PDA

View Full Version : Englishtown NJ Fun Ford Weekend!

Ezbok58a
05-16-2005, 02:10 PM
This Saturday ( sorry for the late notice)
Is the 2nd anual Fun Ford Weekend at Englishtowns Raceway park.

Gates open at 9am Saturday the 21st. Entry fee for racing, is I believe 20-25 dollars. Car show, drag racing, and Vendors for all your Ford racing needs.
more information

Entry Fees (Spectator & Crew)
Friday....$10
Saturday....$22
Sunday....$22
Sat & Sun....$35
Crew...$35
12 & Under....FREE
Entry Fees (Car Show)
1 Day....$35
2 Days....$45
*Vehicle & Driver
Commercial Vendors
FFW Rule Book Advertiser....$200
All Other Vendors....$500
Gate Entry (If Space Permits)....$700
New products and services only. 40x20 space and PA spots - $50 per each additional 10' over 40'. Entry fee includes vendor space and 2 people.
Swap Meet/Car Corral
20x20 space, used products only....$50
Entry fee includes space and 1 person.
Need to Rent a Golf Cart for this event?
You can order online from The Golf Cart Guy. Click here for rates and order form.
CLASSES/PAYOUTS
CLASS WIN R/U SEMI 1/4s ENTRY*
Mr. Gasket Pro $20,000 $7000 $100 $500 $200
ProCharger Street Outlaw $5000 $1000 $200 $100 $200
Borla Street Renegade $2000 $1000 $100 $50 $150
Edelbrock Street Bandit $1000 $400 $100 $50 $100
Blow-By Racing Street Warrior $1000 $400 $100 $50 $100
BFGoodrich Drag Radial $1000 $400 $100 $50 $100
Steeda/Hyland Mod Motor $4000 $1000 $500 $100 $100
JDM Tough Truck $1000 $300 $50 $25 $100
JBA Headers Focus Frenzy $500 $100 $50 -- $85
Ford Racing Open Comp $1000 $300 $100 $50 $100
Superchips Custom Tuning Street Stang Trophies - WIN | R/U | SEMI $75
FFW Bracket Classes Payout Both Days (Sat & Sun)
Fast Ford, Quick Ford - 1st Round Loser, $35 Buy Back • Street Ford - 1st Round Loser, $10 Buy Back
Fast Ford (0.00 - 12.99) $1500 $500 $150 $50 $85
Quick Ford (7.50 - 17.99) $750 $200 $50 $25 $85
Street Ford Trophies - WIN | R/U | SEMI $50
*Entry fee includes car & driver
Tremec True Street
Saturday - 30 mile cruise & 3 hot laps | Sunday - Bracket Class
Quickest Avg. - $100 | 2nd Quickest Avg. - Trophy | (6) Closest Averged ET's* - $100 ea $85
*These will be awarded to the 6 closest averaged ET's (9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 sec). The overall quickest average will determine these payouts.
Fun Ford Weekend returns to E-Town for our 2nd Annual event in New Jersey. Englishtown; the name sends shivers up your back. This is the famous facility that hosts the NHRA Springnationals. First developed from a 308 acre farm, the track opened in 1965 and has been going strong ever since. Everybody who is anybody in the sport of drag racing has run down the track at E-Town. Only the best tracks for our FFW participants and spectators. And now, the FFW circus comes to within 40 miles of Central Park, in NYC.

There ya go

MENINBLK
05-16-2005, 02:48 PM
This Saturday ( sorry for the late notice)
Is the 2nd anual Fun Ford Weekend at Englishtowns Raceway park.

Gates open at 9am Saturday the 21st. Entry fee for racing, is I believe 20-25 dollars. Car show, drag racing, and Vendors for all your Ford racing needs.
Will post more information on it once I find it all.

Since it starts at 9am, when does it end ??
Is there room for Marauders to just hang ???

Ezbok58a
05-16-2005, 02:51 PM

Probably late, I never really stay to the end though.

Yes there Is, it just might not be with the ones entering the show or racing.

The more the merrier.

martyo
05-16-2005, 02:56 PM

Yes, there will be room for Marauders. In fact, there is a Marauder show class too.

You guys should go. These events are great fun and you can watch some of the really big dogs run. If my car and I were in NY (instead of ATL where we will both be this weekend), I would be going.

If you go, please do a burnout in my honor.

