PDA

View Full Version : So mad I can't see straight!

2003_MM_FYRE49
02-28-2003, 03:50 PM
Well I just got home from the boning of a lifetime. My Maurader that I waited 2 months for didn't come home with me. When I went to the dealer to pick it up today they convieniently decided that the original offer they made me on my trade was too much and wanted to give me $1000 lees. I only put 100 miles on my trade from the time they looked at it to today. I made sure it stayed in the garage so I wouldn't get boned. Needless to say it wound up in a shouting match with a dead deal. Now I'm so mad I can't see straight. Has anyone else had a bad experience buying their car from a less than desirable dealer? I guess its back to the drawing board.

Tim
:po:

bugsys03
02-28-2003, 04:45 PM
why did you order it anyway? you can go to any dealer in the chgo area and get an awesome deal on what they have in stock. they are all the same unless you ordered blue or silver. i live right by you so pm me and i can turn you on to at least 2 dealers with 6 in stock and they want to move them

mad man
02-28-2003, 04:45 PM
Yes i went to 3 dealers and thay were $ 4.000 apart on my trade i would tell you were to go but i got there last car and thay said thay won/t order anymore:rolleyes:

SergntMac
02-28-2003, 04:52 PM
Man-oh-man, Tim, real bummer. Smells like they are trying to stick you up at the last minute, because you are the hungry one now. Let them stew a while, now that it's in their stock. Call them back next week and stick to your deal. If you had a signed agreement with deposit on the table, mistake or not, they can be held to that promise. Have any friends who are lawyers?

No wonder people come to hate salesmen...

PS...My guy in Blue Island has a 300A in stock, want me to call him?

jgc61sr2002
02-28-2003, 05:24 PM
That is one reason not to trade in you car. The dealer wants to make a huge profit on your trade, maybe more than on the new one. I sold a 2000 GM privately for $4,500 more than the dealer offered. This was a 7,000 mile garage kept car nicely equipped with T/C ABS and the handling package to name a few. Try and sell it privately ( even with the tax difference) I,am sure you'll do better. Then buy the MM from another dealer. Good luck. John:up:

CRUZTAKER
02-28-2003, 06:02 PM
Wasn't the Fyre49 holdin' out on a color?
I think thats why he ordered it.

Fireman, if you can do black (which is the way this one was born), take advantage of the DEALERSHIP now, they are jones-ing, afterall, the 2004's are on the way. If they DID take possesion, where would they park them?

Otherwise, I know how you feel....I got an offer on my car the day AFTER I traded it in:o

Originally posted by jgc61sr2002
I sold a 2000 GM privately..........

in a perfect world........

Myself: Sometimes want outways patience:D

Vince Gortner
02-28-2003, 06:07 PM
Did you try pricing your trade at CarMax? It's any easy, no fuss way to dump a used car and every time I had a trade their offer was not quite retail, but a lot better than wholesale. Keep in mind that you then end up paying sales tax on your entire new car deal price, instead of the cash difference between the new car and your trade-in.

It works in a pinch, and if nothing else they give you an offer in writing that you can throw at your LM dealer.

joflewbyu2
02-28-2003, 09:30 PM
2003_MM_FYRE49, i have been selling cars for 12+ years. if you had your trade appraised 2 months ago and want the same money - forget about it. 2 months is a long time in the market, even if it only had only 1 mile more. i take orders for acura mdx's all the time. delivery usually takes anywhere from 4-12 weeks (1 month - 3 months). if i appraise a trade, i make the buyer aware that trade value is for today. sign the trade over and leave the car with me and you have the full amount. if not, i will reappraise the car to current market conditions. i have seen the black book change as much as $2,100 in 6 weeks. had older book to prove that to the customer. if you did not have it in writing with time frame outlined - don't buy the car and be mad. dealer has the right to refuse business. mean people suck and mean customers get little if any help from anyone else in the dealership as talk goes from salesperson to salesperson. i go out of my way for the nice customers - loaner cars, car washes, sodas and even lunches as mean ones will need appointments, don't get loaner cars, car washes, sodas while receiving the cold shoulder from eveyone in the dealership.

Beadhead
02-28-2003, 09:33 PM
Don't get mad, get even. Buy from someone who wants your business. This turkey will only be bad news down the road, with warranty issues, service, etc. Good riddance.

