PDA

View Full Version : WOW!!! 19½ MM's @ The Chicken Run !

Slowpoke
05-15-2005, 05:26 PM
We had 19½ Marauders at the Chicken Run today (the "½" was attributable to a very sleek Crown Vic). Nice turnout; good eats; good folks, no less than four supercharged marauders, and one police cruiser.

Can hardly wait until the next one!

blackf0rk
05-15-2005, 05:32 PM
I wish I could've been there - my best Friend who got married yesterday had his gift opening today and I was required to be there :( I'll be at the next one tho - all Trilogized.

How was the police cruiser? I would've loved to have seen that!

03marauder
05-15-2005, 05:51 PM
Yeah, it was nice to see everyone again. Well, the second time for me anyway. The turnout was much better than last time. Nice to see a few supercharged Marauders as well. The burnouts were amazing, can't wait to see the videos. Looking forward to the next run.

UAW 588
05-15-2005, 05:57 PM
Great meet today!!!!!!!! Nice to see old friends and make a few more. It was good to witness an awsome turnout. Lots of Marauders and lots of BLUE smoke. :burn: A thanks to Steven for letting me drive his S/C Marauder. I hope I left some rubber on your rear tires buddy, after that smoke trail I left behind. Awsome totally awsome!!!!!!!!!!!!! :burnout:

SergntMac
05-15-2005, 07:13 PM
I wish I could've been there - I'll be at the next one tho - all Trilogized.
Sorry you missed this day, but next time you'll be our first Roots powered car, bring it on dude! We need some variety among us, eh?

By then, I hope to see a Procharger car driving in from Minnesota (right, John?) and meet the MM.Net's first ever anywhere turbocharged Marauder too (right, Ernie?).

My special thanks to Dan (mercman) for making the drive up from Tipton, IN. It was good to see you again my friend, though I will meet up with you again by the end of this week. Dayum, guess we're not so far apart after all, hope you made it home safely.

Hey 'Poke, it's officially 20.5, members on our blacktop, "Michael Ward" arrived late due to his work schedule, but he drove in nonetheless. Good to see you again, Mike!

Yes, it was our largest meet ever, y'all, and we had a great time. Next time the "smell of fried chicken" gets your appetite attention, just say so here and you won't be sorry.

I'm hoping Rider90 (no, I didn't hurt him, who could?) gets his pics up soon. This gentleman may be annointed our official Windy City photographer. He earned his tee shirt today, let's see why? Post them if you got 'em, eh?

We're still looking for some direction, y'all. We need a "President" to keep Windy City things tied together. Little stuff, like scheduling out-of-town road trips, and leave times and locations, and deciding on meet dates and times too. Also, scheduling (and capturing on video) burnouts between cop shift changes, mapping passenger seating and wait lists for rides in supercharged MMs, measuring (and capturing on video) tire tracks on original and genuine Route 66 pavement, and most important, checking for control arm compliance and driveshaft loop clearance. A mental "sign in" sheet for all who attend may be helpful too, I can't recall everyone who showed up.

Moreover, now that fender mounted cool air vents, spoiler mounted LED brake lights, and aftermarket wheel mounted drag radials that fit our MMs have been shown here, our "yet to be elected President" needs to keep tabs on our Windy City developments, and prepare the appropriate press release for each new mod. Not a weighty task mind you, but a "job vacancy" in our WC crew nonetheless. Surely not a job I am interested in, in any way, K?

Give me a ballot right now, and it's my vote for Rider90. This dude knows his stuff.

stevengerard
05-15-2005, 07:25 PM
A thanks to Steven for letting me drive his S/C Marauder. I hope I left some rubber on your rear tires buddy, after that smoke trail I left behind. Awsome totally awsome!!!!!!!!!!!!! :burnout:

Thanks for breaking it in (its first burn out), it was as fun to watch as it was for you to drive. That's the least I could do for you helping me get the car in the first place. It was great seeing everyone today, wish I was there longer.

That would be cool, to have a turbo, Procharger and a Trilogy join us. Well, at least at Woodward we should see all of the above.

MERCMAN
05-15-2005, 07:27 PM
Thanks to everyone for making this the best meet since MV2. Great turnout, great folks, great burnouts. It is amazing that the people who own these orphan cars are so crazy about them, and good people to boot. I am going to try to plan something in my neck of the woods for fall, I hope you all can make the trip!! We will take over this little town by storm!!

Slowpoke
05-15-2005, 07:27 PM
I second the nomination of Rider90 for president of the Windy City Marauders.

Big Joe P
05-15-2005, 07:51 PM
I THIRD the nomination of RIDER90 as President... The highlight of todays meet was the Willowbrook policeman who popped the hood on the cruiser and hung out with us for a while. He actually came back to our meet after his shift ended....

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=65 47&stc=1

Rider90
05-15-2005, 07:52 PM
Nobody sign off yet, I'm almost done. I cropped and narrowed 77 pictures down to 40 and I'm getting the videos up now of Steve and Mac MMs....Sit Tight! I'm workin on it!

michael ward
05-15-2005, 07:53 PM
I second the nomination of Rider90 for president of the Windy City Marauders. I forth nomination for rider90 pres of wcm :bows:

michael ward
05-15-2005, 08:09 PM
Sorry you missed this day, but next time you'll be our first Roots powered car, bring it on dude! We need some variety among us, eh?

