PDA

View Full Version : Raid on Cleve,3

FastMerc
05-22-2005, 09:35 AM
What a great time.I met some great people lots of cool Marauders.All the food Barry had was great.Even got a tune from Dennis.WHAT a difference cant wait to hit the track. Srgt Mac had some great stories to tell,Lincolns ya right:) We had a 10 car caravan to the track. The runs at the track were a blast,we surprised a lot of people there,Aprivilage to have our owne lane for staging. Barry did a great job with the food and everything else,radio entertainment was fun,it appealed to everyone. Haggis had some fun with the locals standing by the road taking pics of the locals but he realy wasnt.The locals got a show with,some car tuning and burnouts.Zachs car has a show of its owne from behind. Check out pics in my gallery,Hack looks pretty important.Once again thanks Dennis for the tune.:banana2:

Hack Goby
05-22-2005, 10:08 AM
http://home.comcast.net/~hack_goby/Mat_Balboa.JPG I just wished I could have drag raced but spending the day with everyone enjoying the great food,Great people,and great stories was well worth it.Heres a pic of Mat Balboa,Rocky`s brother.I think everone had that hat on at one time or another :D

CRUZTAKER
05-22-2005, 12:10 PM
It's gonna take some time to recover. I am totally spent, tired, hungover, and very content.

Everything worked out nicely. I didn't get the official count, but I believe there were as many as 20 Marauders and 35 or more people here throughout the day. Lot's of new faces, and lots of new members.

I can't thank Dan enough for taking the time to man the grill this year. Thanks dude...you rock!

Dennis, thanks for giving EVERYONE of the new members the special attention, and keeping us laughing our asses off with all the stories.

The street in front of the house is showing evidence of 'tire play'....nice...nicer that the neighbors all stopped by this morning to extend their compliments for the show of muscle, and their disbelief that this big old car can do what was exhibited. :burnout:

I have a ton of pics to edit today. I won't upload till we get a dedicated event folder in the gallery.

Hey Dan, when you're feeling up to it, how about a folder. ;)

Last for now:

A big thanks to everyone for your generous donations. We did good! And could have easily accomodated a dozen more folks.

I need a nap.....:D

:sleepy:

MM03MOK
05-22-2005, 05:41 PM
I have a ton of pics to edit today. I won't upload till we get a dedicated event folder in the gallery.

Hey Dan, when you're feeling up to it, how about a folder. ;)

That's :bunny2:'s job and it's all done!! My pics will come along once home.

CRUZTAKER
05-22-2005, 08:40 PM
Thanks Mary!

Are you going to upload all the pics you put on my laptop? I already photoshoped them and resized as well. I can upload them with mine....or not...let me know.

I'll start putting mine up tomorrow.

I took monday off.....I am not feeling well.;)

SergntMac
05-22-2005, 09:12 PM
I took monday off.....I am not feeling well.
Often follows a great weekend, yes? My boss is still getting used to this. Used to the fact that I don't do so well on Mondays. He even offered me a day off change.

He said "you have been taking Monday off lately".
I said "Yes sir. It's spring. What do you expect"?
He said "a ride in that car".
I said "Let's go".

We reached for our jackets, and walked proudly towards the elevators, until he said "with me behind the wheel, I wanna drive."

*****...What can I say now?

He's my boss, but he doesn't have a clue.

Like, he saw my "burnout" pics from MV-II and asked me why "steam cleaning" the undercarriage was so important.

Ummm...Well..."Because less dirt means a lighter car?"

I'm working tomorrow, it's my Monday.

MM03MOK
05-23-2005, 04:37 AM
Thanks Mary!

Are you going to upload all the pics you put on my laptop? I already photoshoped them and resized as well. I can upload them with mine....or not...let me know.

I'll start putting mine up tomorrow.

I took monday off.....I am not feeling well.;)Where did you find time to do that?? LOL Please do! I increased the upload number from 5 to 10 at a time. Thanks! Can't wait to see them all! And thanks for the camera tips. Seems I have to work on the focus setting in "P" mode.

spub
05-23-2005, 08:42 AM
Barry-

I can't thank you enough for all the work you and Jess went through to make this such a great time. Though we could only make it one day, being able to meet and put faces together with some of the members was really great. In fact we just booked three days in Detroit this August.

