PDA

View Full Version : #84 is breaking hearts in So. Wisconsin!

Bradley G
05-29-2005, 07:13 AM
A special thanks to Blackfork and his friends and family for the warm welcome and hospitality!

Yesterday will be a day I will always remember!:P I drove up to Blackforks'
Place left just before 6:00 am arrived just after 7:00 am.(mapQuest said 1hr.22min he he)
When I arrived much to my suprise,The blower was already installed fuel rails injectors ect.
Blackfork and his entourage had worked feverishly the day before doing the dissassemble and partial reassemble.
At first glance it appeared to be only several hours from being completed.
At first I was just warming up with some still shots with my cameras, and swaping stories and such.
After a while I was invited to partisipate in the install (sort of just started helping:o )
Installing the KB "Boost-a-Pump"
in the trunk was a little tough ( due to being 6'7" and trying to fit)
I felt a sence of accomplishment,when, with a little help, feeding the guage wires through the backseat was done.
Next I was on to installing the Guages.
That was cool too except,the part where you had to cut into the floor console.
At first I forgot that I had brought a straight cutting bit for the dremmel tool, which, made a controled and less risky cut, than the circular disk(whoops,! good thing I corrected that typo "dicks cutoff "may have ended our fun early):rolleyes: cutoff blades that Blackfork used to cut a hole for the coolant lines from the new radiator.
A while later I helped with assorted tasks under the hood,Accelerator & cruise control bracket,battery removal,wiring the alternator,fuse and relay for the Intercooler pump ect.
The day was just consumed before I knew it!
We did have an unfortunate first startup, The chip install was not done quite right,We failed to scotch brite (sorry Logan) both sides of the connection tabs on the PCM circuit board.
This caused a "NO crank" issue at the climax.
Blackfork, just dialed his cell to Carfixer & TallBoy to get more advise.
I remember reading this on the forum but in the heat of all the excietiment could not think straight.
I was relieved to know it was something really easy and simple to fix(and not due to my work):P
We also had one small coolant leak from where the new crossover tube comes out of the front of the engine.
Again to the rescue our forum members advised us what to do next!
A big thanks to all the resourses (Members) here Jerry Barnes for his exceptional kit,Ford motor company for producing this awsome canvass to play with,and of course Jourdan and company for letting me hang out and help.
The day was just consumed before I knew it!
Sorry You did not make it Rider90, You had other obligations I know.
But you missed one of the biggest smiles I have seen in quite some time.
The only thing is I though I was infected bad before this install,Now it had spred into full fledged obsession.
:eek:
I got some vid of this first run complete with a little treat, of Blackfork racing a new S/C Cobra, taken from the back seat of my car.:nono:
The Day concludes having a fine meal at a nice Italian restaraunt.
I left completely content,and wondering how and when, I am gonna get this kit ?:rasta:
Bradley G

Tallboy
05-29-2005, 08:23 AM
Sounds a lot like my Friday night.:D

I'm glad you got to participate in and enjoy the installation-I never get tired of handing wrenches to Carfixer.:)

blackf0rk
05-29-2005, 09:18 AM
Wow Brad, what a story - couldn't have said it better if I tried. The day was an absolute success and the the first attempt at startup was *almost* expected by myself - there's just too many things in this kit to not miss at least one thing (it's so very thurough). For all of you first time starter-uppers - sweet! :D

The Supercharged Cobra was an absolute hilarity and most definately fun - wait till you see the vids. Of course he took me by a half a car length, but when we stopped he (the guy in the cobra) looked over and said "That's things wicked fast!"; with a suprise on his face. I returned the compliment!

Thank you so very much Brad for coming up this weekend and helping - you were a big help, honestly. You kept our spirits high (he's quite the positive guy ;)) and you knew your stuff; which is always good. Great job and come on up anytime for a ride or drive ;)

A big thanks to Jerry for producing such an utterly flawless kit - I was amazed at the kits 'closure' at the end of the buildup. Their goal was to create something that looked stock, and all I can say is - you hit the nail right on the head. The car looks stock, feels stock (no chunky idle or anything like that), and the overall boost-experience is outstanding.

w00t!

:woohoo: :up:

FiveO
05-29-2005, 09:33 AM
Great story Brad!

And congrats blackf0rk!

Good to see another self install too!!!