2003_MM_FYRE49
02-28-2003, 09:56 PM
The reason I ordered the car was because I wanted the heated seats and traction control. I have to say that I spent 17 years in the auto biz working in the service dept. before I became a fireman. If there is one thing that I found in those 17 years, its that a car saleman :bandit: is the lowest lying form of life on earth, I don't know who is worse car salemen, or lawyers. I guess if they say that my car dropped $1000 in value in 8 weeks, then it sould be worth nothing in about a year :bs: If there was a best part, it was when my girl and I were ganging up on the slimeballs :argue: and they just got up and walked away :lol: because they knew they had been beat. Thats the fisrt time that I ever saw that happen, but it showed what men they really are. :cry: So for now its back to the drawing board.:depress:

vaderv
03-01-2003, 01:23 AM
jof thats bs...the dealer knew of the wait since he took the deal on order. they tried to smoke him for a grand. dealers kill car companies.

CRUZTAKER
03-01-2003, 07:07 AM
Should have got it in writing anyhow.

Fireman, what's the appeal with T/C? Now that I am used to the car, I have no further desire for it. I like the POSI.

Heated seats= Aftermarket, a number of members have done it. I am saving up myself. $425, both seats, hi/lo, switch where I want it

CRUZTAKER
03-01-2003, 07:13 AM
Originally posted by CRUZTAKER
Heated seats= I am saving up myself. $425, both seats, hi/lo, switch where I want it

jgc61sr2002
03-01-2003, 07:21 AM
Originally posted by CRUZTAKER
Cruz - Heated seats on my 300B listed for $260.00 in Jan.2003 and I have noticed they have gone up to $295.00. There is nothing like factory options as far as I am concerned. John:)

schuvwj
03-01-2003, 07:40 AM
Originally posted by SergntMac
Man-oh-man, Tim, real bummer. Smells like they are trying to stick you up at the last minute, because you are the hungry one now. Let them stew a while, now that it's in their stock. Call them back next week and stick to your deal. If you had a signed agreement with deposit on the table, mistake or not, they can be held to that promise. Have any friends who are lawyers?

No wonder people come to hate salesmen...

PS...My guy in Blue Island has a 300A in stock, want me to call him?

Sarg man! You have added some major equipment to your MM list what items are most happy with?

CRUZTAKER
03-01-2003, 08:09 AM
Originally posted by jgc61sr2002
Cruz - Heated seats on my 300B listed for $260.00 in Jan.2003

Nice thought, but I already have a 300A. Besides, no need to convince ME, it's 'fireman' that we're tryng to console.

SCHUVWJ:
See Sarge's "STAGE II" post.

joflewbyu2
03-01-2003, 08:23 AM
a car saleman is the lowest lying form of life on earth, I don't know who is worse car salemen, or lawyers. GREAT, I WAS TRYING TO HELP AND GET FLAMED! i could start flames too "buyers are liars" but i won't go that route. 8 weeks change a lot in the auto market. in june 02 the MM were selling for $35,000. 3 months later they had $2,500 rebate and another $1,000 under the table. now you can buy for $28,000 because of rebates AND MARKET CONDITIONS. why didn't you give them your trade?

joflewbyu2
03-01-2003, 08:28 AM
if you are upset with the dealer, don't buy the MM there. why is it back to the drawing board? i bought 32 cars in the past 17 years and all were enjoyable experiences and took the most of 2 trips to dealership and less than 1 hour of negotiations on each purchase. sometimes it is the customers that make it hard. take a look in the mirror before you start a flame war.

joflewbyu2
03-01-2003, 09:22 AM
current new car incentives and rebates whether cash incentives or 0% / low APR financing affect used car values. maybe your trade vehicle got an incentive during that wait time.

joflewbyu2
03-01-2003, 09:25 AM
vaderv, no deals are made in future values. are you willing to buy gold now not knowing what 2 months future value is? unless there was a written contract (printed signed buyers order) like a mortgage close with time frame locking in a APR, there is no case.

joflewbyu2
03-01-2003, 09:30 AM
please no flaming, lets keep this a friendly site. i visit this site and give info to help people out and gain knowledge myself - not to be harrassed.

vaderv
03-01-2003, 09:45 AM
wasnt flaming anyone. noone said all salespeople are liars. I used to have a good one but unfortunately she had to retire at 33 due to illness. also i have traded 2 vehicle for furture deliverys. the appraisers take that into account. i had worked for 13years around dealers and I can say this with no hesitation. 999 out of a thousand salespeople are snakes period, thats how they make their money. thats a statement not a personal insult. Anyway as for shopping for an auto, i'd rather have teeth pulled without novacain. I say this even though I now work for Fords. dealers do kill car companies.