By then, I hope to see a Procharger car driving in from Minnesota (right, John?) and meet the MM.Net's first ever anywhere turbocharged Marauder too (right, Ernie?).

My special thanks to Dan (mercman) for making the drive up from Tipton, IN. It was good to see you again my friend, though I will meet up with you again by the end of this week. Dayum, guess we're not so far apart after all, hope you made it home safely.

Hey 'Poke, it's officially 20.5, members on our blacktop, "Michael Ward" arrived late due to his work schedule, but he drove in nonetheless. Good to see you again, Mike!

Yes, it was our largest meet ever, y'all, and we had a great time. Next time the "smell of fried chicken" gets your appetite attention, just say so here and you won't be sorry.

I'm hoping Rider90 (no, I didn't hurt him, who could?) gets his pics up soon. This gentleman may be annointed our official Windy City photographer. He earned his tee shirt today, let's see why? Post them if you got 'em, eh?

We're still looking for some direction, y'all. We need a "President" to keep Windy City things tied together. Little stuff, like scheduling out-of-town road trips, and leave times and locations, and deciding on meet dates and times too. Also, scheduling (and capturing on video) burnouts between cop shift changes, mapping passenger seating and wait lists for rides in supercharged MMs, measuring (and capturing on video) tire tracks on original and genuine Route 66 pavement, and most important, checking for control arm compliance and driveshaft loop clearance. A mental "sign in" sheet for all who attend may be helpful too, I can't recall everyone who showed up.

Moreover, now that fender mounted cool air vents, spoiler mounted LED brake lights, and aftermarket wheel mounted drag radials that fit our MMs have been shown here, our "yet to be elected President" needs to keep tabs on our Windy City developments, and prepare the appropriate press release for each new mod. Not a weighty task mind you, but a "job vacancy" in our WC crew nonetheless. Surely not a job I am interested in, in any way, K?

Give me a ballot right now, and it's my vote for Rider90. This dude knows his stuff. thanks mac good to see you to.... it was nice to meet you guys today sorry so late had to work we are all fortunate to own this great machine :bandit:

Rider90
05-15-2005, 08:32 PM
Wow, thank you fellas, four nominations :eek: I'm already the prez of one club - why not make a monopoly of it? :D

We'll talk about this soon, let me arrange where I'm going to start and you'll hear from me. I need to make a game plan for it to work, since saying "I'll take the job" isn't enough when you have to hit this head-on. It was a pleasure meeting you all, and seeing some of the old faces (not age old, well...no, no, not age old ;) ) We'll get this stuff happening more often, show or no show type of event.

Thank you all again, thank you Steve for ONE HELLUVA RIDE, and we'll be in touch. Take care guys

ex00p71
05-15-2005, 09:29 PM
sweet, im half a marauder!

thanks for the compliments, your cars are absolutely great, and I'm sorry I forgot alot of your names, especially the person that gave me a ride in their supercharged Marauder.

Dennis Reinhart
05-16-2005, 05:19 AM
I want to thank every one there for a great event, 18 Marauders showed up including three blue ones, my self along with David P of SCT donated 2 XCAL2 for the raffle I did bring some Kooks for members to look at, there was a big Mustang turn out, and the weather was perfect, but the company was great, I know every one had a great time, thanks for the invite down there I hope every one has a great week.

Slowpoke
05-16-2005, 06:14 AM
Gosh, I didn't notice Dennis there. We are sure his spirit was there but his body was probably down in Florida.

I want to thank every one there for a great event, 18 Marauders showed up including three blue ones, my self along with David P of SCT donated 2 XCAL2 for the raffle I did bring some Kooks for members to look at, there was a big Mustang turn out, and the weather was perfect, but the company was great, I know every one had a great time, thanks for the invite down there I hope every one has a great week.

Shaft333
05-16-2005, 07:36 AM
You guys brought Dennis up from Florida?! :D

I was there with you in spirit. I really was. The gardening was oh so fun :(... then I went home and played video games.

This "we need a president thing" is kind of weirding me out. But it's not my club either. Between the Masons, college fraternity, a stint in SAE and a few other groups... my "joining" days are done. :down:

Big Joe P
05-16-2005, 02:17 PM
Some guys were asking about the carbon fiber radiator cover I had, here's the link
Link to thread (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=16293)

SilverStreak
05-16-2005, 02:51 PM
It was quite a sight seeing all those Marauders smokin! Wish we could have stayed to eat but our dog "Chester" said he'd pee all over the seats if we
left him in the car....:D Great seeing everybody.
Darrell

MaLo03
05-16-2005, 06:54 PM
Gosh, I didn't notice Dennis there. We are sure his spirit was there but his body was probably down in Florida.Dennis mention was of our meet down in Central Florida. You can see the mix up.
Same day, about same amount of Marauders, 18 in FL.
Nice to see you guys had as nice of a turn out.
Ironic though.
BTW, thanks for the Cards SlowPoke
Eggie