PDA

View Full Version : Storage space?

MMpridenjoy
03-03-2003, 10:44 AM
Does anyone know of any "free-space or online storage" for uploading and keeping pics? I would like to post a thread here with some step-by-step pics but have no URL to upload them from. Any help appreciated.

Cooper
03-03-2003, 01:23 PM
Have you checked with your ISP? Most of them offer a "personal web page" where you can post your own photos. It's usually "free" with your internet cable service.

MMpridenjoy
03-03-2003, 02:12 PM
Yeah, I hear ya. After trying to pursue that route, I found out that Optium Online does not offer webpage or storage space yet. My other ISP's have.

RCSignals
03-03-2003, 02:26 PM
try superford.org and imagestation.com

CRUZTAKER
03-03-2003, 02:53 PM
Nor does MSN.

Hey LML, deja'vu or what?????

MMpridenjoy:

Good luck and try to keep your cool. Most free image hosting sites have a little secret. You have to PAY to be able to URL auto link to their site. They are more than willing to let you store stuff, but for your friends to view the stuff, they have to actually HIT the site.

My grandpa has AOL. I'm gonna stash stuff in his site. He'll never know.
:)

LincMercLover
03-03-2003, 06:38 PM
LOL, you people need to start letting AOL rip you off like they do me! At least I got somewhere to put my pics! :P

Now... if I only had somewhere to put those vids...

looking97233
03-03-2003, 07:51 PM
having a free account at yahoo get you 30mb of space. You can use it like a briefcase, photo album, whatever.

MM03MOK
03-03-2003, 08:15 PM
It may not be exactly what you're looking for, but www.shutterfly.com lets you upload pictures and create photo albums. Pictures can be shown in a slide show. They make their money by charging for prints but there's no charge or password (unless you want one) to view pictures. No charge to create an account.

When you "share" the pictures, a URL is generated. Post that and you're good to go. It works great and doesn't take up HD space on viewers' computers. I use it all the time.