Rider90
05-26-2005, 07:44 AM
http://midwestpanthers.net/wcmforum.jpg
Chicken Run

Who: The Windy City Marauders & Marauder Enthusiasts
What: Chicken Run
Where: Del Rhea's Chicken Basket - 645 Joliet Rd, Willowbrook, IL
When: Sunday, June 12th, 2005 @ 2:00 PM

As of May 26th, the following members have confirmed attendence for this gathering:

Rick - Slowpoke
Kris - 03marauder
Joe - Big Joe P
Lou - Lou
John - ex00p71
Jourdan - blackf0rk
Mac - SergntMac

The rest of ya's, confirm your attendence in here. At the last chicken run, although the numbers varied, I believe it was officially counted at twenty Marauders and one Crown Vic - It would be great if we could duplicate that. At this Chicken Run I will also have sign up forms to get some of you registered on the Windy City Marauders website so just ask me for one. Bring a pen! Or purchase one of Rick's ;)

Shaft333
05-26-2005, 08:12 AM
I might be there. But my luck has been rotten so far when it comes to this place.

Rider90
05-26-2005, 11:23 PM
In an effort to make this meet a little more known, I have thrown out an invite to CMC - The Chicagoland Mustang Club. I think it would be nice to have some variety, especially in the Mustang category, even more so since they are also 4.6L (Most) and some 4.6L Mach1 DOHC as well. I will keep you all updated on the progess if any of them would like to attend.

Shaft333
05-27-2005, 05:32 AM
That's cool and all, but I can go to just about anywhere at any given time to talk to a Mustang owner.

Rider90
05-30-2005, 07:26 AM
I don't know if I am staying for chicken this time around..

Also, if anyone with a 3000 stall T/C would be willing to throw their keys in my direction I would be interested in lurching around a bit to see if this is what I want to do next. Thank you

Rider90
06-04-2005, 05:15 PM
Count me out folks, won't be able to make this one.

SergntMac
06-04-2005, 05:47 PM
Count me out folks, won't be able to make this one.
Sorry to hear this.

It was your call to begin with, Jason, guess it's called off now.

This is okay with me, it's happened before, so, don't sweat it now.

But, what about all those Mustang owners you invited? You're going to let them know, right?

Rider90
06-04-2005, 07:29 PM
But, what about all those Mustang owners you invited? You're going to let them know, right?

Of Course.

Rider90
06-04-2005, 07:37 PM
Sorry to hear this.

It was your call to begin with, Jason, guess it's called off now.

This is okay with me, it's happened before, so, don't sweat it now.

The meet can still happen, I won't be able to attend. I hope you didn't get the idea that I was bursting everyone's bubble, did you? I'm just the Web-Designer.

MERCMAN
06-04-2005, 09:51 PM
So is this "thing" on or not????????

Rider90
06-04-2005, 09:54 PM
So is this "thing" on or not????????
I don't, and could not, understand why it would be called off...

TooManyFords
06-05-2005, 04:07 AM
I'll be there.

John

Slowpoke
06-05-2005, 09:31 AM
I'll be there.

John

well, heck... if we got a guy coming all the way from Iowa, the least we can do is show up for some chicken! After 6 straight day [and three more] of taking care of my son alone while the wife is out of town on business, I am looking forward to next Sunday!

Mac, if you to swap cars on Friday to do an engine cleaning, let me know!

03marauder
06-06-2005, 11:39 AM
I'm looking forward to it as well, and still plan on showing up.

MERCMAN
06-06-2005, 12:04 PM
count me in as well :)

ex00p71
06-06-2005, 12:43 PM
I'm still in.

03marauder
06-09-2005, 08:17 AM
So this is still happening correct? Just want to be sure before I show up and no one is there.

Slowpoke
06-09-2005, 10:06 AM
i have every intention in the world on being there!

svtguy
06-09-2005, 10:54 AM
I'll be stopping in for a bit.

