PDA

View Full Version : Lidio's two Mustangs

bigslim
05-18-2005, 08:23 PM
Out at the car Russ Miliane had Lidio displayed his two Mustangs. He has now put the Vortec Supercharger on his 2005 Mustang. Here are some pictures. By the way, he had the rear wheels widened too. Lidio said that he would comment on the progress of this car when he got home from seeing "Star Wars" tonight.

bigslim
05-18-2005, 08:24 PM
Here is his "fast-as-a-bullit" 2004 Mach I. Yes that is Whipple Supercharger under the Shaker Hood. By the way, that is Dave's lovely daughter playing Vanna White.

stevengerard
05-18-2005, 08:33 PM
I love his new Stang, didn't he have different wheels on it a few weeks back?

MarauderMark
05-18-2005, 08:37 PM

They are some sweet lookin pieces..

bigslim
05-18-2005, 08:37 PM
Same wheels, just had them widen to help with the new found power.

BillyGman
05-25-2005, 01:52 PM
Same wheels, just had them widen to help with the new found power.So then what width are his back wheels now, and exactly what size tires does he have?

Lidio
05-25-2005, 06:04 PM
Sorry I didn’t respond to this thread sooner....

The rear rims on the 05 GT are now widened from 8.5" up to 10.5" with no spacers on the hub. It all went in with no problems. The tire is once again a Continental tire that is now a 315/35/20. I found out not to long ago that the 315/35 they make has the same exact diameter as the 275/40 they offer that I had on the car the last three months or so. Because I refuse to have less then a 20" rim on the car and their are no drag radials for 20's... I basically am trying to fit as much standard non drag radials on the back as I can so I don’t have to worry about traction. So far its working good.

Thanks

BillyGman
05-25-2005, 06:24 PM
Thanks for the info Lidio. ;)

Smokie
05-25-2005, 06:31 PM
. He has now put the Vortec Supercharger.... Vortec?! Lidio?, Vortec?, Centrifugal ? Oh my God !!!! I am so confused.....:confused:

Tallboy
05-25-2005, 06:34 PM
Vortec?! Lidio?, Vortec?, Centrifugal ? Oh my God !!!! I am so confused.....:confused:
There, there, Smokie, it's ok. Lidio put the centrifugal on the Mustang. All is well.:)

FiveO
05-25-2005, 06:36 PM
Simply awesome cars.

Very sharp Lidio!

Nice pics Slim!

BillyGman
05-25-2005, 06:46 PM
Vortec?! Lidio?, Vortec?, Centrifugal ? Oh my God !!!! I am so confused.....:confused:Why be confused? The man has it all. He has a roots type on his Marauder, a Twin-screw on his Mach I, and a centrifugal on his GT. It must be nice to have one of each.

Smokie
05-25-2005, 06:59 PM
There, there, Smokie, it's ok. Lidio put the centrifugal on the Mustang. All is well.:)I may have to take a nerve pill...or maybe have a Bacardi and Coke... or two.:lol:

SergntMac
05-25-2005, 07:05 PM
Yeah, but Jeeze...So much 411 overload in one post,Jeeze!

I'm with Javier. Vortech...Lidio...Michigan...B igSlim...Detroit...Ford, Vortech, Ford, Lidio, Ford, Mustang, Vortech, good Gawd! So much to absorb from one post? Okay, two? I still cannot connect these dots, K, I have to go lay down now.

mahjhsdoety89psdfzy6uz9i195785 67235450-3-28dnngf g!!!!

Whew! I feel like I'm 14 again, and about to loose my cherry to Ms. Margaret-wants to-be-a-nun-Mary, in the back seat of my father's '56 Lincoln Premier! It all happened so fast!

Talk amongst yourselves, I need to rest...

Rider90
05-25-2005, 07:10 PM
I feel like I'm 14 again, and about to loose my cherry to Ms. Margaret-wants to-be-a-nun-Mary, in the back seat of my father's '56 Lincoln Premier! It all happened so fast!
:eek: :tmi: :run:

Jerry Barnes
05-25-2005, 07:14 PM
Nice job Slim.

Lidio with a what??????? Vortec! I'm grabbing my chest, bring the crash cart!

Lid's cars are great and FassssssssT!

See you on Saturday Lidio!!

Jerry

BillyGman
05-25-2005, 07:14 PM
I sure would like to see a vid of his 10 second Mach I at the track. Although I think that the 05 GT looks a lot nicer (IMO).