Hoping to have a few small things done by then. Maybe a trip to Lidios if I can work it out :D .

Take care and thanks again.

Kirt

Dennis Reinhart
05-23-2005, 08:54 AM
http://web.iwebcenters.com/reinhartautomotive/images/session/00-00-1116864365-DSC00188.JPG

CRUZTAKER
05-23-2005, 09:28 AM
A picture is worth a thousand words....http://web.iwebcenters.com/reinhartautomotive/images/session/00-00-1116864365-DSC00188.JPGAnd 182 are worth....? uhhh.....182,000....:P

EAM-III Gallery is up.

HERE (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=528)

:up:

Here ya go Dennis....preparing for a busy day.

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/gallery/data/528/medium/DSC_0905.JPG

Rider90
05-23-2005, 09:28 AM
And 182 are worth....? uhhh.....182,000....:P

EAM-III Gallery is up.
HERE (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=528)
:up:

I've been watching that gallery in the making all morning :) Looks great! Glad to hear everyone had a good time.

Dennis Reinhart
05-23-2005, 09:46 AM
Pet Shark

http://web.iwebcenters.com/reinhartautomotive/images/session/00-00-1116866647-DSC00174.JPG

mpearce
05-23-2005, 06:31 PM
Hey Everyone,

Barry, Jessica, and Gage...thanks for the great time, yet again. Heather and I were looking forward to this event for a long time.

Barry...thanks for letting me be the "caravan leader" so many times. Leading that many MM's through my own city and highways was a wonderful privilege.

Windy City Boys...and girls...it was nice to see you all again...and meet you all for the first time. Big Joe P...sweet shirt man, thank you very much for bringing me one. I'm all about the gold tooth. Mac, thanks for the stories, and happy birthday...right? Zack, nice launches at the dragstrip, quite impressive I must say.

I was happy to see a lot of new faces...I never knew all these lurkers were around the cleveland area. We're going to have to have a cleveland local "round-up" one of these saundays and head down to Quaker Steak and Lube in Sheffield. We can let Mark (FastMerc) lead the way. Hey Mark...maybe I'll wear a "flame shirt" to the cruise?

The food was great, and boy were we full!! Or stuffed as Haggis would say...but not in Australia!

Hack, it was great to see you again as usual. I like that Gods Head bling bling you had on...way cool. Thanks for representin' the MCM's.

Thank you everyone for everything! We'll have to do this again sometime soon.

-Mat

jgc61sr2002
05-23-2005, 06:37 PM
The pictures are great. :) Thanks. Looks like you all had a wonderful time. :up:

merc
05-23-2005, 07:31 PM
Looks like fun for all. See ya next time :beer:

FastMerc
05-24-2005, 04:03 PM
Hey Everyone,

Barry, Jessica, and Gage...thanks for the great time, yet again. Heather and I were looking forward to this event for a long time.

Barry...thanks for letting me be the "caravan leader" so many times. Leading that many MM's through my own city and highways was a wonderful privilege.

Windy City Boys...and girls...it was nice to see you all again...and meet you all for the first time. Big Joe P...sweet shirt man, thank you very much for bringing me one. I'm all about the gold tooth. Mac, thanks for the stories, and happy birthday...right? Zack, nice launches at the dragstrip, quite impressive I must say.

I was happy to see a lot of new faces...I never knew all these lurkers were around the cleveland area. We're going to have to have a cleveland local "round-up" one of these saundays and head down to Quaker Steak and Lube in Sheffield. We can let Mark (FastMerc) lead the way. Hey Mark...maybe I'll wear a "flame shirt" to the cruise?

The food was great, and boy were we full!! Or stuffed as Haggis would say...but not in Australia!

Hack, it was great to see you again as usual. I like that Gods Head bling bling you had on...way cool. Thanks for representin' the MCM's.

Thank you everyone for everything! We'll have to do this again sometime soon.

-Mat Hey Mat didnt know you were into flamed shirts,a cool shirt to be around cool cars...:banana:

MarauderMark
05-24-2005, 05:00 PM
Great pics .made me feel like i was there for a lil bit. Glad everyone had a good time .See ya'll next year?