PDA

View Full Version : '63 Marauder Beast

Bradley G
05-17-2005, 05:04 AM
Had a opportunity to witness a '63 Marauder this past weekend at the World Ford Challenge.
The Driver /Owner :"Rich" was kind enough to tell me about the history of the car and the work he did to make it an awsome Mid -Eleven second car.
On the motor:530 CID(460 bored ) N/A @ 5000#'s, tanish Gold in color ,was a real treat to watch.He made it several rounds to the semi finals.
He said he had not raced it in quite some time(couple years),but you could not tell by his awsome passes.
If I knew how to attach a pic to this thread, I would do it without hesitation.
That also holds true for all the pics and videos I shot.:confused:
Bradley G

martyo
05-17-2005, 05:10 AM
If I knew how to attach a pic to this thread, I would do it without hesitation. That also holds true for all the pics and videos I shot.:confused:

E-mail them to me and I will put them up for you. My e-mail address is: martin_ochs@hotmail.com

merc406
05-17-2005, 02:45 PM
Can't wait too see it, could either one of you put a picture or 2 in the classic merc photo album, don't know what happen over their but all the picture's are GONE?! :burnout:

martyo
05-17-2005, 06:55 PM
Had a opportunity to witness a '63 Marauder this past weekend at the World Ford Challenge.

Would this be the one?

http://www.legalknevil.com/albums/Miscellaneous-Car-Stuff/acu.jpg

merc406
05-17-2005, 07:22 PM
Would this be the one?

http://www.legalknevil.com/albums/Miscellaneous-Car-Stuff/acu.jpg

Oh that's nice!! :rasta: Scoop kinda questionable, but he needs it. :D

Joe Walsh
05-17-2005, 07:41 PM
The Driver /Owner :"Rich" was kind enough to tell me about the history of the car and the work he did to make it an awsome Mid -Eleven second car.
On the motor:530 CID(460 bored ) N/A @ 5000#'s, tanish Gold in color ,was a real treat to watch.He made it several rounds to the semi finals.
Bradley G

Nice Marauder!! Man would I love to STUFF 8.7 LITRES under my Marauder's hood! :banana2:

Bradley G
05-17-2005, 10:04 PM
I had troubles getting these on board !Thanks Marty!!!:D :bows:I hope you are feeling better!

I also was adopted, by some mustang guys from Michigan who learned me a lot!:P
One of them was named Greg, his Red stang had 9.1 liters stamped on his hood scoop and in the semi's of super street division sprayed his thumper with a 300 shot!:eek:
To give an idea what a Bad Cats these guy's were,Greg and another dude, stayed up till wee hours, rebuilding another racers trans on a '79 stang for the last day of competion.:rock:
Bradley G

merc406
05-18-2005, 06:35 AM
I had troubles getting these on board !Thanks Marty!!!:D :bows:I hope you are feeling better!

I also was adopted, by some mustang guys from Michigan who learned me a lot!:P
One of them was named Greg, his Red stang had 9.1 liters stamped on his hood scoop and in the semi's of super street division sprayed his thumper with a 300 shot!:eek:
To give an idea what a Bad Cats these guy's were,Greg and another dude, stayed up till wee hours, rebuilding another racers trans on a '79 stang for the last day of competion.:rock:
Bradley G

Any under hood picture's, he runnin a tunnel ram?

Marty, thanks and hope your feelin better.

Bradley G
05-18-2005, 06:56 AM
Sorry, no under hood pics, though Rich did show me his motor.No tunnel ram just open carbs.One cool thing was the origional coolant over-flow was flexible bag with the old Ford script.

When I was standing next to Rich's Marauder ,he hit the LOUD pedal it was like taking a beating,Much like being in a real strong Jaccuzi:eek:
I will remember to get more details ,next turn.:alone:
Bradley G

Any under hood picture's, he runnin a tunnel ram?

Marty, thanks and hope your feelin better.