PDA

View Full Version : Question for the exhaust experts.

oldekid
05-19-2005, 04:39 AM
I spoke to a guy at Ford Racing yesterday about dual mode mufflers for my stock MM. He made it sound like they would fit. I thought I read somewhere here that they didn't.

I know this topic is old, but I like the concept of the dual modes, and would really like to try them. I'm totally ignorant about the subject, but I just want a better sound (without going to headers right now).

My next question is. . . . if they do fit, is their a great advantage in going with an X-pipe? Then, I guess you need delete tips to get the full effect. . . right?

I'd appreciate input from anyone who has tried them regarding the sound, and their satisfaction with the setup in general.

SouLRioT
05-19-2005, 04:45 AM
I spoke to a guy at Ford Racing yesterday about dual mode mufflers for my stock MM. He made it sound like they would fit. I thought I read somewhere here that they didn't.

I know this topic is old, but I like the concept of the dual modes, and would really like to try them. I'm totally ignorant about the subject, but I just want a better sound (without going to headers right now).

My next question is. . . . if they do fit, is their a great advantage in going with an X-pipe? Then, I guess you need delete tips to get the full effect. . . right?

I'd appreciate input from anyone who has tried them regarding the sound, and their satisfaction with the setup in general.

The short answer is that they do fit. If your able to come down next month for the Dyno day you'll beable to hear them on TMac's car. X-Pipe helps with the flow of the exhaust, while the delete tips just will make the sound louder.

oldekid
05-19-2005, 05:24 AM
The short answer is that they do fit. If your able to come down next month for the Dyno day you'll beable to hear them on TMac's car. X-Pipe helps with the flow of the exhaust, while the delete tips just will make the sound louder.So, if I couldn't make it to the Dyno day, would you still be able to tell me if they sound good on TMac's car?. . . or is this a bribe? :nono:

I did PM him, but haven't heard back yet.

BillyGman
05-19-2005, 07:20 AM
So, if I couldn't make it to the Dyno day, would you still be able to tell me if they sound good on TMac's car?. . . or is this a bribe? :nono:

I did PM him, but haven't heard back yet.You must not have PM'd him on this board, because he's been banned.

oldekid
05-19-2005, 07:41 AM
You must not have PM'd him on this board, because he's been banned.Thanks BillyGman, I just checked my sent files, and you are correct. . . it didn't go. Thanks for the update, guess I need to keep up with things here.

Dennis Reinhart
05-19-2005, 08:16 AM

I have these in stock but never installed them

shakes_26
05-19-2005, 09:01 AM
The FRPP dual mode mufflers sounds great on Tmac's car. I'm going to go with these for my car when I do the exhaust.

They require some extra install work, because they have a center inlet, center outlet (as I understood it), not an offset like the factory setup. Just need the muffler shop to make a custom inlet tube or outlet tube to match up.

The sound si nice, real quiet at low speed, light throttle, but they roar pretty good when you romp it. You have to hear them, sound is a personal thing.

NAVCHAP
05-19-2005, 07:48 PM
Heard TMAC's dual modes one night at Tower Shops, they are everything they are supposed to be, and then some. Prefer stock myself, like hearing the s/c over the exhaust. But if going with a muffler upgrade it would be Dual Modes. -kjs-

oldekid
05-20-2005, 09:58 AM
Thanks for all the help guys. . . I got em on order.