MERCMAN
06-09-2005, 11:49 AM
Last minute change of plans,,I will not be attending this time :(

TooManyFords
06-09-2005, 12:02 PM
So this is still happening correct? Just want to be sure before I show up and no one is there.
If I'm the only one there, I -might- just change my mind and have a Burger!

Cheers!

John

Slowpoke
06-09-2005, 04:09 PM
i still plan on being there, with a bag of pens too!

Lou
06-09-2005, 05:59 PM
As long as the weather is good I'll be there for about an hour or so.
I'm sandwiching it in between 2 graduation parties.
It's a good thing I'm only 15 minutes away.

See ya there.

SergntMac
06-09-2005, 06:34 PM
i have every intention in the world on being there!
Ditto, what he said ^ there.

May be just the three of us, but the burgers are delicious, for a chicken shack.

Windy City meets are known for their surprises, we'll just have to see who shows up, eh?

03marauder
06-10-2005, 04:36 AM
Cool, then I guess I will see everyone there.

SilverStreak
06-10-2005, 05:01 AM
It looks like we can make it now too. I wonder if the burnout marks will still

be there from our last meet???

:burnout:

TooManyFords
06-10-2005, 05:08 AM
Tetsu wanted me to ask if anyone else from up Milwaukee area is coming down. He's interested in those Flowmaster 40's I have for sale and am going to bring them along just in case.

Mmmmm.... Chicken.... Mmmmm....

:D

blackf0rk
06-10-2005, 07:01 AM
I was planning on coming, until the MWPA site went down - thought the whole thing was called off, so I took out of my schedule. I'll see if I can work it back in. I'm from milwaukee with Flowmaster Delta's

Big Joe P
06-12-2005, 05:34 AM
I can't make this one guys. Look forward to the next...

TooManyFords
06-12-2005, 05:43 AM
I've got Mac's trunk box tops and the mufflers for tetsu in case a relay to Millwaukee can be arranged. I'm going to head out in about 30 minutes and Streets & Trips says it should 4.5 hours. But I like to stop for breaks in longer drives so I shouldn't be too early. If I am, then I'll just bring my Summit catalog and the laptop to look at while I wait!

To the Chicken Shack Robin, and hurry!

SergntMac
06-12-2005, 05:46 AM
See ya soon, John, safe travel. Talked to Turbo Ernie and Zack last night, expect to see them both today.

TooManyFords
06-12-2005, 05:48 AM
I can't wait to see Ernie's car! That thing has just got to ROCK!

(as do all the other MM's too! hehehe)

I checked the weather and it looks like a nice sunny day.

Mmmm... Chicken... Mmmm...

Bradley G
06-12-2005, 06:04 AM
I have my son's baseball game.
I missed his game yesterday, his first triple, and he claimed to beat out a dribbler back to the pitcher, where he said , "Dad, I was blocked by the firstbase man, so I had to dive over him to avoid a collision, I ended up doing a flip." He is 6'2"/220 @ fourteen and already wears the same size shoes az me!:P
He also was allowed to pitch, for the first time, the last inning. :censor:
Bradley G
A rain out however, would be another story, Safe travels to all!, especially John! :eek:

Rider90
06-12-2005, 07:04 AM
If someone could snap a few pictures that would be great. Send the full resolution shots to President@midwestpanthers.net. John, drive safe.

Slowpoke
06-12-2005, 07:25 AM
slowpoke will be there. The powers that be at the Poke household have decreed that today shall be a day wherein the male head of household will be allowed to venture out into the suburbs for fun.... and chicken!

TooManyFords
06-12-2005, 11:31 AM
Ok I'm early, but we've already got 4 of us here!

Mmmmm... Chicken... Mmmmmm!!!

john

blackf0rk
06-12-2005, 01:34 PM
Sorry I can't make it guys! I hope you're all having fun! :)

Light 'em up for me! ;)

Rider90
06-12-2005, 07:43 PM
Well, how did it go?

