PDA

View Full Version : Xcal 2 is here

Dennis Reinhart
05-18-2005, 10:01 AM
The new XCal 2 will be released this Friday. I will be taking orders for these starting today. The Price is $375 with 2 programs and USB cable and free ground shipping.

The new XCal 2 work just like older XCal, it will hold your stock program, and can hold up to 3 custom programs, the XCal 2 will flash any EEC V or newer EEC. Unlike the older XCal the new one will have a digital display and you can now read your Trouble codes and clear them, The XCal 2 has a built in Raptor, for data logging this is a great tool

They also have a 5 volt input that can be used for a wide band O2. I will offer a wide band with the XCal 2 with 2 programs for 575.00. This will allow for precise AF corrections and monitoring.These are USB devices so there's no need for a com port to USB adapter anymore like the first version XCal and the 9100.

HookedOnCV
05-18-2005, 10:16 AM
The new XCal 2 will be released this Friday. I will be taking orders for these starting today. The Price is $375 with 2 programs and USB cable and free ground shipping.

The new XCal 2 work just like older XCal, it will hold your stock program, and can hold up to 3 custom programs, the XCal 2 will flash any EEC V or newer EEC. Unlike the older XCal the new one will have a digital display and you can now read your Trouble codes and clear them, The XCal 2 has a built in Raptor, for data logging this is a great tool

They also have a 5 volt input that can be used for a wide band O2. I will offer a wide band with the XCal 2 with 2 programs for 450.00. This will allow for precise AF corrections and monitoring.These are USB devices so there's no need for a com port to USB adapter anymore like the first version XCal and the 9100.

Cool Dennis!!! I've been waiting for these to be released. Anyone want to buy a slightly used SCT Custom 9100 programmer and download cable? :D Is there any upgrade plan from SCT for the 9100 programmers???

The USB port should be faster for downloading into, and the data logging feature (Raptor) is the best on the market from what I hear.

Any difference in price if I don't need any programs from you? I already have the full SCT Pro Racer package.

ckadiddle
05-18-2005, 08:21 PM
Dennis, is the tune that would come in the XCal2 for the Marauder one that you designed and loaded it with, or the one that SCT designed and preloaded ?

Svashtar
05-18-2005, 09:28 PM
Well, between the 1725 and 9100 I have almost $900 invested in SCT tuners. This sounds _really_ cool, but I'm not going to dump the 9100 now. Wish I had the bread and the luxury to do so, as this new one has some cool features. But the 9100 has done a good job for me, and I believe when I get my local SCT tune I should be able to delete the unused 92 octane program on it and free up the slot for the new tune. (?)

By the way, I haven't downloaded any files as yet with my 9100, but it has a COM connection and an AC adapter only. I don't see any COM to USB adapter. (?) Is that something I can buy? Because being able to hook up directly to a USB port would be much more convenient.

Thanks as always for any info!

Norm

SouLRioT
05-19-2005, 04:48 AM
I don't see any COM to USB adapter. (?) Is that something I can buy? Because being able to hook up directly to a USB port would be much more convenient.

Thanks as always for any info!

Norm

You can buy that connector at any computer store. Not sure how much money they are though.

Dennis Reinhart
05-19-2005, 06:09 AM
You can buy that connector at any computer store. Not sure how much money they are though.
You do not need the comport to USB conector with the XACal 2

Dennis Reinhart
05-19-2005, 08:57 PM
Here is a picture of it

http://web.iwebcenters.com/reinhartautomotive/images/session/00-00-1116561258-xcal2.jpg

rocknrod
05-19-2005, 09:10 PM
Not the Xcal 2.......??????

What is it?

Svashtar
05-20-2005, 02:36 PM
Thanks for the info! I'll get one for my 9100 then. My timing sucks. There's always something newer. (And cheaper!)

Regards,

Norm

ckadiddle
05-20-2005, 06:39 PM
Dennis,
Am I correct in assuming that the two tunes included with the $375 package are designed by you and your techies? Please forgive my ignorance.

