PDA

View Full Version : Carolina Marauders Meet-June 11, 2005- FIRST LOCAL DYNO & TUNE & MORE

Marauderman
05-25-2005, 07:01 PM
CPRACING SPONSERS CAROLINA MARAUDERS MONTHLY MEET --SEE BELOW!!

Located at 4240 South Blvd. Charlotte, NC,
between Scallybark and Woodlawn Rd
Ok fellow club members---this something very new and great for us!!

YOU WANT TO PLAN EARILY FOR THIS & NOW -SATURDAY JUNE 11TH-NOON-

Negoations are complete--and CPRACING here in Charlotte has agree to host us for our monthly meet.

Ralph Maya, owner, has agreed to sponsor us this month and provide the following for us to come in and stop by and browse around:

* FREE FOOD--Yes - thats right- Ralph will have the grill cooking outside for all to feed on--NO COST!!!

* GROUP CLUB DISCOUNTS $$COST FOR:

-- DYNOS-- $ 40 FOR THREE(3) PULLS

-- TUNES - $100 for TUNES-- Done after all Pulls

-- Showroom supplies

--- Auto Shop--browse and see whats being worked on!

-- Offering of Clear Sealent " for our Bras like fastblackmers's done
by Ralph's wife, Donna, who is 3M certified for this work!!!

-- Also they provide IN-town mechanical work for our Cars at a
much lower cost!!

-- Tire and Wheel Balancing-New equipment!!! Trust me--I have
used them and its GREAT!

Please join me and thanking Ralph for hosting us by making plans
now to attend--Ms.M will be bring her '97 T-Bird for first dyno and
with her new 410's gears installed it should be interesting!!...

So..brings your friends and their cars as well...tell them to join us--
remember --free food----

....and finally, Ralph has said he will be advertising us on his forumn and in his shop of us coming there on June 11th--SO WE NEED TO SHOW OUR CARS TO OTHERS..

The shop also does alot of Stangs, Vetts, Vipers, and others--so there could be alot of others there as well--Hopefully Ralph 's Mach will be there too--its a 600 + beauty----

CPRACING ( Ralph) offers SCT, Dialbio, AND all others...check out his web address for more--

http://www.cprace.com/main/cp%20racing%20main%20pages/services.html

Well, were in --Thats 2---see ya there----it's time some of you get yours checked out--come on folks---outta be fun-- and oh yeah--you might want to bring some folding chair and ear plugs--:lol:

fastblackmerc
05-25-2005, 07:16 PM

Negoations are complete--and CPRACING here in Charlotte has agree to host us for our monthly meet.

Ralph Maya, owner, has agreed to sponsor us this month and provide the following for us to come in and stop by and browse around:

* FREE FOOD--Yes - thats right- Ralph will have the grill cooking outside for all to feed on--NO COST!!!

-- Showroom supplies

much lower cost!!

used them and its GREAT!

remember --free food----

....and finally, Ralph has said he will be advertising us on his forumn and in his shop of us coming there on June 11th--SO WE NEED TO SHOW OUR CARS TO OTHERS..

The shop also does alot of Stangs, Vetts, Vipers, and others--so there could be alot of others there as well--Hopefully Ralph 's Mach will be there too--its a 600 + beauty----

CPRACING ( Ralph) offers SCT, Dialbio, AND all others...check out his web address for more--

Well, were in --Thats 2---see ya there----it's time some of you get yours checked out--come on folks---outta be fun-- and oh yeah--you might want to bring some folding chair and ear plugs--:lol:
Sounds like fun. I'll be there. Thanks for setting it up marauderman!

Butch
05-25-2005, 07:19 PM
I will be there...Now that it is confirmed, I will give them a call to discuss my "special" tuning need...Thanks Marauderman!!!!

Marauderman
05-25-2005, 07:19 PM
Great Jim--Looking forward to seeing you there--actuall y, the shop is open from 9-5 , so we will probably be there eariler if you and others want to come sooner---Tom

Butch
05-25-2005, 07:21 PM
I may try to be there at 9, if Ralph wants me there that early. Whatever it takes!!!