By the way, Fun Ford Weekend has its own forums and they can be found here: http://forums.funfordevents.com and general information regarding Fun Ford Events (schedules, etc.) you can take a peek here: http://www.funfordevents.com

Blackened300a
05-16-2005, 03:12 PM
If Marauders have thier own class, then Condsider me in! Looks like Friday will be wash and wax the marauder day

Ezbok58a
05-16-2005, 03:30 PM
If Marauders have thier own class, then Condsider me in! Looks like Friday will be wash and wax the marauder day

Don't do it until Friday as there is a chance for Rain Saturday, If thats the case then the Raindate is Sunday the 22nd (the next day).
Marauder guys, I'll be one of the LX Sports probably in the staging lanes (yes there will be 2), Stop by and say hi. And there might be a light blue vic in the show area too. Say Hi to that guy as well. :cool:

Paul T. Casey
05-16-2005, 06:28 PM
Note to all my fellow Marauderers, ATTEND THIS EVENT. There's no finer feeling than being resposible for trailering some Mustangs! I attended the Atlanta FFW. It's right up there in class with the SSHS.

Ezbok58a
05-16-2005, 09:12 PM
Note to all my fellow Marauderers, ATTEND THIS EVENT. There's no finer feeling than being resposible for trailering some Mustangs! I attended the Atlanta FFW. It's right up there in class with the SSHS.
Racing I presume:coolman:
Be sure to look for the Marauder "wannabes" in the lanes. I'll probably be one of them:party:

Dark_Knight7096
05-16-2005, 10:19 PM
Did everyone forget????? About a month or so ago i asked if anyone else on this board was interested in meeting me at the FFW. I'm hurt!!! Just kidding, i'm going to be there! I'm going to be racing in the 50 dollar trophy bracket class with my sister, i'm als ogoing to be meeting with my friend (not sure what class he'll be in yet).

No matter what i am going to be there racing so hopefully i'll see you guys there, and you can cheer me on, hopefully i'll go far, and get a trophy!!

Marauder
05-17-2005, 06:26 AM
I went to the one last October and the put the few Marauders that were there together. I think it was class number 25???? It was a lot of fun. The racing is awesome.

I was suppose to go this weekend but I got bombarded with 2 family parties....ARGH!!!

Ezbok58a
05-19-2005, 12:19 PM
2 Days Until FFW guys, Hope to see some of you there

Blackened300a
05-20-2005, 05:08 PM
OK Now the Who What and Where Questions?? lol Who's Definitly going, What Time is everyone getting there and Where are we planning on have a large amount Of Marauders parked? lol

Ezbok58a
05-21-2005, 05:03 PM
OK Now the Who What and Where Questions?? lol Who's Definitly going, What Time is everyone getting there and Where are we planning on have a large amount Of Marauders parked? lol

Well that I didn't get around to :o
i believe there was one Marauder that showed up to race, I don't know anyone on this board too well and If it was someone from on here I appoligize for not greeting or saying Hi,
I wasn't feeling that great for the past few weeks and I didn't intend to appear cold or uninterested. At that point I just wanted to head home And I actually did on the second round. Damn Mustangs :mad2:
So what performance parts for the Marauder can be used on a CV Sport?
As I desperatly need it, My best time today was a 15.9. The other CV that was there ran a 14 flat with the help of some poweradder :)

Blackened300a
05-21-2005, 05:46 PM
Ouch Only One other Marauder????? I overslept and I know It would have been a Mob Scene there if I went a little later on. Sorry about your Loss to the Stangs!! To get some more out of your CV, I imagine the PHP Air Box, the Super Chips Micro Tuner 1725 would work on that 4.6, and Maybe the Pulleys, All that should put you a little faster then a Stock MM

Hope that Helps

Dark_Knight7096
05-22-2005, 09:14 AM
As far as i know there were two marauders there racing, I know cause i was one of them and my camera man kept looking at me telling me they just got my 14.0 second run on tape. My Marauder has never done a 14.0 run, I reveiwed the tape and sure enough it was another Marauder. I also saw the car in the pits, i waited by it for a few but i could not locate the driver. There were two other Marauders there in the spectator lot, i know one of them was sundaydog's but i'm not sure whos the other one was. There were at least 25 Lightnings, about 100 Mustangs, and one Pro Stock ZX2. There were 5 rounds in the Street Ford class, I made it to Round 3. I lost to the 1st place finisher so i don't feel that bad about losing it knowing i lost to the best there. Met up with a friend of mine there with a Gen-1 Lighting and we left after my loss, he wanted to race but showed up late, i wanted to win 1st but didn't so we went somewhere and releived our pent up aggression and i got a really sweet vid a la mini-billygman style, no music and nowhere near as impressive but as soon as i get it off my friend i'll see if i can't get it hosted anywhere and link to it. Well, that's about it, i'm just gonna have to keep my eye on the MM&FF issues for a while to see if my car got in a peripheral shot anywhere, LOL, i doubt it, oh well i had fun, any day at the track is a good day!!!!!

