PDA

View Full Version : Trilogy # 80 is done and on the road

txmarauder
05-28-2005, 11:06 PM
Finally, I finished it this evening and test drove it for about an hour. I can tell just by normal driving that is has more low end and the shift points are changed, which really helps. I did not get into the boost anymore than 4-5 psi and that was gradual in 2nd gear, and with just that it pulled nicely. The car runs very smooth, overall i am happy with the kit. In my opinion it is worth the 6k in parts and the everlasting grin. As luck would have it i drove around looking for a kill and there was nothing, oh well there is always tomarrow. Greg:D

bigslim
05-28-2005, 11:21 PM
Congrats on your Trilogy. It seems like every week someone is getting a blower on their car. Have fun.

HwyCruiser
05-28-2005, 11:24 PM
Another well deserved congrats. :beer:

No kidding Slim, seems like the blowers are growing on trees in our little nirvana called Marauderville. :D

BillyGman
05-29-2005, 12:07 AM
Finally, I finished it this evening and test drove it for about an hour. I can tell just by normal driving that is has more low end and the shift points are changed, which really helps. I did not get into the boost anymore than 4-5 psi and that was gradual in 2nd gear, and with just that it pulled nicely. The car runs very smooth, overall i am happy with the kit. In my opinion it is worth the 6k in parts and the everlasting grin. As luck would have it i drove around looking for a kill and there was nothing, oh well there is always tomarrow. Greg:DI'm glad to hear that. You gotta get into that 9+ boost level. That's when things really happen. But incase you don't already know this, it's best for your transmission if you're going above 30 MPH when you hit the go pedal, if you first click off the O/D and then hammer it. Doing that will give you a much smoother downshift also. May the boost be with you.

RF Overlord
05-29-2005, 05:17 AM
May the boost be with you.

Billy, I think you may have just coined the site's new official motto... :D

Tallboy
05-29-2005, 05:45 AM
Congratulations, Greg! :up:

DEFYANT
05-29-2005, 06:57 AM
Finally, I finished it this evening and test drove it for about an hour. I can tell just by normal driving that is has more low end and the shift points are changed, which really helps. I did not get into the boost anymore than 4-5 psi and that was gradual in 2nd gear, and with just that it pulled nicely. The car runs very smooth, overall i am happy with the kit. In my opinion it is worth the 6k in parts and the everlasting grin. As luck would have it i drove around looking for a kill and there was nothing, oh well there is always tomarrow. Greg:D
It has beed a good weekend for Trilogy cars.

Congrats sir!

Logan
05-29-2005, 07:54 AM
But incase you don't already know this, it's best for your transmission if you're going above 30 MPH when you hit the go pedal, if you first click off the O/D and then hammer it. What's that burnout boy?! :banana2:

MikesMerc
05-29-2005, 07:59 AM
Congrats on the new SC :banana:

DEFYANT
05-29-2005, 09:41 AM
What's that burnout boy?! :banana2:
:lol: :laugh:

Burnout Boy! Hey there are worse nicknames! :D

Cobra25
05-29-2005, 11:05 AM
Congrat's Greg ! Hope you have lot's of fun with it.

BillyGman
05-29-2005, 01:41 PM
What's that burnout boy?! :banana2:Just something a board administrator once told me. And he was correct. ;)

Logan
05-29-2005, 03:47 PM
That'd be why he replaced ripped his tranny apart and bullet proofed it ahead of time! ;)

BillyGman
05-29-2005, 03:51 PM
That'd be why he replaced ripped his tranny apart and bullet proofed it ahead of time! ;)AAAAHHH, I didn't remember that you did that. But either way, hammering it while in O/D is a bad practice, especially if your car is puting down something in the neighborhood of 400 HP to the wheels or more.:banana2:

ckadiddle
05-29-2005, 06:00 PM
I understand you had better have some Depends on the first time you floor it with a new supercharger. Also, it's time to order a new set of rear tires. :) Maybe two sets.

BillyGman
05-29-2005, 06:27 PM
I understand you had better have some Depends on the first time you floor it with a new supercharger. Also, it's time to order a new set of rear tires. :) Maybe two sets. I guess it all DEPENDS (pun intended) on what you're used to. I used to have a Jap bike that got into the low11's, and have driven other bikes almost as fast too. So a supercharged Marauder isn't the fastest vehicle I've ever driven. But it sure is exhilerating when I hit the Go pedal. A lot more than it was when the car was three seconds slower in the quartermile when it was right off the showroom floor. And it now IS the fastest car that I've ever owned. Which is saying a lot in light of the fact that I've not only had cars that were two door coupes which were much lighter than the Marauder is, but also cars that had big block engines in them with 150+ more cubic inches of displacement than our Marauder engines have.

txmarauder
05-29-2005, 07:15 PM
I have put over 100 miles on it since last night, always looking for a reason to go drive somewhere. Got into it a little tonight, up to 9 psi gradually from a 30 roll. It felt great, i dont know if i was in 2nd or 3rd but it pulled strong and was not even to the floor. Trying to get up the nerve to go full throttle in first gear. Still looking for a ls1 car to race but have not found one yet.:cry:

BillyGman
05-30-2005, 10:40 AM
I have put over 100 miles on it since last night, always looking for a reason to go drive somewhere. Got into it a little tonight, up to 9 psi gradually from a 30 roll. It felt great, i dont know if i was in 2nd or 3rd but it pulled strong and was not even to the floor. Trying to get up the nerve to go full throttle in first gear. Still looking for a ls1 car to race but have not found one yet.:cry:If you're waiting for an LS1 equipped car, you have a good chance of beating them(I've beaten all three of the LS1 Camaro SS cars I've raced ) but you better start practicing your launches with whatever tires you have if you hope to get him from 0-60. I half throttle it out of the hole for 20-25 feet, and then right before it hits second gear, I can hammer it, and the tires grab. but I also have drag radials too which definately grab better. but maybe because you don't have the 4.56 gears like I do, you might be able to get your standard radials to grab alittle better of the line than I was able to.