MI2QWK4U
05-25-2005, 07:17 PM
Not sure why folks are suprised. Lidio was one of the handfull of vortech dealers over a decade ago. No big secret that he made his name installing vortechs on mustangs for so long. Mustangs are lighter, and the vortech is a natural match. What you need to understand is Lid knows his stuff, isnt influenced by forum politics or debates, he selects the best setup for the car and the application. Mustangs respond well with the centrifugal blower, he knows that, just like he felt the Eaton was the best call for the Marauder. My hat is off to him for doing what he does so well.

Smokie
05-25-2005, 07:17 PM
Nice job Slim.

Lidio with a what??????? Vortec! I'm grabbing my chest, bring the crash cart!

Lid's cars are great and FassssssssT!

See you on Saturday Lidio!!

Jerry
I like fast.:run: one day soon....;)

BillyGman
05-25-2005, 07:23 PM
I'm sure that it's in the best interest of Lidio as well as his customers for him to have one of each. I mean if an engine tuner like Lidio is going to have three supercharged cars, then it simply stands to reason that he have one of each of the three different types of superchargers since he can use all three of them as test mules to even gain more knowledge about the latest tricks in the tuning of all three so that he can best serve ALL of his customers regardless of what their choice in superchargers is.

Smokie
05-25-2005, 07:24 PM
Billy, don't be so serious, it's a joke...smile.:D

03whitemach
05-25-2005, 07:30 PM
Here is his "fast-as-a-bullit" 2004 Mach I. Yes that is Whipple Supercharger under the Shaker Hood. Unless he changed it after venting the block, he has a Kenne Bell 2.2L on the Mach with 18 Psi of boost. There is a nice write-up about it and Lidio in MM&FF this month. It talks about a 10.9 and a 10.8 in the Mach.

03whitemach
05-25-2005, 07:31 PM
I need a tuner and a Mechanic like him in Tampa.

BillyGman
05-25-2005, 07:32 PM
Billy, don't be so serious, it's a joke...smile.:DWhat's that? Uhmm, do I have to???? :confused:

BillyGman
05-25-2005, 07:35 PM
I need a tuner and a Mechanic like him in Tampa.Yeah, I hope that the guys in Michigan know how good they have it. Thanks for the tip about that article. I'll have to check it out. ;)

03whitemach
05-25-2005, 07:38 PM
Yeah, I hope that the guys in Michigan know how good they have it. Thanks for the tip about that article. I'll have to check it out. ;)No problem. I have Dennis down here, but he is still a couple of hours away.

bigslim
05-25-2005, 09:19 PM
Yeah, but Jeeze...So much 411 overload in one post,Jeeze!

I'm with Javier. Vortech...Lidio...Michigan...B igSlim...Detroit...Ford, Vortech, Ford, Lidio, Ford, Mustang, Vortech, good Gawd! So much to absorb from one post? Okay, two? I still cannot connect these dots, K, I have to go lay down now.

mahjhsdoety89psdfzy6uz9i195785 67235450-3-28dnngf g!!!!

Whew! I feel like I'm 14 again, and about to loose my cherry to Ms. Margaret-wants to-be-a-nun-Mary, in the back seat of my father's '56 Lincoln Premier! It all happened so fast!

Talk amongst yourselves, I need to rest...
You feel 14 again? Is it 1940 all over again? :P

bigslim
05-25-2005, 09:21 PM
Unless he changed it after venting the block, he has a Kenne Bell 2.2L on the Mach with 18 Psi of boost. There is a nice write-up about it and Lidio in MM&FF this month. It talks about a 10.9 and a 10.8 in the Mach.
OOPS! Sorry! I meant Kenne Bell!!!! :o

03whitemach
05-26-2005, 04:57 AM
OOPS! Sorry! I meant Kenne Bell!!!! :o
No problem we'll let it slide this time..LOL

Lidio
05-26-2005, 07:46 PM
Right now the 05 GT does have a totally out of the box 8psi Vortech kit with the exception of the tune which of course I did my own with SCT. Believe it or not I can not give you guys or post a rear wheel HP number on the 05 now that it has a Blower on it.