Slowpoke
06-13-2005, 08:25 AM
Well, how did it go?

It was fun!

I think just about everyone got to drive many of the cars. I think we had 11 Marauders. Zack brough his pristine 1959 Black Caddy. John drive in from Iowa. Mac drove my car so I could actually hear what it sounded like from outside the vehicle under WOT.

I had to leaves early; I am sure others will be able to describe the events better than I.

TooManyFords
06-13-2005, 08:32 AM
I just wanted to thank everyone that showed up yesterday. I had a great time and still made it home by 10pm. Much better drive back through Galena than the boring interstates.

Mac, thanks again for letting me drive your ride and for the good conversation over those cheeseburgers. Mmmmm! I'll start another thread on the IAT sensor.

Zack, way cool caddy! When you get a moment, could you document how you would setup the tranny shift points as you recommended? Much obliged!

Ernie, kudos! That was one schuuweeet looking bling, bling turbo setup! Can't wait to get a ride in it when you're tuned and ready!

Poke, I forgot to buy the pens! Just PM me your address.

Everyone else, I'm still bad remembering all the names but you know who you are, it was fun putting names I can forget to faces! I'm sure we'll do this again.

Cheers!

John

03marauder
06-13-2005, 08:44 AM
Yeah, it was a great time. Nice meeting some of the guys I've never met before. I should have had someone drive my car so I could hear what it sounds like from outside and behind. Maybe next time. Looking forward to the next one.

Lou
06-13-2005, 11:48 AM
Sorry I had to leave early but I squeezed it in between two graduation parties. Good time tho and the rubber makes were still there from the last time.

Lou

svtguy
06-13-2005, 01:43 PM
It was fun!

I think just about everyone got to drive many of the cars. I think we had 11 Marauders. Zack brough his pristine 1959 Black Caddy. John drive in from Iowa. Mac drove my car so I could actually hear what it sounded like from outside the vehicle under WOT.

I had to leaves early; I am sure others will be able to describe the events better than I.Rick, and a couple of others, you left before we passed out the brownies!
Don't worry though we had no problem getting rid of them.
What a great time. Many thanks to John and Mac for the rides in your mean machines.
Maybe next time John will show us where the spray button is, he he he. And yeah, Ernie you got a sweet looking set up dude.
See you guys next time.

stevengerard
06-13-2005, 09:10 PM
Sorry, I missed it. I completely forgot as I was digging a pond out with my 4 kids and two nephews. So I really couldn't have anyway, how do you stop a family thing like that. We took a break at 4:00 PM - I should have called Mac or Zack to see who if anyone was still there. Oh well, next time.

ex00p71
06-13-2005, 10:11 PM
It was a good time, thanks to the people that let me ride in thier Marauders and to the two other Crown Vics that showed up.

Slowpoke
06-14-2005, 06:07 AM
Sorry, I missed it. I completely forgot as I was digging a pond out with my 4 kids and two nephews. So I really couldn't have anyway, how do you stop a family thing like that. We took a break at 4:00 PM - I should have called Mac or Zack to see who if anyone was still there. Oh well, next time.

I, for one, want to hear more about this pond of yours. Perhaps if you rented a huge backhoe, digging the pond would go faster. I got dibs on driving the baqckhoe for the next pond. I always wanted to drive one of those things.

1987LTDmasta
06-14-2005, 05:09 PM
ok i just joined to say what a gr8 time i had yesterday. I used to setup the meets for CVN in the chicago area 3-4 years ago. its always great to attend these meets and meet new people. i think only 2 of you i've actually seen before (november, '03 meet)

and if i recall, i believe it was the last meet i attended.

anyway i look forward to the next meet.. maybe next time i'll propertly inflate my tire so i can actually do a burnout! :lol:

SergntMac
06-14-2005, 07:16 PM
i look forward to the next meet.. maybe next time i'll propertly inflate my tire so i can actually do a burnout!
Your Ford 4 door brought back more memories for me than I can illustrate here. My service vehicle since 1980 has been a 4 door Ford of one description or another, and I have spent a lot of street time behind those steering wheels. It was nice to see such a clean restoration as your's, thanks. Hope to see you again at another "to be announced" Chicken Run.