Marauderman - If you talk to him again in the next few days, check with him about what payment types he will accept. The last tune we went to was kind of screwed up with paying two different people, and each not accepting the same type of payments.

Great Jim--Looking forward to seeing you there--actuall y, the shop is open from 9-5 , so we will probably be there eariler if you and others want to come sooner---Tom

Marauderman
05-25-2005, 07:22 PM
Great again--this is good --and as I mentioned above-if you want to come earlier--please do--we will be there probably around 10 am on.....Tom

Marauderman
05-25-2005, 07:23 PM
I may try to be there at 9, if Ralph wants me there that early. Whatever it takes!!!

Marauderman - If you talk to him again in the next few days, check with him about what payment types he will accept. The last tune we went to was kind of screwed up with paying two different people, and each not accepting the same type of payments.

OK --I will check with Ralph and provide all the payment details so it will be clear for all--thanks for mentioning it--...Tom

fastblackmerc
05-26-2005, 08:18 AM
OK --I will check with Ralph and provide all the payment details so it will be clear for all--thanks for mentioning it--...Tom
I should be there between 0900 & 1000.

SC Cheesehead
05-26-2005, 05:39 PM
Hey, looks like I'm open that Saturday, so I'll plan to attend.

SCCH

Marauderman
05-26-2005, 06:28 PM
Hey, looks like I'm open that Saturday, so I'll plan to attend.

SCCH
Great Rex----Glad you can show--- Its a good place to have anyone get a base reading and others for enhancements----

....BTW--Haven't been able to get with Ralph yet on payment methods--but it won't be like last time---since he does it all with his tech...and the other -- is if anyone needs help with directions when coming into town -call my cell ph --I'll be there earily with a few others it seems---

Pm me for my cell # if you need it----Tom

fastblackmerc
05-26-2005, 06:48 PM
Great Rex----Glad you can show--- Its a good place to have anyone get a base reading and others for enhancements----

....BTW--Haven't been able to get with Ralph yet on payment methods--but it won't be like last time---since he does it all with his tech...and the other -- is if anyone needs help with directions when coming into town -call my cell ph --I'll be there earily with a few others it seems---

Pm me for my cell # if you need it----Tom
Or look it up on Mapquest....

Butch
05-26-2005, 07:04 PM
Or look it up on Mapquest....
Or just let my car tell me which direction to go....

http://home.triad.rr.com/butch/Pics/NavMode.JPG

SC Cheesehead
05-27-2005, 06:34 AM
SHOW OFF! (grin)

SCCH

fastblackmerc
05-27-2005, 06:50 AM
SHOW OFF! (grin)

SCCH
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
What he said....

Marauderman
05-27-2005, 02:08 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
What he said....
......hey guys.........relax---...you gotta get whats really important first done to your MM---....BUTCH Blings can come later....( Your turn )...

Marauderman
05-27-2005, 04:17 PM

PAYMENT INFO

.....OK folks--I stopped by the shop and spoke with Ralph today--

All you need is cash or credit card--and if you carry one --it will be appproved--checks are special --and must be approved by me he said----wow--I've been upgraded to analaysis now---so ya are good for it --aren't ya !!...

I paid a 2nd payment on my engine work today and a guy ahead of me with plastic was spending a bunch---it shocked me!!!...he was ordering a S/C/er with alot of go goodies----I must remember to ask more about this guy and his car-----sorry--back on topic---ask me if you got any q's payments............Tom

Marauderman
05-27-2005, 04:44 PM
Haven't heard from alot of the locals........hummm--that is interesting.......ok folks..........the out of towners are coming------lets hear from the
in-towners....ok..........

Agent M79
05-27-2005, 05:46 PM
I shook up my Magic 8 Ball and it said "All Indications Are Yes".

I've no need for any dyno or tune time. I have want, but no need, and more importantly no cash to drive the want.

Marauderman
05-27-2005, 06:34 PM
I shook up my Magic 8 Ball and it said "All Indications Are Yes".

