PDA

View Full Version : so i just got a marauder

Kelsey
05-16-2005, 10:51 AM
hello im out in the suburbs of st paul but i just got a new marauder it's a black '03 with 10k mi on it. Everything is still stock. just wanted to say hi and introduce myself
these are good cars. i could ride in one all day and my gf loves riding in it too

http://web.augsburg.edu/~crocketk/marauder.jpg

Haggis
05-16-2005, 10:56 AM
hello im out in the suburbs of st paul but i just got a new marauder it's a black '03 with 10k mi on it. Everything is still stock. just wanted to say hi and introduce myself
these are good cars. i could ride in one all day and my gf loves riding in it too

Welcome to the Collective. Resistance to moding is futile you will be assimilated. http://smilies.sofrayt.com/1/u/cyber.gif

Slowpoke
05-16-2005, 10:57 AM
welcome to the club !

you made an excellent choice.

you will probably spend the next month reading all there is to know about our Marauders. The more you read, the more you're going to want to know.

Relax & enjoy!

GarageMahal
05-16-2005, 11:00 AM
Howdy neighbor! (I live in Roseville)

jta

Bluerauder
05-16-2005, 11:12 AM
... these are good cars. i could ride in one all day and my gf loves riding in it too
Personally, I think that the Marauders are better than just good. :D Congrats on the Black MM and Welcome :welcome: to the MM.Net. :up:

RoyLPita
05-16-2005, 11:29 AM

http://web.augsburg.edu/~crocketk/marauder.jpg

Welcome aboard. Enjoy the site and your new ride.

jdando
05-16-2005, 11:45 AM
Welcome Kelsey! :banana:

There are a few of here in the Twin Cities. I am in Plymouth. Enjoy your car, it it the best car I have ever owned!

jeremy

prchrman
05-16-2005, 11:50 AM
Welcome Kelsey and congrats on your purchase...hope you enjoy the site...willie

Shaft333
05-16-2005, 12:38 PM
Damm that's a good looking car! :D

CBT
05-16-2005, 02:13 PM
Outstanding! Enjoy the car and all the postings here.

Kelsey
05-16-2005, 02:18 PM
cool thanks for the welcome everyone

im not going to be doing any modding to the engine/drivetrain (i think it's fast already!) but i will be upgrading the sound system. im a dj and audio guru so you can probably understand why i'd do something as ridiculous as that to an already awesome-sounding factory system. i plan on running an all rockford-fosgate system with an alpine dvd deck. the trunk in these cars is ENORMOUS! you could fit like, 2 bodies in there and they'd be comfortable.

thanks again for the welcome i will be sure to let you all know my progress on the audio.

by the way am i the youngest marauder owner? im 22.

MarauderMike
05-16-2005, 02:21 PM
Congratulations on your new ride. You have chosen wisely. Just for you information Marauders are addicting, you have joined an elite group.

fastblackmerc
05-16-2005, 03:02 PM
Congratulations on your new ride. You have chosen wisely. Just for you information Marauders are addicting, you have joined an elite group.
Welcome Kelsey. Bet ya can't get that grin off your face after riding in your MM....

martyo
05-16-2005, 03:43 PM
Welcome a broad! :D

Mad4Macs
05-16-2005, 04:02 PM
Welcome a broad! :D

Find me one, and I will!

MarauderMark
05-16-2005, 04:05 PM
Welcome to the Collective. Resistance to moding is futile you will be assimilated. http://smilies.sofrayt.com/1/u/cyber.gif

Thats sure is a nice looking car you got there...Welcome:welcome:

GarageMahal
05-16-2005, 04:34 PM

Nope ;) I know Rider90 is only 18 but I sure with I had a MM when I was 22.

jta

ckadiddle
05-16-2005, 06:26 PM

im not going to be doing any modding to the engine/drivetrain (i think it's fast already!) but i will be upgrading the sound system. im a dj and audio guru so you can probably understand why i'd do something as ridiculous as that to an already awesome-sounding factory system. i plan on running an all rockford-fosgate system with an alpine dvd deck. the trunk in these cars is ENORMOUS! you could fit like, 2 bodies in there and they'd be comfortable.

thanks again for the welcome i will be sure to let you all know my progress on the audio.

by the way am i the youngest marauder owner? im 22.Actually, you can fit SIX bodies in the trunk. You will still be able to fit two or three bodies in there AFTER you install several thousand watts of amps and subwoofers. :)

Also, if your face doesn't hurt from grinning after driving the Marauder, you probably aren't driving it properly. :D

jgc61sr2002
05-16-2005, 06:29 PM
Kelset - Welcome to the MM site. You definitely came to the right place. :D

STLR FN
05-16-2005, 09:59 PM
Eh... they're alright. Nothing really special about them.:rolleyes:

rocknrod
05-16-2005, 10:24 PM
Welcome Aboard. Great Looking Car!

bigslim
05-16-2005, 10:52 PM
Welcome to the site. You have a clean canvass to start with. There are a lot of mods which to chose from. All of them are good. Enjoy your car.

Sully008
05-16-2005, 11:09 PM

Kelsey,

Welcome to the site! I've never been impressed by stock audio systems. Like you, I'm installing an aftermarket one. I was just wondering how you were going to setup your front stage. Are you going to use the stock speaker locations? I'll be watching your progress with some interest.

MARAUDER S/C #5
05-17-2005, 03:41 AM
Welcome and remember, this is the only mod you need................

