PDA

View Full Version : Hey all you Twin Cities owners!

Sully008
05-13-2005, 08:33 AM
Hello all,

The girlfriend and I will be visiting Minneapolis in two weeks and besides the Mall of America and Valley Fair (both of which we'll be spending time at), what other cool places should we visit while we're there? We've got a week of time to fill up.

We'll be driving down in the MM, so If you see one with Manitoba plates and God's Head badges, it us!

TIA :beer:

jdando
05-13-2005, 09:20 AM
It all depends on what you want to do...
fine dining is very limited
arts, museums, plays you have many choices
1/4 mile tracks, the nearest is 1-2 hours away
autocross, a couple of club events within an hour

I would visit Wayzata on Lake Minnetonka. It is a nice little town with good scenery. The Walker has a good outdoor scupture garden. The downtown nightlife is okay, perhaps LimoMerc can chime in on this.

Post or PM with any specific questions!

jeremy

Hello all,

The girlfriend and I will be visiting Minneapolis in two weeks and besides the Mall of America and Valley Fair (both of which we'll be spending time at), what other cool places should we visit while we're there? We've got a week of time to fill up.

We'll be driving down in the MM, so If you see one with Manitoba plates and God's Head badges, it us!

TIA :beer:

Sully008
05-13-2005, 09:40 AM
It all depends on what you want to do...
fine dining is very limited
arts, museums, plays you have many choices
1/4 mile tracks, the nearest is 1-2 hours away
autocross, a couple of club events within an hour

I would visit Wayzata on Lake Minnetonka. It is a nice little town with good scenery. The Walker has a good outdoor scupture garden. The downtown nightlife is okay, perhaps LimoMerc can chime in on this.

Post or PM with any specific questions!

jeremy

Hey Jeremy,

We'll be staying near Mall of America, but one or two good restaurants would be nice. Is the Walker in/around Minneapolis, or Wayzata?

The last time I was in Minneapolis was to watch a Vikings game with my brother. That was about 4 years ago. Looking forward to visiting again!

She's not quite into racing....yet.
:D We're out for a little "alone" time. Just her and me.

shakes_26
05-13-2005, 10:44 AM
Dont forget to stop by Culver's for a Butter Burger, the finest in American Cuisine.... oh and the infamous cheese curds

About 1hr south (on 35) of the twin cities is Owatonna, there is a HUGE Cabela's if you like that outdoors stuff.

The Sculpture garden near downtown is neat as well, and check the Target center to see who's playing, or if there are any concerts.

I usually head north when i hit MN, like 3 hours north, sisters got a place on a lake near Jacobson.