I've no need for any dyno or tune time. I have want, but no need, and more importantly no cash to drive the want.
.........ah ...thats ok ...as long as you show with that other DTR MM --..that is 3 plus mine--hiden of course--but maybe we can push her out for a line up--:lol:

Butch
05-27-2005, 06:36 PM
......hey guys.........relax---...you gotta get whats really important first done to your MM---....BUTCH Blings can come later....( Your turn )...
But as we know, the *REAL* bling comes with a little "whine" under the hood!

Yeah...I'm showing off, but I figure that I had better do it now before you guys start drooling over Marauderman's new motor!

Marauderman
05-27-2005, 06:42 PM
[QUOTE=Butch]But as we know, the *REAL* bling comes with a little "whine" under the hood! QUOTE]

.....whine......why have that when you can hear
"R O A R"-(your serve)

Butch
05-27-2005, 06:57 PM
[QUOTE=Butch]But as we know, the *REAL* bling comes with a little "whine" under the hood! QUOTE]

.....whine......why have that when you can hear
"R O A R"-(your serve)

ROAR? I bet you miss that sound...Don't you??? I might have to go outside and listen to mine once....(Just screwing with ya!!!)

Marauderman
05-29-2005, 05:07 PM
ROAR? I bet you miss that sound...Don't you??? I might have to go outside and listen to mine once....(Just screwing with ya!!!)
.........yeah--I know---I'm only hoping to be roaring for Sept.in Fla. for Dennis's fling.... and Nov. in Alt....for the SSHW5....got alot to do ..and time waits for no one--especially me----.........so...you planning these possibility.....would be fun --us going together.....

frdwrnch
05-29-2005, 05:09 PM
I may be able to make it. I need to get a baseline on a local dyno. I'm getting my headers, hi flo cats and x-pipe installed soon. After that I'll get another test and tune.

Proudcop
05-30-2005, 03:39 AM
Unfortunately that is my duty weekend. Im taking alot of time off in July so I might not be able to take off June 11. I will try my best.!!!!

JCB

Marauderman
05-30-2005, 07:36 AM
I may be able to make it. I need to get a baseline on a local dyno. I'm getting my headers, hi flo cats and x-pipe installed soon. After that I'll get another test and tune.
This shop just may very well be the place for you do have all that done--hope you can make it..........Tom

Marauderman
05-30-2005, 07:37 AM
Unfortunately that is my duty weekend. Im taking alot of time off in July so I might not be able to take off June 11. I will try my best.!!!!

JCB
Squeeze out another day or push one aside ----hope you can make it--Tom

Proudcop
05-31-2005, 03:39 AM
Hey Tom, Im going to try my best to see if I can switch a day of my vacation in July to June 11. I dont see why they cant but I will try my best, I dont want to miss the dyno!

JCB:beer:

dok
06-01-2005, 03:08 PM
Sorry for the delay in posting to this thread. I just got my computer out of the shop today after a 1 month delay. :mad2:

We are leaving tomorrow for New York and won't be back in time for this meeting. This will be the first onr that I have missed.

Marauderman
06-01-2005, 04:29 PM
Sorry for the delay in posting to this thread. I just got my computer out of the shop today after a 1 month delay. :mad2:

We are leaving tomorrow for New York and won't be back in time for this meeting. This will be the first onr that I have missed.
.....hey..let Dave drive by and Mrs. Agent can drive your Silver MM down--no one down here( the shop) has seen one---sorry you can't make it---and your retired so you should put off NY --you can go anytime--come and play with us.....Oh well..have fun...Tom

dok
06-02-2005, 07:39 PM
.....hey..let Dave drive by and Mrs. Agent can drive your Silver MM down--no one down here( the shop) has seen one---sorry you can't make it---and your retired so you should put off NY --you can go anytime--come and play with us.....Oh well..have fun...Tom

I am now in NY and my Marauder is with me. Another 800 miles we added today. Now over 38,000.

Agent M79
06-02-2005, 07:47 PM
I am now in NY and my Marauder is with me. Another 800 miles we added today. Now over 38,000.
Mrs. Agent loves Marauders... to death!

