PDA

View Full Version : WHATS WITH STS's Near Detroit

vaderv
03-01-2003, 06:24 PM
;) I'm beggining to notice a disturbing (cough cough) trend in my little corner of the world. I've had maybe 5 challanges (term used loosely) since I've taken delivery of my MM. So far 1 Camaro and heres the funny part 4 Cadillac STS's! Whats with these guys. Needless to say they all got:flamer: :P . The latest was tonight, and this guy was all the way from Georgia. Anyone else notice this, or is there another car that seems to wanna run all the time in your area??:coolman:

merc406
03-01-2003, 06:55 PM
I think those Caddy advertizment's are making those owners think they are driving a muscle car, NOT! LOL!!

gja
03-01-2003, 07:00 PM
Yeah, I think the STS owners have an inferiority complex with their overly expensive Northstar engines and MSRP starting at nearly $46 grand. They seem to think just because they have the about the same HP they can run us. They find out too late that the MM is not JUST a strong engine but a fairly complete performance package.

Smoked plenty of'em myself....sure wipes that smug "look at my CADDY, it costs lots more" grin off of their faces.

vaderv
03-01-2003, 08:00 PM
:D yes it does.

CRUZTAKER
03-01-2003, 08:19 PM
No one wants to race around here, they all hammer the brakes and pull over. This sucks........

RCSignals
03-01-2003, 09:49 PM
There is this great urban legend that the 4.6 Northstar is a real muscle engine.
I read an article on the upcoming version for RWD, and it was still hailed as a powerhouse. The specs of the Marauder engine, however , are still better. Funny how the magazines think the Northstar is hot yet the Marauder engine "underpowered"

Sidney
03-01-2003, 10:07 PM
I raced two impalas on the freeway a couple of weeks ago. Killed both of them. They are fast out the hole, but once the MM gets going, it's bye bye. Being that we both were already up to 65 mph, I pulled away from him.

Reaper948
03-01-2003, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by RCSignals
There is this great urban legend that the 4.6 Northstar is a real muscle engine.
I read an article on the upcoming version for RWD, and it was still hailed as a powerhouse. The specs of the Marauder engine, however , are still better. Funny how the magazines think the Northstar is hot yet the Marauder engine "underpowered"

RC not to be obnoxious or offensive....
Ive read many many things on the Marauder being 'underpowered'

I think what they mean is the Marauder deserves a bit more bump than just 300.....critics think it should live up to the 'muscle car standard' in that to them, the acceleration feelings underwhelming.....

SCREW EM :lol:

RCSignals
03-02-2003, 12:03 AM
reaper, that's basically what my meaning was :lol:

Reaper948
03-02-2003, 12:04 AM
i love being the made-fun-of young kid

Jack McKenzie
03-03-2003, 12:31 PM
I went to Kansas City a couple of weeks ago and I smoked a STS and a SS Impala. I wasn't sure if they were really trying because my car seemed to run off and leave them. So far I love my car and maybe someday I'll think about some upgrades but it runs great just the way it is. I bet the rest of you MM drivers get a " BIG " smile when your driving these Black Beauties. mine has the factory wing that diffinately improves the looks.
I've had alot of interest and compliments on my car so far.

Jack McKenzie
03-03-2003, 12:35 PM
Hey I'm from Rock Island/Moline IL area is there anyone even close? I'd be interested in getting together with MM owners and comparing notes. I know with bike clubs we have rides and get together for lunch/dinner and talk. It's alot of fun. I'm interested in doing this - let me know if there's anyone in my area that's interested.

derek77
03-03-2003, 02:12 PM
I've always thought the STS was the fastest American made sedan out there. I don't have my car magazines with me right now, but I believe Motor Trend has tested them at 14.8 if I remember correctly and a top speed of 140 or 150. Are you sure they weren't SLS's because they are the slower of the two.

Fourth Horseman
03-03-2003, 05:38 PM
Those STS guys are the ones I keep looking for, but they'll never race. :)

I actually really like the STS. If I could afford one I'd love it. But I wouldn't for one moment think it'd compete with the Marauder parked next to it in my garage. I'd get an STS as a luxury cruiser, not a muscle sedan.

vaderv
03-04-2003, 12:31 PM
yep I'm sure they were STS's. That car isn't nothing speed wise. I'm going to come up with a kill mark (like they do on fighters and tanks) for STS's. Any suggestions???

vaderv
03-04-2003, 12:33 PM
Wait I know!!! A flaming yuppie. ; )