MENINBLK
05-20-2005, 09:14 PM
You can get a usb to serial adapter from Alex Peper (Car Code) for $28 + free 3 day shipping.
http://www.obd-2.com/dlcnet.html
Main web site
http://www.obd-2.com

Just click on the box to select
"Universal USB to serial port adapter, if laptop has no rs232 male 9 pin serial com. port (no support for single ISO or iMAx) $28"
and select your billing choices,
and then "Click to Check Out"
and follow the prompts.

Most of the adapters I've seen sell for $49.99 in most Computer stores
and are way overpriced for what they do.

Svashtar
05-20-2005, 10:26 PM
You can get a usb to serial adapter from Alex Peper (Car Code) for $28 + free 3 day shipping.
http://www.obd-2.com/dlcnet.html
Main web site
http://www.obd-2.com

Just click on the box to select
"Universal USB to serial port adapter, if laptop has no rs232 male 9 pin serial com. port (no support for single ISO or iMAx) $28"
and select your billing choices,
and then "Click to Check Out"
and follow the prompts.

Most of the adapters I've seen sell for $49.99 in most Computer stores
and are way overpriced for what they do.
Thanks very much. I appreciate you taking the time to post that. That is good info, and you just saved me about $13! They are $40 at Radio Shack. It sucks a bit to have a 9 month old product that costs $150 more and does less, but that's technology for you. The real pioneers got chips and then the tuners came along, so it's a constant progression. Watch and in 5 years they'll have some wireless technology that can remotely flash your PCM directly from the shop!

I have a COM port, but it is way more convenient to use the USB port in front, so thanks again for the link.

I am using Dennis' 91 Octane tune, but plan on taking it to an SCT dyno-tune place after I get my torque converter and meziere pump installed, and getting an updated tune and having it downloaded to my 9100 (I hope). Since I'm not using the 92 octane tune I'll overwrite that one. I believe the 9100 can hold 3 tunes max, including the OEM default.

Regards,

Norm

PAPAJOHN
05-23-2005, 11:33 AM
Dennis,
Am I correct in assuming that the two tunes included with the $375 package are designed by you and your techies? Please forgive my ignorance.
Your not alone in this area ( claiming ignorance) --- I'm waiting to hear the answer too --- what programs does come with it --- is there a difference in the 03/04 program.( trannys different )

Dennis Reinhart
05-23-2005, 11:37 AM
Your not alone in this area ( claiming ignorance) --- I'm waiting to hear the answer too --- what programs does come with it --- is there a difference in the 03/04 program.( trannys different )
Yes if you buythe X cal from me I install our tunning, and we include 2 custom programs, and it comes with our support

PAPAJOHN
05-23-2005, 12:32 PM
Yes if you buythe X cal from me I install our tunning, and we include 2 custom programs, and it comes with our support
Order from your website?

Krytin
05-26-2005, 02:17 PM
Ordered mine yesterday - can't wait!

Svashtar
05-29-2005, 12:28 AM
Ordered mine yesterday - can't wait!
Krytin, what did you do with your old tuner, or did you not have one? If I could unload my 9100 for even a hundred less than I paid for it 6 or 7 months ago, I would get the new one in a heartbeat.

Norm

Krytin
05-29-2005, 02:53 PM
Krytin, what did you do with your old tuner, or did you not have one? If I could unload my 9100 for even a hundred less than I paid for it 6 or 7 months ago, I would get the new one in a heartbeat.

NormThis will be my first - up until now, I was not completely satisfied with any available offerings in my budget. SCT's Pro Racer software was VERY nice but also close to $800.00 if not more!
The Xcal 2 w/data logging, code reading/resetting ability, user tunable w/SCT's Extreme Tune, available input for O2 sensor/AFR and an upgrade package/compatability w/SCT Pro Racer software - at this price, who could pass this up!

gonzo50
06-01-2005, 04:35 PM
Dennis, I recently bought the Xcal-1 from you and I need to know if there is an upgrade or exchange available to get the Xcal-2.

Would like to exchange my Xcal-1 for the Xcal-2, Thanks. :beer:

Dennis Reinhart
06-01-2005, 05:34 PM
As far as I know there is no trade in program with SCT, but I will see what I can do the Xcal2 has been released I should have some tomorrow or Friday, Justin my friend from Velocity performance picked his up and has posted some pictures I asked him if it was ok if I posted them so here they are.

Just got a hold of an X-Cal V2 and used it on my Twin Turbo V6 Mustang. It works great, it reads and clears codes. It flashes faster than any product I've seen before. Its also a high speed OBD2 datalogger, with an aux input for your wideband (so you can log everything together with the SCT Live Link software for your laptop). The datalogging software has guages, graphing, and playback capability, you can manipulate and view the data however you want. If you've used an autotap before this thing is many many times faster. The best part is its USB, so its easy to program, no special cables needed, and its all powered off the USB port.
http://www.vmptuning.com/sct/ttv6xc21.jpg

Here is what you can pull up with the built in data logger

http://www.vmptuning.com/sct/ttv6datalog.jpg

Krytin
06-02-2005, 06:01 PM
Thanks Dennis - now I really can't wait!

Wires
06-03-2005, 05:43 AM
As far as I know there is no trade in program with SCT, but I will see what I can do the Xcal2 has been released I should have some tomorrow or Friday.

Since this one is about the same price as the old one, I wish I had known before I bought it.

But, It wouldn't have been good to drive my car with the wrong speedometer calibration, and I HAD to get the rear axle work done, so I was in a no win situation even if I had known.

This new one looks very nice, but I don't think I could justify buying another, and I don't think anyone would be willing to pay much for an older one, since the new one is basically the same price.

BK_GrandMarquis
06-03-2005, 09:34 AM
Since this one is about the same price as the old one, I wish I had known before I bought it.

But, It wouldn't have been good to drive my car with the wrong speedometer calibration, and I HAD to get the rear axle work done, so I was in a no win situation even if I had known.

This new one looks very nice, but I don't think I could justify buying another, and I don't think anyone would be willing to pay much for an older one, since the new one is basically the same price.
On the SCT forum, there was talk of an upgrade path to the new model. I don't think there are specifics yet.

Dennis Reinhart
06-03-2005, 09:37 AM
UPS just dropped them off along with the lap top cables, they are awsome so I am using one now on the dyno as we speak

Shaft333
06-03-2005, 11:01 AM
OH so tempting... it's not just a performance mod, but a very important and necessary maintainance tool....

:P

Dennis Reinhart
06-15-2005, 10:10 PM
As far as I know there is no trade in program with SCT, but I will see what I can do the Xcal2 has been released I should have some tomorrow or Friday, Justin my friend from Velocity performance picked his up and has posted some pictures I asked him if it was ok if I posted them so here they are.

Just got a hold of an X-Cal V2 and used it on my Twin Turbo V6 Mustang. It works great, it reads and clears codes. It flashes faster than any product I've seen before. Its also a high speed OBD2 datalogger, with an aux input for your wideband (so you can log everything together with the SCT Live Link software for your laptop). The datalogging software has guages, graphing, and playback capability, you can manipulate and view the data however you want. If you've used an autotap before this thing is many many times faster. The best part is its USB, so its easy to program, no special cables needed, and its all powered off the USB port.
http://www.vmptuning.com/sct/ttv6xc21.jpg

Here is what you can pull up with the built in data logger

http://www.vmptuning.com/sct/ttv6datalog.jpgSCT We'll be adding standalone datalogging to the XC2 too in the near future, so you can datalog without a laptop. You can view data on the screen, and/or save the data for downloading to a PC later. All XC2's will get this feature when it's released. You just need to run the XC2LiveUpdate program to update the firmware on the device.