:banana2:

Dark_Knight7096
05-22-2005, 09:21 AM
Well that I didn't get around to :o
i believe there was one Marauder that showed up to race, I don't know anyone on this board too well and If it was someone from on here I appoligize for not greeting or saying Hi,
I wasn't feeling that great for the past few weeks and I didn't intend to appear cold or uninterested. At that point I just wanted to head home And I actually did on the second round. Damn Mustangs :mad2:
So what performance parts for the Marauder can be used on a CV Sport?
As I desperatly need it, My best time today was a 15.9. The other CV that was there ran a 14 flat with the help of some poweradder :)

So that was you i raced in one of the time trials?????? I was rooting for you, i wanted the panthers to remain in as long as possible. I beleive there were one or two other CV LX Sports there?? My friend got a still photo of all of us driving through the pits together if you want it, he just has to get it developed first. I saw you pass the first round, by the time i got back to the staging lanes after the 2nd round and got to the lanes to look for you you must have already went. Sorry to hear about ur loss, it sucks man, glad to see another fellow panther out there on the track though. We should all do it again sometime, except with more people this time, and less mustangs :D.

Wait time out what color was the mustang you lost to? Was it like the bright performance red, newer body style (99-04), cause if you lost to him, that's the same guy i lost to, the guy that took first. He is a great driver, dead on every time. I had a better R/T but i really think that i was at a disadvantage because upon inspection after loosing i had water all over the passenger side of my car, leading me to beleive that the water came out of the burnout box and compromised my traction off the line causing me to spin for a little. Not trying to make excuses, i lost fair and square, just looking for an explanation. Have a great day everyone.

Ezbok58a
05-22-2005, 11:56 AM
So that was you i raced in one of the time trials?????? I was rooting for you, i wanted the panthers to remain in as long as possible. I beleive there were one or two other CV LX Sports there?? My friend got a still photo of all of us driving through the pits together if you want it, he just has to get it developed first. I saw you pass the first round, by the time i got back to the staging lanes after the 2nd round and got to the lanes to look for you you must have already went. Sorry to hear about ur loss, it sucks man, glad to see another fellow panther out there on the track though. We should all do it again sometime, except with more people this time, and less mustangs :D.

Wait time out what color was the mustang you lost to? Was it like the bright performance red, newer body style (99-04), cause if you lost to him, that's the same guy i lost to, the guy that took first. He is a great driver, dead on every time. I had a better R/T but i really think that i was at a disadvantage because upon inspection after loosing i had water all over the passenger side of my car, leading me to beleive that the water came out of the burnout box and compromised my traction off the line causing me to spin for a little. Not trying to make excuses, i lost fair and square, just looking for an explanation. Have a great day everyone.

The guy I lost to was in a 87-93 notchback that was orange, I thought I had him until he blew by me mid track. The guy I was with only had time for the time trials befor he had to leave.
And I was glad I got to run against your Marauder in the Time trials, even if we both red lighted
:o ;) i had a real good time and hope to do it again, Maybe one of the Ford and Mustangs vs the World events on saturdays would rock. I'll also see if I could get more Vics there as alot more wanted to show up but couldn't because of the rain they were getting.

It was a pleasure in meating and competing against you, I only wish the offical hadn't made me wait to race the last mustang, even though I beat him good Us panther cars need to stick together.

BTW I loved your Marauders stance :up: :up:

Mike M
05-24-2005, 10:21 AM
Went to the Ford deal on Sunday at Raceway Park, spent $25.00 per head, got in...then it rained rained rained. I live about 5 minutes and I am going to be so happy to move next month to Arizona and never get rained out again. I talked to one Maruader (red) owner at the car show part (I didn't have my Marauder with me). I think his handle here is "RB427". Nice guy, he actuall owns 2 red Maruaders.