PDA

View Full Version : US 41 Closed Track Day 5-28-05

Zack
05-22-2005, 02:54 PM
US 41 is rented out to Ford Cars only this Saturday.
I attended this event last year and blew everyones doors off.
About 95% Cobras show up for this and a few Fox body Mustangs.
I was the only Marauder there and kicked some major ass.
$40 bucks to race from 8am-3pm.
Tell your wives you are going to the store. Dont be Sissies.
The track is about 35 minutes south of Route 30 and Route 41 in Indiana.
Be there.

martyo
05-22-2005, 04:53 PM
Are they going to be giving out time slips at this event?

TAF
05-22-2005, 04:59 PM
I don't get here often anymore...but when I do...and see "jewels" like this....I just laugh....... :lol: :lol: :lol:

ckadiddle
05-22-2005, 07:49 PM
US 41 is rented out to Ford Cars only this Saturday.
I attended this event last year and blew everyones doors off.
About 95% Cobras show up for this and a few Fox body Mustangs.
I was the only Marauder there and kicked some major ass.
$40 bucks to race from 8am-3pm.
Tell your wives you are going to the store. Dont be Sissies.
The track is about 35 minutes south of Route 30 and Route 41 in Indiana.
Be there.Dang I wish I was closer. Sounds like fun, even with a stock Marauder. As for the wife, she would want to be the driver. She'd kill me if I went without her.:coolman:

Zack
05-23-2005, 03:57 PM

Ya know, the more you say the less people like you.
Keep making your six figures and buying more toys.
Just remember you can only buy Hookers, not friends.

cyclone03
05-23-2005, 05:11 PM

:( :( ???? :rolleyes:

TooManyFords
05-23-2005, 05:41 PM
You can buy Hookers in Chicago?!? Cool!!

Rider90
05-23-2005, 05:44 PM
Steering this thread back in the right direction...

I won't be able to make it, Zack. Myself & BradleyG are heading over to Milwaukee to see Blackf0rk and assist in his Trilogy S/C install.

Whoop some stangs for us :D

TooManyFords
05-23-2005, 05:46 PM
Yep, I'd love to come to the event too but th 28th is the "All Night Street Drags" here at Cedar Falls Raceway.

Do they hold this event more than once in a year Zack?

BTW, do you have any finished badgless grills for sale? I'm getting a touchup on mine and thought it would be a nice touch.

Cheers!

John

Joe Walsh
05-23-2005, 05:50 PM

This brings new meaning to the phrase: "My friends SUCK!" ;) :D

CRUZTAKER
05-23-2005, 06:48 PM
Are they going to be giving out time slips at this event?You wouldn't need to ask if you could make it to one of the MM.NET arranged gatherings. If you did, see things like this.

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/gallery/data/528/medium/Zack_run1.JPG

Better than a hundred of us saw better times than this at MV-II
*Without Nitrous

NON-EXISTANT

Zack
05-23-2005, 07:44 PM
Thanks Barry

martyo
05-23-2005, 08:11 PM

Damn Zack, that really hurts my feelings. I sincerely apologize to you if you are offended by my success. First thing tomorrow I will quit my job.

Rider90
05-23-2005, 08:12 PM
Damn Zack, that really hurts my feelings. I sincerely apologize to you if you are offended by my success. First thing tomorrow I will quit my job.

Alright I'm not picking sides here, but sarcasm is a great thing, and that was funny :baaa:

Who's pissing the farthest? Atleast act MY age :D

Donny Carlson
05-23-2005, 08:14 PM
One thing his six figures has bought: A big plastic baggy FULL of time slips!

Not to quibble about this, but I think it's more like "rent" hookers.

SergntMac
05-23-2005, 08:24 PM
I don't get here often anymore...but when I do...and see "jewels" like this....I just laugh...
So do I. I laughedmyazzoff once I read crap opinion like your's.

I agree that you do not "get here often anymore", yet you're rather free to opine about what you find when you do visit us, eh? Thanks for stopping by?

You wouldn't need to ask if you could make it to one of the MM.NET arranged gatherings. If you did, see things like this.
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/gallery/data/528/medium/Zack_run1.JPG
Yep. You bet. That's the "real deal" caught on film y'all, and caught by someone who has no clue what we're dicing up, right here, right now.

What y'all see here in this pic, is Zack on "Dragway 42" pavement (somewhere in Ohio) and churning out his best time of this race event.

"11.75@116.86 MPH" is what I see, no juice is what I know. Read the clock in the pic, eh?

This pic IS Zack's timeslip. It's from a race track we visited just 72 hours ago, and his first run was caught on film in a snapshot taken by someone who has no preferrence to it's outcome, one direction or another, and without any politics whatsoever attached. It's just a pic, see what you want to see in it, eh?

It's also proof of a timeslip which track officals could not produce at the timeshack because they ran out of paper. Sorry to say that Zack's best time of this evening cannot be reproduced in any other manner than what y'all see here. But, I like (and accept) what I see.

Yet, "we" were all there with Zack, and we all watched it happen, so, if y'all wish/want to call this pic a lie, get busy on your keyboards, K? Lot's of EAM screen names are waiting to post their testimony too. Call one of us a liar, call all of us liars and if you do, you may have a challenge ahead of you.

One could make a big deal out of this missing timeslip right now, but someday, come to suffer this happenstance themselves. So, I say, reach for it. Your time in this chair awaits you.

Meanwile, it's your time to stand up and be counted. How do you feel about this? Our first '05 season "top dog" brag belongs to Zack. 11.75, 116.86 MPH, no juice.

Next?

martyo
05-23-2005, 08:29 PM
Our first '05 season "top dog" brag...11.75, 116.86 MPH, no juice, goes to Zack.

Next?

I guess I would be next because other than while we were fooling around in the dyno, my car has yet to be sprayed.

http://www.legalknevil.com/albums/Marauder/ate.sized.jpg

bigslim
05-23-2005, 09:41 PM
I know it is Zack's car because you can all the brake lights glowing. ;) Good run Zack.

Smokie
05-24-2005, 04:18 AM
Congratulations Zack, Great run and keep 'em coming.

Any member of our club that told me , "Javier, this is what I ran at the track" I accept as fact. I guess I am naive. I actually expect a friend to tell me the truth.....of course if I catch you in a lie.

Way to start 05' Zack. Great job.:beer:

stevengerard
05-25-2005, 08:20 PM
Thanks for the offer Zack, I can't wait to go to the drag strip with any MM. I'll be out of town so it looks like I will jhave to wait for another local event or MVIII.

Also nice run in Ohio