The reason for not having a RWHP number is that I decided to tune this car old school. What I mean is that I did not at all in any way tune it on my own DynoJet Chassis dyno yet. I know it sounds different but I have my reasons.
I’ve recently heard that other tuners and blower companies have been blowing up or breaking their 05 GT test mules once the have a blower installed.
Like I’ve always said with modern 4.6L’s…. With moderate boost levels as long as you absolutely don’t detonate them, they will live for a long time. So because detonation typically cannot be heard on a chassis dyno and I don’t stake every thing on knock sensors, I decided to leave the stock exhaust on it for now ( cause its not to loud and all 2.5” any way) and simply tune on the street or rear world where I could truly feel and hear the real nuts & blots of this new 3-valve as I progressed in tuning it with boost.
So far its working out real good and it feels great with the slightly looser stock converter I have in it. When the Vortech went on it, I removed the electric water pump I tested and left on about two months ago and I also removed a under drive crank pulley and a very effective C&L air box, filter and MAF package. I feel by removing these I took back off about 25-30 RWHP!!! The car had gone a very best of 12.92 at 106mph one time in FL back in March. Once I got back to MI the best it would do was a ton of 13.05’s at 104mph no matter where I went locally.

With the Vortech I’ve already been to the track twice and I’m not sure if what its already run in the ¼ is respectable for what’s done to the car ( sorry I’m jaded some times). Basically the list of mods done to the car is simple now…. 8 psi of Vortech and a 3300 rpm stall converter, that’s it…. The 3.55’s in the axle are a wash over the stock 3.30’s because my rear tires are 1.5” taller then the stock tire. So essentially it has the stock final drive ratio still.

Its now gone 12.30s at 111mph. At a glance it would seem like not such a big gain from 13.0’s, but I took about 25 RWHP back out of it with those couple of other bolt ons I mentioned that helped it while NA but had to be removed for the Vortech install. Plus with out trying to sound full of excuses the last two times I’ve gone out with it with the blower, the out side temps have now been getting into the mid 70’s where as the last few times it went out with no blower, the temps where in the mid to high 50’s every time except in FL. So to some extent I’m going into it and following crappier air now that we’re heading into summer time. In the big picture, I’m not totally bummed so far with these results. Stock automatic 05 GTs supposedly run 14.2’s to 13.8’s, I couldn’t base line mine back in Februray here because no tracks were open. So essentially with only an 8 psi non intercooled Vortech and 3300 stall its almost 2 seconds quicker then stock.

Once again not trying to sound full of excuses but my 20” wheels and tires are about 18lbs each more weight in the front and about 30lbs each more weight then stock in the rears. My now 315/35/20 rear rim and tire combo weigh about 80lbs each!!! And this is the way I intend to always run it now, the same way it goes down the street. It weighs 3750 with me and ¾ fuel in it.

As soon as I work on some more fuel system stuff I intend to sneak up on about 10-11psi and eventually play with exhaust and gearing. I’d like to see mid to high 11’s on strictly 93 octane. This is about all I think the little 5-speed automatic will take.

martyo
05-27-2005, 02:48 AM
I’d like to see mid to high 11’s on strictly 93 octane. This is about all I think the little 5-speed automatic will take.

And watch as even more people beat a path to Lidio's door!

Nice work Lidio!

03whitemach
05-27-2005, 04:48 AM
Lidio, have you ever thought about moving to the Tampa area? LOL
We could use a person like you around here.

Smokie
05-27-2005, 07:35 AM
Lidio, have you ever thought about moving to the Tampa area? LOL
We could use a person like you around here.That would be great. No more shoveling snow Lidio.:D

0d3llGT
06-22-2005, 03:22 PM
I had a ? on the tires on the Mach 1

I know you have the stock 17x8 rim up front, w/the 10.5 in the rear, widened, w/315/35/17

what size tire is on the front? 245/40 or 45 ??

Is it better to have a 17x8 rim on the front, instead of a 17x9 ??

I want new rims, and can get 8s or 9s in the front, w/10.5s in the rear. Just wondering what would be best for the street...???

Lidio
06-22-2005, 09:02 PM
I had a ? on the tires on the Mach 1

I know you have the stock 17x8 rim up front, w/the 10.5 in the rear, widened, w/315/35/17

what size tire is on the front? 245/40 or 45 ??

Is it better to have a 17x8 rim on the front, instead of a 17x9 ??

I want new rims, and can get 8s or 9s in the front, w/10.5s in the rear. Just wondering what would be best for the street...???

The front tires and rims are 100% Stock... 245/45/17. Personally I think 17X9's would be better with a 275/40's like the 03 Cobra's started coming with, but I'm not looking to make any more changes or spend more money on the Mach-1 right now.

Thanks

0d3llGT
06-23-2005, 05:10 AM
The front tires and rims are 100% Stock... 245/45/17. Personally I think 17X9's would be better with a 275/40's like the 03 Cobra's started coming with, but I'm not looking to make any more changes or spend more money on the Mach-1 right now.

Thanks
Thanks Lidio!