joflewbyu2
03-01-2003, 05:58 PM
2003_MM_FYRE49 - now i know why you don't like car salesman, especially if you worked in a car dealership. most of the order takers in parts and hourly workers in service get pissed off when they see car salesman come in late, leave early and make $75,000 - $100,000 a year. we work off of commission and as long as we sell 12-18 cars per month - the managers let us come and go as we want. it's the same all over, those who can't sell cars to survive and make a good living - knock salespeople who can.

Buster Bo
03-01-2003, 11:47 PM
Hi:

FYI, in the past few months, used car values have dropped dramatically. Tis a used car buyers market and not a sellers. Have you checked with KBB.COM or EDMUNDS.COM to compare your car's value today vs then? Regardless, sorry your dealer couldn't at least meet you halfway. But who knows, maybe this will turn out to be a good thing for you...After all, besides original black and the new blue, a silver MM will be available this spring...

-Mike
CA "Hot Raud"

2003_MM_FYRE49
03-02-2003, 09:15 AM
Joe it's back to the drawing board because I have been waiting since Jan 4th for this car only to get it stuck up my keester. Now I have to go and start the dealing and ordering process all over again.:po:

Directedby
03-02-2003, 09:53 AM
Fireman -

Chances are that the Mercury Marauder Rebate might go up in a few days or weeks. It could go from $3,000 to $4,000.

If it does, you should call another salesman at the same dealership and make a deal on the car they ordered.

You will make up the $1,000 on the trade in on the rebate.

Keep a close eye on the rebates

joflewbyu2
03-02-2003, 11:49 AM
2003_MM_FYRE49, if you didn't make an a** of yourself when your went to pick up your car, your salesman might be able to work something out for you. my boss will accept and do deals for me that he normally wouldn't for others. it is a win - win situation. when i sell a lot of cars - he gets a pat on the back for doing well and beating out the other stores. YOU GET MORE HONEY BY BEING SWEET THAN AN A**

cyclone03
03-02-2003, 12:02 PM
I was wondering when the big rebates would start eating the trade in values.
When I purchased in Aug. I felt I got a good trade in $$$ for my truck,I got what I would have sold it outright for,plus the rebates and the dealers discount.
At somepoint the dealers need to squeeze the used trade in money.
Remember all the good financing is only on new vehicles,the used market really sucks now.The used car salesmen are having it hard now.
The dealer I bought my car from had a Mustang Bullet on the used car lot for 4 months.
They to sell the car outright then go back and make a deal.

2003_MM_FYRE49
03-02-2003, 08:31 PM
Believe me the only A$$ES in the room were the sales staff !:uzi:

Diocles
03-02-2003, 08:44 PM
According to the Merc website rebates are now $3,500.

RCSignals
03-02-2003, 10:14 PM
Buick has gone to $4000 rebates, but they really have to

MAD-3R
03-03-2003, 07:57 AM
From my reading of the posts, Fireman didn't blow his stack till they told him He was going to have to cough up another grand.
I had a dealer try and pull that on me AFTER I had a used truck for 2 weeks. I slapped the contract on the desk, and told them to pull my trade back around. They did up the price, but paid for my extended warrenty out of there pocket. They made me happy, and kept the sale.

2003_MM_FYRE49
03-04-2003, 06:23 AM
Your right MAD-3R but one lie led to another and the last thing I'm going to do is let some dealer try and stick up my rear. A deal is a deal, and if they want to renig on it, that's fine, I'll take my business elsewhere. a $1000 is a $1000. you don't find that kind of money laying in the street.

BigMerc
03-04-2003, 01:00 PM
Not for nothing, but there are always bad stories about salesman you don't think they were all made up do you?
Selling is their livelihood and whatever it takes to sell is usually done, regardless of morals or ethics. The saying "Where there is smoke........... you know the rest, so you can't get all indignant when you know this occurs, it is the nature of the beast, salesman sell, you can only defend your actions because that really all YOU are responsible for. You can't worry about defending the salesman work force because they are all different and not all, are the best representation of your workforce segment

vaderv
03-07-2003, 07:39 PM
HERE HERE BigMerc. (clink)