TooManyFords
06-14-2005, 07:37 PM
Next time, I think I'll try the chicken!

hehehehe!

1987LTDmasta
06-15-2005, 03:37 PM
Your Ford 4 door brought back more memories for me than I can illustrate here. My service vehicle since 1980 has been a 4 door Ford of one description or another, and I have spent a lot of street time behind those steering wheels. It was nice to see such a clean restoration as your's, thanks. Hope to see you again at another "to be announced" Chicken Run.actually whats funny is that it originally wasn't a police model. it was fully-loaded LX model. Jason (rider90) and a few others saw it beforehand.. it was sharp before, but rust began to show its ugly face.. after taking her out of winter storage in april, i decided to go ahead with the project and resotre her.

initially i was going to keep her looking original, but the vynl top was beggining to fade and crack. i also preferred the clean look of a hard top..

.. and then after watching MIB, i couldnt resist, so i went ahead and turned her into a "s" model look-alike ("s" model back in the '80s would be the equivalent to a p71 today)

and thanks to all that liked my car. it was a budget project, so i didnt expect it to be perfect.

and count me in the next Chicken run! I live right off the I-55 in the city so its a hop, skip n jump from me!

Rider90
06-15-2005, 04:35 PM
Epi, I saw the pics and the car looks amazing. Big Joe, Rick (Slowpoke) and Mark all got a peek at it in Plainfield back in the day and it looks great. Looking forward to seeing it in person!

stevengerard
06-15-2005, 06:28 PM
I've driven a backhoe and frontloader, lots of fun. But there is something about digging a pound by hand. Right now it is 3'.5" deep, 8' wide and 14' long. I have to order a linning on the internet. Of course the cheapest place wants the most for shipping the expensive places charge next to nothing for shipping. 4 years ago my wife bought a pound kit for me on Father's day. The kids have been asking me every year since to do it. With the twins I was hesitant until they were old enough to understand the danger - at 5 I hope they are - but thats why I won't go deeper than 4 feet so they can stand in it.

My sun got some koi for free so he is forcing the issue - one day soon we should have a chicken run at my place and folks can bring the kids, I have a nice sized deck, hot tub and a huge playset - also built by hand.

1987LTDmasta
06-15-2005, 08:05 PM
speaking of pics..

anyone got pics from the meet anywhere? i got some..

Rider90
06-15-2005, 08:51 PM
speaking of pics..

anyone got pics from the meet anywhere? i got some..

http://windycity.midwestpanthers.net "Pictures"

MM03MOK
06-15-2005, 09:02 PM
She's beautiful, Zack!!!! :cheer:

http://windycity.midwestpanthers.net/picsweb/5.jpg

Rider90
06-15-2005, 09:08 PM
Agreed. I really, really, wished I could see that in person. I know for a fact when it comes to restored classics, pictures never do it justice.

Bradley G
06-15-2005, 09:21 PM
Any shots of the Grill?:D

Bradley G

http://windycity.midwestpanthers.net/picsweb/5.jpg

1987LTDmasta
06-16-2005, 07:22 PM
Any shots of the Grill?:D

Bradley Gfront-

http://www.ltdmasta.com/IM004449.JPG
rear-
http://www.ltdmasta.com/IM004450.JPG

i stayed away most of the time cause i was afraid of drooling all over it!

there's something about big old american iron that really hits that soft spot.. :banana2:

Bradley G
06-16-2005, 09:57 PM
I Like it!

I could see getting the "Last ride" in that~:help:
Bradley G