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/gallery/data/521/2240DRIVERS-SIDE.JPG

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/gallery/data/521/2240PASSENGER-SIDE.JPG

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/gallery/data/521/2240NICE_.JPG

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/gallery/data/521/2240burnout2.JPG

Rider90
05-17-2005, 04:31 AM
Nope ;) I know Rider90 is only 18 but I sure with I had a MM when I was 22.

jta

Oh yeah, I took the title :rock:

Congrats on your new Marauder!

Bradley G
05-17-2005, 05:13 AM
"He's not going to mod his Marauder" He He!
That's what I thought Too!:bs:
Haggis, this may require some home schooling!:P
Welcome and enjoy your "good car"! :laugh:
Bradley G

Jolly Roger
05-17-2005, 05:29 AM

http://web.augsburg.edu/~crocketk/marauder.jpgHi Kelsey,
as one new MM owner to another I say welcome.
These guys are a wealth of info and will make you feel welcome.
Ron.

STLR FN
05-17-2005, 02:05 PM

Wait am I missing something???? Kelsey you're an audio guru and a dj and you think the stock system is awesome-sounding. You deserve one of these :fishslap: Then again so do I so :fishslap: to myself.

Just messin with ya. Welcome to our humble and sometimes dysfunctional family.

BTW: Is that a Buick??? :lol:

LordVader
05-17-2005, 02:16 PM
Kelsey, I know you say no mods...but the guys on this site will seduce you with their stories of "kills" and "burn-outs". Eventually you will succumb...it's just a matter of time. Oh by the way..welcome and nice wheels.

Kelsey
05-17-2005, 07:29 PM
Thanks all.
Actually I had a few quick questions regarding my new car:

1. I noticed everyone's exhaust tips are so clean when looking at the gallery. Mine are filthy!! What do you all use to clean em?

2. Is it normal for your guys engines to shift a little harder than usual? I just had a 96 3.8 tbird and it shifted real smooth but the marauder shifts harder. Anyone have that same experience?

Thanks again for the warm welcome I hope to contribute a lot of audio stuff to this board.

Pat
05-18-2005, 01:36 AM
Hummmm...... shifts harder? New with 10K miles? Kelsey, you didn't say where or from whom you purchased your car? If from a dealer it was probably used by one of the executive employee's and should be in good shape, get a history printout from the service department. If from a private party the ECU may have been re-flashed as harder shifts are characteristic of such a mod. Check with your dealer to see if the ECU has been re-flashed and if not then they should be able to fix your hard shifting problem. Stock my MM shifted as smooth as my Grand Marquis.
Don't want to lay too much on you but rear tire wear around 10K is very noticable in our MM's. Check to see if your's are worn, if so then the dealer should replace them, since the car is "new".

You have a thoroughbred automobile and requires an elevated level of care, tires being one aspect (search the site for threads/posts on this subject).

Oil changes and type of oil product is very important.

The stock subwoofer is very limited and should be upgraded as you desire.

The wash/wax protocol is subjective and a great deal has been posted on this matter regarding products and technique.

You said your chrome tips were "filthy" I would think any chrome metal cleaner from you auto service store would be OK.

Welcome to the best place to find out all things related to Marauder.

I know you will enjoy your Marauder.

Kelsey
05-18-2005, 06:18 AM
Sorry I didn't metion that I acquired the vehicle, I didn't purchase it from anyone. My grandfather passed away at 80 and I got it from him. The tires are in pretty good shape but I will give them a thorough lookover when time permits. But the shifting complications only occur when I shift into 2nd gear, the rest seems fine but still a little harder than I'm used to. I may be bringing it in for service to my trustworthy mechanic. I will do a search on this forum to see if I can come up with any answers.

What is an ECU?

I am very good with vehicle maintenance, I regularly change the oil and have been thinking of going synthetic. Anyone have any thoughts on that? Good idea or bad idea? I will do a search on this also.

Subwoofer, speakers, and HU will be coming out this summer. In the meantime I won't be cranking it up or anything like that. Most of the time I drive the vehicle is when I go to work, and I'm either listening to weather and traffic reports or classical music. I noticed you have XM radio. Do you have this linked up to your stock HU or an aftermarket one?

I'm not certain if the Marauder has been waxed or not, but there are a few scratches on the car I'd like to take care of first before I do so, some that I'm not sure rubbing compound will rid. What wax is recommended for these cars? I'm partial to the Meguiar's brand, but have heard good things about Mothers so I may give that a shot.

Thank you for the welcome.

Pat
05-19-2005, 09:30 PM
Kelsey, That explains the low mileage, I'll bet your granddad had a smile on his face. Don't mean to be disrespectful. Anyway, DON'T compound your car because it's clear coated and compound will destroy the paint job.

Please consult your owners manual about oil, the Marauder doesn't use a full synthetic oil but a synthetic blend. This topic is very subjective. Ford has an excellent product for a good price, most dealers do oil changes at a financial loss to promote business, so many utilize their services.

ECU is the computer that controls/monitors most everything, (Electronic Control Unit). It's located in the cabin on the drivers extreme left side under the dash up against the firewall, a metal rectanglar can about 6X5 inches.

My XM is wired to the stock HU. I had the little mouse-like antenna mounted on the trunk were it meets the rear window, hardly noticeable, looks like something that supposed to be there (ha).

LimoMerc
05-19-2005, 11:04 PM
Kelsey,

I'm in another saintly city in Minnesota. You'll have to come and hang out with us old guys sometime. Glad you found the site. My younger brother has "two turntables and a microphone".

GA-Marauder
05-20-2005, 05:16 AM
You said your chrome tips were "filthy" I would think any chrome metal cleaner from you auto service store would be OK.
[/QUOTE]
I believe the tips are actually stainless steel. There are good ss cleaners out there, also.:)