opinion hand application is the way to go. You have to be good with a buffer as it doesn't take to much to burn through the paint. John

Black Badger
02-28-2003, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by CRUZTAKER

Does anyone use Orbital polishers? Or do these products require "hand" application only.

Most of the time I apply it by hand, but remove it by machine.
The one I use is the Porter Cable random orbital model #7424 with variable speed
6" velcro pad's (about $100.00)

Like this one (http://www.griotsgarage.com/catalog.jsp?L1=L1_2000&L2=L2_2060&SKU=10625) But much cheaper:)

CRUZTAKER
02-28-2003, 07:09 PM
OK, I am using the sears 9" orbital, I have two. One to apply and one to remove. The wax tends to soak thru the bonnets. I also have a high speed (2spd) sander polisher. Bear in mind, this was how I was taught, plus I detailed up to 5 cars in an eight hour shift. The local company I worked for made their own silicone wax on the premise in big vats. We used to swipe it in milk jugs. Retail $10 pint, it was truly awesome and worked well with buffers.

3years ago, the owner died at 87, the daughters chose to NOT continue the business, and sold the property to a used car lot.
I need a high quality product, but man, I haven't HAND waxed a car in..............EVER.

TAF
02-28-2003, 07:13 PM
Hey CRUZ,

Glad to see you've gotten the Zaino stuff. I can tell you this stuff is hands-down the best you can use.

However, I think the secret in the process is the Clay Bar using the Z-6 as the lube. Be sure you do that first. Makes the finish like glass...

CRUZTAKER
02-28-2003, 07:16 PM
10-4, IT'S ON MY LIST. I am actually looking forward to doing it.
My wife's LS (black) is a mess. Winter is cruel.

WolfeBros
02-28-2003, 10:48 PM
I put it on and took it off by hand......no big deal ..easy to work with.
The secret is using quality 100% cotton towels.
Love this stuff. And thanks to Logan......he put me on to it.:up: