PDA

View Full Version : Thanks, Jerry!

Tallboy
05-15-2005, 06:08 AM
Some days are better than others. The past few have been quite good for various reasons.

Friday night, carfixer and I installed Rick-n-Miami's Trilogy kit #79. Carfixer, Rick, and I got to hang out in the garage, shoot the breeze, and turn a wrench or two. While Rick headed out about 11PM, carfixer and I were on a mission. We were out in the garage until a little after 3AM, but we finished it that night [morning?]. I can't tell you how much I enjoy just being a part of all this. We were almost as excited as Rick was. Another perfect night. A long ride home, but I was smiling the whole way.

At the ungodly hour of 7AM, my Australian Shepherd comes bouncing into the room announcing it is time for me to get up [the wife is out of town visiting her family, and I don't have to see them. The instrument has yet to be invented that can measure the smile on my face]. So, it's a pot of coffee, the newspaper, then a ride back down to Carfixer's house for an afternoon of drinking beer around [and in] the pool. Quite relaxing. I wasn't there when Rick picked up his car, but I'm quite sure he was happy with it.

[I know, I know, what does all this have to do with the title of this thread? I'm getting to it. Thanks for letting me ramble a bit.]

During the ride back to my house, I'm thinking of all the ways my life has been impacted by a car and a supercharger. I was fortunate enough to meet Jerry in March and count him among my dearest friends. I have had some MCM guys tell me how much behind-the-scenes support Jerry has given the community and all the Maraudervilles. Seven of us here in south Florida have Trilogy cars, with more on the way, I'm sure. Jerry was kind enough to join us for dinner while he was here, and even though I was the only Trilogy customer at the table, do you think he'd let us spend a dime? No chance. He picked up the whole dinner check. He's a car guy who truly enjoys hanging out with other car guys. He's got his employees involved on this site in a positive and supportive way. And now, he steps up to offer $900.00 in discounts and give away about 100 t-shirts. All this while offering support and customer service that's second to none. Oh, yeah, and a hell of a supercharger kit, too.

I raise my glass to you, my friend. Thanks, Jerry. For everything.:beer:

RoyLPita
05-15-2005, 06:14 AM
I could not agree with you more.

04funmerc
05-15-2005, 07:05 AM
I've been involved in fund-raisers before and sometimes a sponsor stands out way above others. I'll be going to the raffle in a couple of hours and meet Jerry for the frist time...:cool:
IMHO Triolgy and Jerry are a CLASS ACT and and it is not just about business but about FRIENDSHIP and COMMUNITY INVOLEMENT and will go to the MAX to support their friends :bows: :bows: :bows:

THANKS JERRY:coolman:

Best of luck to everyone who has a ticket!:)

JIM

MARAUDER S/C #5
05-15-2005, 07:27 AM
Jerry and Trilogy Motorsports are the best thing to ever happen to the Marauder. And lets not forget Lidio also.
:bows: :beer: :2thumbs:

Cobra25
05-15-2005, 07:51 AM
Nice Tread Chuck, I enjoyed reading it.

blackf0rk
05-15-2005, 08:25 AM
I haven't even gotten my kit and I am already lovin' the Tril-ster ;)

MikesMerc
05-15-2005, 09:11 AM
I raise my glass to you, my friend. Thanks, Jerry. For everything.:beer:

Well said. Jerry is indeed a great guy...and a great friend. Its nice to see so many others recognize this as well.

BillyGman
05-15-2005, 09:56 AM
ditto....I haven't met Jerry face to face, but I've spoken with him over the phone a few times, and he's a fantastic guy who's also VERY EASY to talk to. And yes, I can say the same for Lidio, and both of them are straight shooters. And I find that a rare quality in the business world. My hat's off to both of them.

Rick-n-Miami
05-15-2005, 10:54 AM
Ditto! I really enjoyed the install process and am enjoying the final product even more! Now in my second day with it and I've already put a few hundred miles on it, and I've loved each and every one! This is an EXCELLENT kit. Thanks Jerry & the Trilogy team

Also, a HUGE thanks to CarFixer and Tallboy for their work on the install!

Jerry Barnes
05-15-2005, 07:16 PM
Chuck and all the others,

Thanks very much for the kind words. I don't want to sound to syrupie, but I really appreciate the way people have treated us on this site and in person! It has been a great pleasure to meet everyone, hang out with all the great people and gain a significant number of new friends. All of you are right, I really do love this stuff!!! Having a cool car would mean very little if you did not have great people to enjoy the events with.

Words cannot not describe the FUN I have had with all of you. And I know I sound like a broken record, but I really owe a lot to Lidio, Dave, Mike, Slim, Paul, John(both), annnnnnnnnnd my great guys at Trilogy Like Michal, Ben, Mirek(both), Kanako, Donna, Renata, etc., etc., etc. I get very emotional about my work and love to be involved with people and anything that's got wheels on it. My guys look at me sometimes like this guy is a "nut"!!!!!

And Chuck, you are right. I drive home some evenings when its warm outside and the window is down and the radio is playing a good tune and think to myself "Life is Great!".

I want everyone to know I am 110% behind this Marauder Woodward Dream Cruise. Dave, Mike and the others are working very hard to make this a great event and I think they are doing a great job. I have a much better appreciation of what Logan and Jerry Robbin had to deal with in the last 2 events. It's a lot of work, planning, arguing and running around town. But, for all of you that are coming to the Dream Cruise, you will not be disappointed in the event, it will be great!!!!! Remember, a car club is only as good as its members and we have great members.

I am heading to Chicago in a couple of weeks to help out with the ChiTown Dream Cruise and I hope I can meet up with all the folks in Chicago. I won't be bringing my Marauder, but you can find me in my 39 Ford Street Rod. Can't wait to visit Chicago again!

Chuck and Claude, I am counting the days until you get to Michigan in August.

Thanks very, very much for your friendship and support.

Sincerely,

Jerry

Tallboy
04-22-2006, 08:04 AM
:bump: Old Thread Alert!!!!

I had to revive this one, to thank Jerry Barnes for his support and sponsorship of our track night on April 21st. Without your support, this would not have happened. Over a dozen of your current and future customers were in attendance, at one little track on Florida's gulf coast, enjoying some of the finest drag racing in the country, for free, thanks to your generosity.

The Trilogy banner flew high and proud, my friend. Thank You!!! :bows:

Smokie
04-22-2006, 08:15 AM
:bump: Old Thread Alert!!!!
The Trilogy banner flew high and proud, my friend. Thank You!!! :bows:

Amen, thank you Jerry.:beer:

King Fubar
04-22-2006, 12:32 PM
Thanks Jerry....hopefully you can make it for the next one....

Jerry Barnes
04-22-2006, 12:59 PM
Let me just say my contribution was small compared to all of the hard work Chuck, Claude, Mark, Mike, Smokie and the others have done to make that event so great! The Florida crew is truely outstanding in every way!!!!

If I could have done more, I would have!!!

I think it is great to see people at the track after a long absence or going to the track for the very first time. I was always a car guy, but never went to the track until I started hanging out with the Marauder bunch. Now I am a regular and loving it!!!! It's great to see other late bloomers doing the same thing!!! Get out there and enjoy life, it's very short and you need to cram as much fun into it as possible!!!!

Great job running the show Chuck!!!!!! I really appreciate the support and friendship, as always!!!

Sincerely,

Jerry