I fear the condition that she'd return it in would not be quite the pristine shape in which it was received.

SC Cheesehead
06-03-2005, 04:11 AM
Mrs. Agent loves Marauders... to death!

I fear the condition that she'd return it in would not be quite the pristine shape in which it was received.
Agent,

Are you inferring that she drives in a reckless and abusive manner?

She seems to be such a quiet person, I'd have never thunk it.:shake:

SCCH

Agent M79
06-03-2005, 04:19 AM
Agent,

Are you inferring that she drives in a reckless and abusive manner?

She seems to be such a quiet person, I'd have never thunk it.:shake:

SCCHI would never say anything like that about my beautiful bride. :sweat:

She is a thoughtful and considerate driver and would never go past 1/3rd throttle. :corner:

Marauderman
06-03-2005, 04:34 AM
She is a thoughtful and considerate driver and would never go past 1/3rd throttle. :corner:
...........uh.......thats not how I remember her drive with #7......:lol:

Marauderman
06-03-2005, 04:24 PM

-- Showroom supplies

much lower cost!!

used them and its GREAT!

remember --free food----

Bump time--come on folks--lets spread the word--one week to go---Tom

SC Cheesehead
06-03-2005, 07:12 PM
...........uh.......thats not how I remember her drive with #7......:lol:

Marauderman,

For sure! Ain't no "thoughtful and considerate" driving #7. From my recollection, anything past 1/3 throttle on #7 IS reckless driving!!:burn: :drive: (and I'm STILL grinning!)

SCCH

Proudcop
06-04-2005, 03:47 AM
Cooooooooooooooollllll, Im off next weekend, I will be there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!:banana2:

frdwrnch
06-04-2005, 06:10 AM
It seems senility is creeping in on me at an early age. I thought this event was today (june 4, 2005) that's why I put up the Shatley Springs Event post. I logged on to see what the days itinerary was and saw it was the 11th. I'll be in the mountains next weekend but I'll be thinking about y'all. I'll probably stop by the speed shop today anyway as I has some errands to run in that part of town. Dain Bramage.

fastblackmerc
06-04-2005, 01:47 PM
It seems senility is creeping in on me at an early age. I thought this event was today (june 4, 2005) that's why I put up the Shatley Springs Event post. I logged on to see what the days itinerary was and saw it was the 11th. I'll be in the mountains next weekend but I'll be thinking about y'all. I'll probably stop by the speed shop today anyway as I has some errands to run in that part of town. Dain Bramage.
I'll be there also... finish the remote start... claybar & polish.....

Marauderman
06-04-2005, 04:43 PM
[QUOTE=frdwrnch]I'll be in the mountains next weekend but I'll be thinking about y'all.[QUOTE]

..........Phooey..........you are suppose to go the mountains when WE go as group(:lol:) ...but seriously---can't you put off the mountain thingy--we really want to see you there with your Baers and all---come on.....do a switchy---Proudcop did......well...........( trying to make you feel bad---how am I doing).........tell us how much you had this planned --away from our monthly meet date --without telling us--and not putting us first--gosh--can't believe a service mgr. would do that.....better stop--you want to say something----tell the group --go ahead----we are waiting ..............

Proudcop
06-05-2005, 03:30 AM
Heres a qusetion for anybody who might known the answer. I found some moisture in the tachs's in front of the shifter, on the inside of the glass cover. Its just a small amount but it dissapeared after about 20 minutes of the car running and the interior light being on. There has been alot of rain lately but still that shouldnt happen.:confused: :help:

JCB

Proudcop
06-05-2005, 03:34 AM
Yeah c'mom FRDWRNCH, I switched my days!(not as good as Marauderman's plea)

JCB

fastblackmerc
06-05-2005, 07:21 AM
Heres a qusetion for anybody who might known the answer. I found some moisture in the tachs's in front of the shifter, on the inside of the glass cover. Its just a small amount but it dissapeared after about 20 minutes of the car running and the interior light being on. There has been alot of rain lately but still that shouldnt happen.:confused: :help:

JCB
I've never noticed it on mine. Was it actually on the tach or the clear cover over all the dash gauges? If it's was on the clear cover then it's most likely normal since the cover is not sealed (notice the hole around the trip reset is bigger than the reset plunger?). I believe the tach itself is sealed, or should be....

