PDA

View Full Version : New blower first day - AGAIN

DEFYANT
05-28-2005, 03:56 PM
Every black cloud has a silver (birch) lining.

Some of you may recall that my original blower was defective. The car still ran though, it just didnt idle well and would stall. There was a vacuum leak where the blower snout bolts to the housing. Jerry sent out a new blower the following week.

Rick and I finally managed to get the schedule to cooperate and installed the new blower today. What can I say... This car simply rocks! Now the car is complete!! Driveability is so much better. I am lucky enough to not need the car to commute so this inconvenience was not a big deal.

Defyant Marauder is now ready to rock!! I need to get this beast to the track! BTW, the dyno was out of service so the big test will have to wait for now.

Krytin
05-28-2005, 04:01 PM
Sounds good - let me know the next time you will be in NY!

03SILVERSTREAK
05-28-2005, 04:03 PM
Every black cloud has a silver (birch) lining.

Some of you may recall that my original blower was defective. The car still ran though, it just didnt idle well and would stall. There was a vacuum leak where the blower snout bolts to the housing. Jerry sent out a new blower the following week.

Rick and I finally managed to get the schedule to cooperate and installed the new blower today. What can I say... This car simply rocks! Now the car is complete!! Driveability is so much better. I am lucky enough to not need the car to commute so this inconvenience was not a big deal.

Defyant Marauder is now ready to rock!! I need to get this beast to the track! BTW, the dyno was out of service so the big test will have to wait for now.
Kick butt Defyant...:banana2: :coolman: :up: :rock: Now you can:hotrice: :2thumbs:

BillyGman
05-28-2005, 04:19 PM
That's good to hear Defyant. BTW, if I were you, I'd stick to getting just the Dyno TEST (and perhaps an AFR TEST as long as they don't measure the AFR with a tailpipe sensor at the place that you go) w/out allowing your local place talk you into a Dyno TUNE now that your car is supercharged. Trilogy and Lidio have the tuning down to a science, and that's burned into the chip that's included with your Trilogy S/Cer kit. So I wouldn't let anyone but Lidio himself mess with that if I were you. Just a suggestion pal. ;)

Tallboy
05-28-2005, 04:22 PM
The force is strong with this one...:up:

DEFYANT
05-28-2005, 05:16 PM
The dyno test w/ A-F-R is what I'm looking for. But. :D Rick is an accomplished machanic and tuner. He clearly is not a wannabe w/ a flasher like some guys out there. In fact, he not only is an authorized dealer of Trilogy MS products, Jerry himself gave Rick the blessing when I was considering having Amazon Racing do the install.

That said, Rick says "If I was to have anyone else out there tune my car, it would be Lidio." Very high prase!

I want the test done. The re-tune will wait if not needed ASAP.

Smokie
05-28-2005, 05:28 PM
Congratulations, glad you now have your car running perfect.:D

MikesMerc
05-28-2005, 06:49 PM
Glad to hear you're running at full steam now! :beer:

BillyGman
05-28-2005, 10:28 PM
The dyno test w/ A-F-R is what I'm looking for. But. :D Rick is an accomplished machanic and tuner. He clearly is not a wannabe w/ a flasher like some guys out there. In fact, he not only is an authorized dealer of Trilogy MS products, Jerry himself gave Rick the blessing when I was considering having Amazon Racing do the install.

That said, Rick says "If I was to have anyone else out there tune my car, it would be Lidio." Very high prase!

I want the test done. The re-tune will wait if not needed ASAP.I think it's commendable that he acknowledged Lidio in his statement like that. That's sounds pretty good. Please don't think that I'm trying to debate with you though. I'm really not. However, I do hope that you understand my veiwpoint on that. My thinking is, that it's one thing to install a supercharger. With how detailed the Trilogy manual is, it doesn't take a great deal of Marauder specific knowledge nor highly technical experience to perform the installation itself (which is why guys like me were able to perform the installation).

But engine TUNING is quite different on a supercharged engine than the installation itself is. I'm not knocking that guy you're speaking of, but incase you haven't already read it, click on this link to read Lidio's article. I found it very eye opening, and very much down to earth on the subject of tuning supercharged engines. And after speaking with Lidio over the phone about this, I'm thoroughly convinced that not all engine tuners are the same when it comes to supercharged engines. And Lidio isn't the only engine tuner I've spoken with either. just a heads up for ya. I'm not neccessarily disagreeing with you since I don't even know the person you've mentioned. This article is just some food for thought. ;)

http://www.alternativeauto.com/tuning/tuning_philosophy.html BTW, after reading the article, keep in mind that it's Lidio who burns all the chips that the Trilogy supercharger kits come with.

DEFYANT
05-29-2005, 08:51 AM
Thanks Billy. I read that during my research stage. It was a contributing factor in my desision to go the Trilogy route.

RoyLPita
05-29-2005, 10:45 AM
Good to hear. Keep us posted, please.

Cobra25
05-29-2005, 11:02 AM
Congrat's, glad to hear it's running alot better.

FiveO
05-29-2005, 12:28 PM
I'll add another "Glad to hear its running much better!".

Congrats!

:party: