PDA

View Full Version : UPS does not know where my s/c is

txmarauder
05-18-2005, 06:11 PM
My girlfriend sat home all day in the living room by the front door from 7 am till 7 pm waiting on my s/c kit. I went on the ups web site to track it and it says that 1 of the packages is delivered and the other one is resceduled for tomarrow. I call girl and she says that she has no package and no one came by. I call ups and they say that the drivers notes says accepted by a woman for 1 package and that the woman did not have the funds for the cod for the other package, they confirmed my address and name so i told them to hold the other package at the distribution center and i will pick up that one tomarrow with the cod. they told me that it will be tomarrow before they can tell me the address of the woman that accepted the first package. Nothing worse than having $6k worth of parts being delivered to the wrong house and not knowing where.

Merc-O-matic
05-18-2005, 06:13 PM
My girlfriend sat home all day in the living room by the front door from 7 am till 7 pm waiting on my s/c kit. I went on the ups web site to track it and it says that 1 of the packages is delivered and the other one is resceduled for tomarrow. I call girl and she says that she has no package and no one came by. I call ups and they say that the drivers notes says accepted by a woman for 1 package and that the woman did not have the funds for the cod for the other package, they confirmed my address and name so i told them to hold the other package at the distribution center and i will pick up that one tomarrow with the cod. they told me that it will be tomarrow before they can tell me the address of the woman that accepted the first package. Nothing worse than having $6k worth of parts being delivered to the wrong house and not knowing where.

"What can BROWN do for you today?"

Hopefully find the right address..... :bigcry:

jgc61sr2002
05-18-2005, 06:15 PM
Doesn't sound right to me. :( Who would pay for a package they didn't order?

MarauderMark
05-18-2005, 06:24 PM
Some poor old lady with a GM is gonna be on the streets S/ced..:burn:

Tallboy
05-18-2005, 06:31 PM
Doesn't sound right. I didn't think UPS would take a partial C.O.D. payment.
And, like jgc said, who would pay for a package they didn't order?

On the other hand, if UPS shows up at my door tomorrow, and says "I've got your Trilogy supercharger here, all I need is the C.O.D. payment", he'll get a couple crisp $100 bills presssed into his palm and will be told to keep the change.;)

Bluerauder
05-18-2005, 06:37 PM
Doesn't sound right to me. :( Who would pay for a package they didn't order?
Hope you sort out your missing S/C ...........

I was on the receiving end of such a mistake about 3 months ago. I came home from work and there was a small 12"x12"x12" box on the porch that weighed some 67 pounds !!! Along with it was a UPS "collect on delivery" sticker that said $2,750.00 was due. I didn't order anything at all.

I checked the tracking number on the UPS site and strangely the package looked like it originated at Dulles Airport. No other identified shipper on the box at all except for some letters like a company acronym.

When I contacted UPS, I was told that it was really 2 boxes and that another 15 pound box was the one that was the COD for $2750.00.

Needless to say .... I cancelled the bogus delivery and arranged for them to pick up the heavy box the next day.

Really odd .......... I was tempted to notify the police or security 'cause it just seemed so darned Odd. :rolleyes:

MarauderMark
05-18-2005, 06:53 PM
Hope you sort out your missing S/C ...........

I was on the receiving end of such a mistake about 3 months ago. I came home from work and there was a small 12"x12"x12" box on the porch that weighed some 67 pounds !!! Along with it was a UPS "collect on delivery" sticker that said $2,750.00 was due. I didn't order anything at all.

I checked the tracking number on the UPS site and strangely the package looked like it originated at Dulles Airport. No other identified shipper on the box at all except for some letters like a company acronym.

When I contacted UPS, I was told that it was really 2 boxes and that another 15 pound box was the one that was the COD for $2750.00.

Needless to say .... I cancelled the bogus delivery and arranged for them to pick up the heavy box the next day.

Really odd .......... I was tempted to notify the police or security 'cause it just seemed so darned Odd. :rolleyes:

Heh reminds me of a time a package was on my porch when i got home from work with someone elses name and address on it .Heavy box too.so i took it in opened it up all kinds of craftsmans tools sockets ,wrenches and a bag too..needless to say the ups guy came back to collect i said i never had seen nothing on my porch and didnt know what he was talking about and that was that.. :D

txmarauder
05-18-2005, 07:50 PM
The person that accepted the package only got one package and not the other because of the cod. Luckily a NICE person on the street behind me came buy and said i think this is yours, it had my name and address. What pisses me off is my street is parkhill and his street is biscayne but the same #s so how do you mix that up. Well all is good for now i called the 800 # and told them to hold the other package and i will pick it up tomarrow now watch they will still try to deliver it tomarrow while i am at work and no one home.

Shaft333
05-19-2005, 05:53 AM
Ask your neighbors. Worth a shot.

One time I tracked a package that was delivered... just not to me. (it was a book so it wasn't much cash) I called the shipper - they sent me a new one right away....
then my neighbor came by a few days later and apologized for not bringing it by sooner. The UPS guy delivered it to her in trust that she'd bring it to me.

Smokie
05-19-2005, 06:01 AM
The person that accepted the package only got one package and not the other because of the cod. Luckily a NICE person on the street behind me came buy and said i think this is yours, it had my name and address. What pisses me off is my street is parkhill and his street is biscayne but the same #s so how do you mix that up. Well all is good for now i called the 800 # and told them to hold the other package and i will pick it up tomarrow now watch they will still try to deliver it tomarrow while i am at work and no one home.There is some kind of deep dumb ass syndrome going on there, the person that recieved it could read your name and address on the package but the UPS man could not ? That is what happens when you are rushing around trying to meet a delivery quota.

duhtroll
05-19-2005, 06:18 AM
When you get in a hurry all the streets can look the same.

If the person is honest you'll have it back soon. If not, did they have to sign for it?

-A

Al Goguen
05-19-2005, 09:17 AM
If not, that is considered stealing. JUst like people that think because they
find a bag of money on the road that fell out of a vehicle its theirs.; Its
not and if you keep it? Its stealing and they should be prosecuted IMHO..:mad:
This kind of attitude really bugs me..............

Heh reminds me of a time a package was on my porch when i got home from work with someone elses name and address on it .Heavy box too.so i took it in opened it up all kinds of craftsmans tools sockets ,wrenches and a bag too..needless to say the ups guy came back to collect i said i never had seen nothing on my porch and didnt know what he was talking about and that was that.. :D

txmarauder
05-19-2005, 06:45 PM
Went and picked up my other box-o-super-charger parts and did the inventory, all is well. I will be doing the install a couple of hours a night since i have to go to work and school. I will keep you posted.:)

BillyGman
05-19-2005, 08:27 PM
Went and picked up my other box-o-super-charger parts and did the inventory, all is well. I will be doing the install a couple of hours a night since i have to go to work and school. I will keep you posted.:)Let me know if you have any questions about the installation. It's best if you look through the entire manaul a day or two before you start.

txmarauder
05-20-2005, 02:25 PM
Yeah I already read it and the only hard part is grinding down the knock sensor bosses and trying to find someone to help set the s/c on and start #8 bolt at the same time. I will let you know if i need anything, Thanks. Greg

BillyGman
05-20-2005, 03:04 PM
Yeah I already read it and the only hard part is grinding down the knock sensor bosses and trying to find someone to help set the s/c on and start #8 bolt at the same time. I will let you know if i need anything, Thanks. GregGrinding down those two bosses are no big deal. it's easier than it looks. it's only made of aluminum, so it's relatively soft metal. I used a cut-off wheel on a Dremel tool to cut the part off that needed to be. The manual gives you a dimension of how much is to be removed, and so I just used a scale to measure from the tops of the bosses,and marked them with a marker drawing a line all the way around them, and just cut them right on that line, and it worked fine. dremel tools don't have much power, so it I went through a few cut-off wheels doing it, but it wasn't bad at all.

If you have any big problems with that one supercharger mounting bolt, then just grind the beginning of it to a point, and that will help you thread it in the hole. I was having a bit of a problem with that one myself, and my brother happen to show up, and ground the bolt down for me, and it worked great.

txmarauder
05-20-2005, 07:50 PM
Thanks Billy I worked on it a couple of hours today. Did step by step and got done with cutting the bosses and test fit the intake, all seems good so far. I wont be able to work on it till Sunday, I have to work tomarrow. I will keep you posted. Greg

BillyGman
05-20-2005, 11:14 PM
Thanks Billy I worked on it a couple of hours today. Did step by step and got done with cutting the bosses and test fit the intake, all seems good so far. I wont be able to work on it till Sunday, I have to work tomarrow. I will keep you posted. GregThat sounds great Greg. It's difficult to even understand why, but I'm psyched up just hearing about it, and I could hardly wait until you post another update on your progress, and especially after your first test drive!!!

I guess it's because I remember how it was for me the first day that I completed the installation on my own car. It was such an incredible metamorphosis that took place which amazed me from the very first time that I hit the go pedal. I remember that I really began getting pumped up once I got the supercharger and intercooler assembly mounted on top of the engine. It began to look faster!!! Keep us updated!!!

DEFYANT
05-20-2005, 11:23 PM
Grinding down those two bosses are no big deal. it's easier than it looks. it's only made of aluminum, so it's relatively soft metal. I used a cut-off wheel on a Dremel tool to cut the part off that needed to be. The manual gives you a dimension of how much is to be removed, and so I just used a scale to measure from the tops of the bosses,and marked them with a marker drawing a line all the way around them, and just cut them right on that line, and it worked fine. dremel tools don't have much power, so it I went through a few cut-off wheels doing it, but it wasn't bad at all.

If you have any big problems with that one supercharger mounting bolt, then just grind the beginning of it to a point, and that will help you thread it in the hole. I was having a bit of a problem with that one myself, and my brother happen to show up, and ground the bolt down for me, and it worked great.
This was the only part of the job I did not like! It was no big deal, I just didnt enjoy grinding things down like that! :D

txmarauder
05-21-2005, 11:45 AM
Yeah I did not like the grinding part either, to get the initial 3/16 cut i nicked the girdle next to the boss so I had to grind the nick smooth so not to create a weak spot. I think that will be the most difficult part of the install along with cleaning up all the metal shavings which took longer than cutting the bosses.

Logan
05-21-2005, 03:26 PM
High power shop vac did that trick for me.

The other thing I did was tape over all the potential engine openings... Once they were taped solidly shut, and the grinding was over... The shop vac sucked all the crap away lickedy split...

BillyGman
05-21-2005, 05:36 PM
High power shop vac did that trick for me.

The other thing I did was tape over all the potential engine openings... Once they were taped solidly shut, and the grinding was over... The shop vac sucked all the crap away lickedy split...Yep, that's exactly the way that I did too.

txmarauder
05-21-2005, 06:18 PM
I used the shop vac, but with the coolant in the valley from the water pump tube removal it made alumimud so after the vac got as much as it could i wiped everything with a damp rag. I cant wait to get off shift tomarrow, i read the manual for what i want to get done so it should go pretty smooth. I just want to get the s/c torqued down tomarrow since my girlfriend will be there to help. Then after school on Monday i will work on it some more, Trying to get it done by next Sat. I will keep you posted. Greg

BillyGman
05-22-2005, 01:09 AM
Greg, are you going to use new lower intake manifold gaskets? The manual says that you can use the old ones, and they're supposed to be re-useable, but I bought two new ones ahead of time from the parts department of the dealer, because my thinking was that if I'm going to engage in this job that's going to take me several days to complete, and I've spent $6K for the kit, then I don't want to have to open everything up again because of a leaking intake manifold gasket(s). And to buy the pair of them was only about $20 if I remember right.

txmarauder
05-22-2005, 06:30 AM
No i didnt buy the new gaskets yet, I will look at the old ones today and if they are bad i will. When i asked for a part # here Tallboy and Carfixer said that they have done several and have not had a problem. I wish the kit came with a gasket for the s/c to lower intake instead of the sealant so i would not have to worry about aligning the s/c up perfectly as i set it on the intake. Well time to work on the car, I will let you know what i get done today. Greg

BillyGman
05-22-2005, 08:52 AM
No i didnt buy the new gaskets yet, I will look at the old ones today and if they are bad i will. When i asked for a part # here Tallboy and Carfixer said that they have done several and have not had a problem. I wish the kit came with a gasket for the s/c to lower intake instead of the sealant so i would not have to worry about aligning the s/c up perfectly as i set it on the intake. Well time to work on the car, I will let you know what i get done today. GregGreg, the new intake manifold that comes with the Trilogy supercharger kit has a dowel sticking out of the top of it that the supercharger fits right over. So all is you have to do when lowering the supercharger/intercooler assembly down unto the engine is align it with that protruting dowel that's on top of the manifold. There's no other way that it will go on.

As far as the intake manifold gaskets go, my thinking is that just because they don't leak as soon as you get everything together, nor even a few hundred miles later, doesn't mean that they will last as long as two new gaskets will, and it's a big enough job as it is without having to go in back in there 6 months or a year from now just to have to replace those gaskets. But maybe it's just that I tend to be analytical. they are said to be re-usable. I just don't like to re-use any gaskets because I don't like doing a job twice.

txmarauder
05-22-2005, 05:32 PM
Well the s/c is bolted down and torqued, all that silicone scares me. I would much rather see a paper gasket. I will work on it after school tomarrow for about 3 more hours. I could not find the fitting to go on the intake for the boost gauge, luckily i had a spare. Let you know what i get done then.

BillyGman
05-22-2005, 11:50 PM
OOOOOHHHH........you're getting close my friend!!!! Pretty soon you'll be burning up the streets!!!!! be sure to plug in the computer chip that came with the kit BEFORE you start up the engine!!!! It's also a good time to change your oil, oil filter, and AIR filter too. That's what I did......I also used the same yellow type coolant in the intercooler system that came from the factory in my radiator. Although I'm sure that it doesn't matter whether you use the green or the yellow.

txmarauder
05-23-2005, 06:23 PM
Well I got the i/c res. bolted in, next is to plumb the i/c system. I have to go to school in the morning and work at night then school on wedns. morning so i wont be able to work on it till Wedn. night. I hope to still get it done on Sat. if all goes well. Did your old intake have oil in it, mine does. Where did you get the yellow antifreeze and the awsf22 plugs. I will update you Wed. night. Greg

BillyGman
05-23-2005, 08:53 PM
Well I got the i/c res. bolted in, next is to plumb the i/c system. I have to go to school in the morning and work at night then school on wedns. morning so i wont be able to work on it till Wedn. night. I hope to still get it done on Sat. if all goes well. Did your old intake have oil in it, mine does. Where did you get the yellow antifreeze and the awsf22 plugs. I will update you Wed. night. GregI don't remember my old intake having any oil in it, but Todd (aka "TAF") can correct me on that if he sees this thread since I ended up giving it to him. How many miles are on your car? I only had 11,000 on mine at the time of the supercharger installation, so maybe that's why I didn't see any oil in the intake. If you have a lot of miles, now might be a good time to also check your PCV valve, and replace it if neccessary. I bought the yellow anti-freeze as well as the plugs from the parts dpeartment at my local dealer. But they didn't have those plugs in stock, and i had to wait a day for them. So you might want to call them tomorrow about that.

txmarauder
05-24-2005, 04:14 AM
Thanks, miles is only 14k there was quite a bit of oil residue i had to clean the t/b out as well.

BillyGman
05-24-2005, 08:38 AM
I suggest you call Lidio and ask him about that today.

txmarauder
05-25-2005, 07:46 PM
Hey Billy, another 5 hrs of work done on the s/c. I am sooooo close. I skipped a couple of steps so i could do them together because i need to move the car out of the garage. Here is what i have left:Fuel pump amp, boost gauge, install splash shield, i/c wiring, alternator harness, rad hose to crossover tube, rad sight shield, and fill all fluids and final checks. Got the spark plugs today, 32 bucks but i needed them. I might be able to work on it tomarrow after school but it should be done on sat. at the latest if everything goes right. I will let you know. Greg

