PDA

View Full Version : 0-60 in 2.4 Seconds! Top Speed 200 MPH

JamesHecker
03-01-2003, 04:23 PM
Well... I got my G-Tech, but based on my results listed above, I think I am having a little trouble calibrating it!

After messing with it more I got a 0-60 in 5.6 seconds with a top speed of 115. I actually only reached about 90MPH so it's still a little optimistic.

I've got the RPM matching my tach, and the shiftpoints are right on, but the rest is still off.

One thing I am not sure of is the weight of the car. I thought it was about 4250 lbs, but the sticker on the door says GVW 5240lbs.

This will obviously make a big difference in the calibration of the unit.

Anybody else bought one of these things yet?

nomad
03-01-2003, 05:48 PM
No experience with those. The weight of the car should be approx. 4200.
The GVW is the fully loaded rating of the vehicle.
I.E., 4 fat people, 3 fat people and 20 cases beer, 5 normal people and luggage, etc.,etc.

vaderv
03-01-2003, 06:10 PM
Mine says shipping weight is 3991 what gives?

RF Overlord
03-01-2003, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by nomad
I.E., 3 fat people and 20 cases beer, 5 normal people and luggage, etc.,etc.

Wait just a cotton-pickin' minute... first I'm OLD, now I'm FAT? ...and a DRUNK?!...

Man, you kids are killin' me... :alone:

nomad
03-01-2003, 06:31 PM
Remember,
We're not fat, we're just not tall enough for our weight!
It's a mighty poor man that can't build a shed over his tools!
It's not fat, it's a sunken chest!
Just more to love, baby!
Yes, I can poke fun, I also have a case of dunlap, too.
My belly's probably the only thing I actually OWN.
:help:

looking97233
03-01-2003, 06:51 PM
I think the dry weight of the MM as stated by Mercury is 4195lbs. Add to this your weight, the weight of anything else in the wehicle, and the weight of how much fuel you have at about 9lbs/gal.

Then you should be just about on.
GVW= Gross Vehicle Weight= the maxium weight of the vehicle, fully loaded.

marauder1
03-01-2003, 07:46 PM
It needs the correct weight of the car to be accurate. Mine is right on after having the car weighed at a local scale. My time & MPH are almost exactly the same as what I run at the track.:coolman:

CRUZTAKER
03-01-2003, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by marauder1
It needs the correct weight of the car to be accurate. Mine is right on after having the car weighed at a local scale. My time & MPH are almost exactly the same as what I run at the track.:coolman:

Thats exactly what I was going to suggest. I drove a truck for awhile, and I know there are plenty of scales out there along major interstates at flying j's and so forth.

marauder1 :
Since you've been there, tell us your weight at stats.

cyclone03
03-01-2003, 08:58 PM
If you go to a public scale and tell the operator you don't need a weight ticket most of the time they won't charge you.
Go inside first,have them weigh the car with and without you in it as a check of the scales low check.I've seen over 400lbs defference just driving on and off the scale! Seems the truck stops normal customers weigh well over 10,000lbs not 4350.

JamesHecker
03-01-2003, 09:02 PM
Can you just pull into any truck scales on the side of the freeway and have them weigh your car?

There is a scale near me on I-5 north of Valencia.

cyclone03
03-02-2003, 11:47 AM
Yea why not?
Just go inside first and tell them you dont need the official cert.They should/may do it for free.
Before you go empty the car,no guff glubs,ball bats,stack of news papers,beer bottles,crack pipes,bing bing,du waa waa..................
In other words just weigh the car and driver.

JamesHecker
03-02-2003, 07:29 PM
Great cyclone. Thanks for the tip!