PDA

View Full Version : Airbag Light after flash.

LVMarauder
05-22-2005, 03:53 PM
I just installed my Xcal with a reinhart tune on it and now my airbag light comes on when I start the car. Its the 2 flash pause signal, and i read in another thread thats 22 and possibly a connector but this happened right after i reflashed the PCM. any ideas?

KilledKenny
05-23-2005, 12:30 PM
Just so you know the tune you installed has nothing to with the Air bag system. They are separate modules and it is impossible to program it with the SCT tunner. As for your Air bag light flashing 22, Lamp code 22 is a fault in the drivers side air bag circuit located in the seat. This fault could be anything in that side air bag circuit from the module to the actual air bag. What I would do with the key off is just look under the drivers seat and make sure you have nothing jammed under the seat that might disrupt any of the connectors. If you don't see anything obvious take it to the dealer and have it serviced.

Dennis Reinhart
06-16-2005, 03:59 AM
Just so you know the tune you installed has nothing to with the Air bag system. They are separate modules and it is impossible to program it with the SCT tunner. As for your Air bag light flashing 22, Lamp code 22 is a fault in the drivers side air bag circuit located in the seat. This fault could be anything in that side air bag circuit from the module to the actual air bag. What I would do with the key off is just look under the drivers seat and make sure you have nothing jammed under the seat that might disrupt any of the connectors. If you don't see anything obvious take it to the dealer and have it serviced.
This happened to me and the sensor came un plugged after moving the seat back and I took it to the dealer where they found my Mag light

Svashtar
03-03-2006, 04:56 PM
Follow up on an old thread. My air bag light just came on this morning. Is there a plug under both seats for this? I have a small tool case under the rear pass seat. Could that cause a problem?

I checked under hood and interior fuses for air compressor / bag and they are all good.

Thanks for any info.

Norm

Dennis Reinhart
03-03-2006, 09:34 PM
Follow up on an old thread. My air bag light just came on this morning. Is there a plug under both seats for this? I have a small tool case under the rear pass seat. Could that cause a problem?

I checked under hood and interior fuses for air compressor / bag and they are all good.

Thanks for any info.

Norm

This has nothing to do with SCT and yes there is plug under the drivers seat that can cause this problem.

Svashtar
03-06-2006, 12:46 AM
This has nothing to do with SCT and yes there is plug under the drivers seat that can cause this problem.
Thanks Dennis. I went out there and checked both seats super carefully and everything is hooked up as far as I can tell. The air suspension works perfectly as well when tested.

Going to have to suck it up and take it to the dealer which I HATE doing as they are usually good for screwing up something, plus it costs me a half days work. It also means I will have to reflash to the factory tune just to keep your tune safe from them.

Could be just the module itself is bad as someone mentioned. I hope it's not the circuit wiring in the seat. We shall see.

Thanks for the info.

Norm

blkgrape
03-06-2006, 09:17 AM
turn on the ignition and count the number of flashes on the air bag light it should flash the first digit a pause and then second digit from my memory if its 3 something then its the passenger seat problem. Check all the plugs seatbelt and airbag, small two wire plug, and three wire plug is the seat sensor.

Good luck

Svashtar
03-06-2006, 11:44 AM
turn on the ignition and count the number of flashes on the air bag light it should flash the first digit a pause and then second digit from my memory if its 3 something then its the passenger seat problem. Check all the plugs seatbelt and airbag, small two wire plug, and three wire plug is the seat sensor.

Good luck

Thanks for the info! I got a Viper alarm w/ remote start installed last year, and know he was in up by the ignition, so hope he didn't screw up any of the wires for the air bag circuit in the steering column.

But I think it's far more likely to be a seat sensor. It's just hard for me to get a look up under there...

Thanks again,

Norm