BillyGman
05-25-2005, 08:06 PM
:woohoo: good good....this is getting interesting... on the alternator wiring harness, the thing about it is that because it's such a thick wire, the metal terminal is a very heavy gauge, and I had a tough time crimping it completely. I think you would have to put the thing in a vise in order to crimp it completely, but that cannot be done for both sides of the terminal since you have to crimp one end while it's already under the hood (you'll see what I mean). The wire was still loose after I crimped it. So my brother soldered the wire to the terminal, and it came out really good. So you might want to do that. I'm not sure if I already mentioned this to you or not, but if you removed the stock alternator pulley and replaced it yourself, make sure that pulley nut is Gorilla tight. It should be done with a good impact gun(not just an air ratchet). If you don't have one, then you should bring the alternator to a place that does whewre they can tighten it good for you. otherwise that pulley will come loose from the torque of the engine, and you'll have to mess with it again later (that happened to me:rolleyes: ).

As for the fuel pump amplifier (the "boost-A-Pump" thing that has to be mounted inside the trunk) if you mount it where the manual shows it being mounted in the picture(which is probably the best way) remember when you're drilling the holes for it that the gas tank probably isn't too far away (the gas tank on Marauders isn't laying down flat like it is on most cars, but instead it stands up), so I wouldn't use a super long drill bit if I were you. I didn't have any problems with doing that though, and maybe I'm just being a worry wart, I dunno. But I just thought I'd mention that for what it's worth. I know there's some type of heavy insulation behind the metal brace inside the trunk that you'll be drilling into, so when your drill bit pokes through, it will hit the insulation first. That might even be above where the tank reaches to anyway. I'm not sure. maybe even if you did keep going with the drill bit, you would eventually go into the back seat. but either way, better safe then sorry. as soon as the bit poles through the metal, then lay off the drill motor.;)

DEFYANT
05-27-2005, 09:36 PM
There is alot of good info in this thread that will prob. be lost since the thread title is not about Trilogy instalations.

Is there any way to fix that?

MARAUDER S/C #5
05-27-2005, 11:28 PM
There is alot of good info in this thread that will prob. be lost since the thread title is not about Trilogy instalations.

Is there any way to fix that?
The thread title was not about Trilogy installations because the thread was originally about the delivery of a Trilogy kit not the installation of a kit. :rolleyes: But like most threads it was derailed.:dunno: And now its about how much you can trust some one you don't actually know........:hmmm:

MARAUDER S/C #5
05-27-2005, 11:33 PM
If not, that is considered stealing. JUst like people that think because they
find a bag of money on the road that fell out of a vehicle its theirs.; Its
not and if you keep it? Its stealing and they should be prosecuted IMHO..:mad:
This kind of attitude really bugs me..............
Ditto ....................:mad2:

BillyGman
05-28-2005, 12:09 AM
The thread title was not about Trilogy installations because the thread was originally about the delivery of a Trilogy kit not the installation of a kit. :rolleyes: But like most threads it was derailed.:dunno: And now its about how much you can trust some one you don't actually know........:hmmm: Woe Rick...you must have the shotgun out here....surely you don't object to me (or anyone else for that matter) posting some simple tips that might help others who are involved with self-installations of their Trilogy kits.:confused:

MARAUDER S/C #5
05-28-2005, 12:22 AM
Woe Rick...you must have the shotgun out here....surely you don't object to me (or anyone else for that matter) posting some simple tips that might help others who are involved with self-installations of their Trilogy kits.:confused:No Billy, I object to someone wanting to change the title of someone else's thread.

BillyGman
05-28-2005, 01:16 AM
No Billy, I object to to someone wanting to change the title of someone else's thread.And in your eyes, is that what I've done?

MARAUDER S/C #5
05-28-2005, 07:38 AM
No Billy, check post #35 & #38. ;)

BillyGman
05-28-2005, 11:32 AM
No Billy, check post #35 & #38. ;)Oh, okay Rick. I must say, it really takes some extra effort to communicate via the written word. it's so easy to misunderstand someone. Thanks for the explanation Rick. I saw defyant's post too, but I guess that I just took differently. But looking at it again, I guess he was implying that the thread title should be changed. :)

Defyant, I suppose you can always copy & paste the posts in here that you believe to be informative, and place them in a new thread with another more specific title. Just a thought.

txmarauder
05-28-2005, 10:57 PM
Yeah:beer: It is about time.