Proudcop
06-05-2005, 10:52 AM
Its actually not on the dash board, its on the gauges center console in front of the shifter, oil pressure gauge and battery gauge(two round gauges next to cigarrete lighter) It was on the inside of the plastic cover but only for a brief time. Im wondering if there could a small leak somewhere, but kind of odd that it would collect there.

JCB:help:

fastblackmerc
06-05-2005, 03:27 PM
Its actually not on the dash board, its on the gauges center console in front of the shifter, oil pressure gauge and battery gauge(two round gauges next to cigarrete lighter) It was on the inside of the plastic cover but only for a brief time. Im wondering if there could a small leak somewhere, but kind of odd that it would collect there.

JCB:help:
It's possible there's a small leak. I wouldn't worry about it. What you need are some "real" Autometer gauges to replace the factory "dummy" gauges. I'll show you mine this Saturday.

Proudcop
06-08-2005, 03:21 AM
Nothin but factory gauges on mine, definitly needs to be updated. I wont have to worry about moisture too much longer. Im in the process of buying another car so the Marauder can be put in the garage!!!!

JCB

Marauderman
06-08-2005, 03:58 AM
Nothin but factory gauges on mine, definitly needs to be updated. I wont have to worry about moisture too much longer. Im in the process of buying another car so the Marauder can be put in the garage!!!!

JCB
..makes it easier to add mods this way--uh...you get those "back-ups changed???"

Proudcop
06-08-2005, 07:32 AM
Right after our last meet I called Gate City Lincoln Mercury about the back up lights. After some research it was found that Ford is shipping the the gray lights and white lights under the same part number. This seems to be happening everywhere. They told me once they figure out the problem and get some lights that they will replace them at no cost. Until them I will be a little more unique them everyone else!!!! I cant wait, another month and the MM will be garaged and covered. Im setting my sights on on older model Jeep Wrangler no more than $5,000. I cant purchase until the end of June beg of July. So if anybody knows of a few around I would appreciate knowing. Cant wait till Sat!!!!!!!

JCB:beer:

Agent M79
06-08-2005, 08:41 AM
After some research it was found that Ford is shipping the the gray lights and white lights under the same part number.
Hmm. While I don't doubt this is a possibility, I would PM 'TheDealer' and see what he has to say about it. I have yet to ask him for a part he could get a number and status for.

Marauderman
06-08-2005, 04:50 PM
Bump Time yall---!! (learned that from my friend TAF)
Time is near--get with it--be there or be square---

-- Showroom supplies

much lower cost!!

used them and its GREAT!

remember --free food----

Marauderman
06-10-2005, 04:00 AM
Just another important note about this ---Several members have indicated they will be showing up between shop opening time from about 9 to 9:30 Am----which is cool , so if ya'll want to come earlier--please do--however the food probably won't be ready till later-----and starting earlier may be good since rain storms pop up in the noon to 2 PM time frame anyway---
See you there-----Tom

-- Showroom supplies

much lower cost!!

used them and its GREAT!

remember --free food----

Agent M79
06-10-2005, 10:32 AM
I should be there mid-to-late morning. Gotta prep for a garage sale in the AM and well mosey after it's all set up.

SC Cheesehead
06-10-2005, 07:27 PM
I should be there mid-to-late morning. Gotta prep for a garage sale in the AM and well mosey after it's all set up.
Change of plans, folks. My work schedule for next week has been revised and I'll be out of town all week, meaning I need to get some stuff wrapped up at home prior to my departure early Monday a.m. Soooooo, that means I've got to pass on this month's meeting, sorry!:bigcry:

Will plan on making July's meeting, and we're still planning on hosting the August meeting (a.k.a. the Pool Party) at our place.:party:

SCCH