PDA

View Full Version : Latest Modification

DEFYANT
05-22-2005, 05:45 PM
Today I installed a JLT intake on the Defyant Marauder. It was not with out a little trouble though. I had to fab a fitting onto the JLT for a vacuum line. Of course I almost hacked the schitt out of it. I called Jay and let him know the difficuly I was having. I offered to immediatly send me a new mid-pipe to replace the modified one I "fixed". I told him no, I still had a couple of tricks to try and that I was going to go to home depot to make the fitting I needed.

When I got home, here was the PM I had received from Jay:

Let me know if you need my help. I can send you a new pipe with a fitting in it for (Very :2thumbs: Cheep) shipped. Will that help? I want you to have a good looking pipe on there.
Let me know and it's done.
JayThis was outstanding customer service.

Anyway, Jay the kit looks great and works as described. The whine from the S/C is much louder now and the boost shows a solid 10# at WOT. After reading the threads on these intakes, I also fabbed a little bracket to provide more support at the MAF.

Here are some pics:
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y193/Defyant/DSC00017.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y193/Defyant/DSC00018.jpg

:D :burnout: <!-- / message -->

Tucker
05-22-2005, 06:09 PM
That's great to hear Charlie. I'm glad you got it on and are happy with the results.
You have a odd PCV/IAC hose configuration I have never seen before, but was more then willing to help you make it right. I'm glad you saw that.

Anyway, I think this is a great set up for the Trilogy cars out there. So far the responce from them has been great.

Thanks for the pics and the post.:beer:
Jay

MikesMerc
05-22-2005, 06:12 PM
Defyant - Man that looks sharp! Did you paint that?

After seeing everyone else pick up some free boost at with this mod, and in person at Lidio's dyno day last month, I think I'm going to do the JLT too. I want to keep my Pro M that I've already invested in and the JLT is just the ticket (as compared to the K&N that uses the stock meter to work).

Its gonna be fuel pump time soon:)

Tallboy
05-22-2005, 06:16 PM
Looks great, Defyant! :)

DEFYANT
05-22-2005, 06:19 PM
Defyant - Man that looks sharp! Did you paint that?

Thanks Mike. I paid a little extra for the red intake. It looks good with the red filter there and its a nod to the DTR MMs out there ;) .

bigslim
05-22-2005, 10:48 PM
What is the red coolant you have in the intercooler bottle?

Bradley G
05-22-2005, 10:57 PM
Very nice thanks for the pics!Adds some flavor to the engine bay!

Bradley G
I gave a member(Ja- Bird) a ride Saturday night and he asked me if I modded my exhaust:D

DEFYANT
05-22-2005, 11:04 PM
What is the red coolant you have in the intercooler bottle?
I cant remember the name of the coolant... I will get back to you.

Svashtar
06-09-2005, 12:44 PM
Defyant, I was concerned about support for the unit in it's stock config, but it seems to be holding up OK. Can you tell me about the bracket you made to support the MAF and how you mounted it? Not sure if this is needed or not, but it couldn't hurt!

Thanks for any info.

regards,

Norm