:party:

MikesMerc
05-29-2005, 10:06 AM
WOW...great build up, and great story telling :beer: Wish I could have been there too.

When it comes to the hobby, THIS is what its all about eh? :woohoo:

HwyCruiser
05-29-2005, 10:47 AM
w00t!

That says it all. Congrats on the SC install! :beer:

jdando
05-29-2005, 11:29 AM
w00t!

Excellent!! Glad the install went well. Looks like it is time to update the "numbers" in your signature!!

Enjoy the boost.
jeremy

Bradley G
05-29-2005, 01:27 PM
Sorry Pal, I corrected my post:o

You were a great help and I haven't had any(much) sleep lately.
Please don't hold this against me when I call You Needing Help!
Bradley G
Sounds a lot like my Friday night.:D

I'm glad you got to participate in and enjoy the installation-I never get tired of handing wrenches to Carfixer.:)

Tallboy
05-29-2005, 01:37 PM
Sorry Pal, I corrected my post:o

You were a great help and I haven't had any(much) sleep lately.
Please don't hold this against me when I call You Needing Help!
Bradley GLOL! After my Friday nIght, I know all about lack of sleep! Got to bed at 4 AM and got back up at 8 AM to go out on my friend's new boat. I'm glad to help any way I can. Jourdan has my number should you [or anyone] need to talk to me.

All The Best...:beer:

BillyGman
05-29-2005, 01:52 PM
The Supercharged Cobra was an absolute hilarity and most definately fun - wait till you see the vids. Of course he took me by a half a car length, That's why I run drag radials on the street. So those guys won't take me by "half a car length" (nor at all).:D The Marauder engine has a greater compression ratio than the Cobra engines do, so even though we have the same basic supercharger on top with the Trilogy kit as they have on top of their engines, I think our higher compression ratio helps deliver a little more power which might offset our weight disadvantage. Maybe we have a slightly higher boost level too. I'm not sure about that though. Did they come stock from the factory with 9.5 PSI of boost like we have with the standard Trilogy pulley? I'm thinking it was only 8 PSI for them, but perhaps someone can either confirm that or correct me.

But I've enjoyed reading both yours and Brad's stories. Thanks guys. :banana2:

Bradley G
05-29-2005, 02:15 PM
Hey Billy!

Thanks for your comments and praise!
Blackfork left out the fact that he had apassenger in his Maruader and the Cobra had a single driver.
Blackforks' Marauder had a whole 10-15 minutes of run time on it and completely bald rear tires as well.( good thing I made you put more air in it!);)
From my angle ,driving the Camera car, I thought he beAT THAT RED COBRA.
It was also funny they both sat at the light waiting for a minivan to turn left in front of them,for several seconds after the light turned green.
The person in the minivan had to wonder WTF??? Why are they both waiting for me :confused: ."I wonder if the traffic light is broke?"
Even after the mini van cleared the inter section, the two had a bit of a stand off waiting for the other to go 1st :lol:
Great moment caught on camera!
With the footage we shot, I think, With the right resources, There could be a hellava comercial made.
Bradley G

That's why I run drag radials on the street. So those guys won't take me by "half a car length" (nor at all).:D The Marauder engine has a greater compression ratio than the Cobra engines do, so even though we have the same basic supercharger on top with the Trilogy kit as they have on top of their engines, I think our higher compression ratio helps deliver a little more power which might offset our weight disadvantage. Maybe we have a slightly higher boost level too. I'm not sure about that though. Did they come stock from the factory with 9.5 PSI of boost like we have with the standard Trilogy pulley? I'm thinking it was only 8 PSI for them, but perhaps someone can either confirm that or correct me.

But I've enjoyed reading both yours and Brad's stories. Thanks guys. :banana2:

Smokie
05-29-2005, 02:16 PM
Great story Brad ! I was there when some of those calls from BlackFork came thru Friday night...or was it Saturday morning? Tallboy is being humble, he does far more than just hand a wrench. Congratulations Car # 84.

BillyGman
05-29-2005, 02:21 PM
Tallboy is being humble, he does far more than just hand a wrench. That comes from years of being beaten into submission by his wife. :D

Bradley G
05-29-2005, 08:13 PM
That must be how he stays so cool under pressure!

Bradley G

That comes from years of being beaten into submission by his wife. :D

Tallboy
05-29-2005, 08:20 PM
That must be how he stays so cool under pressure!

Bradley GBilly's making a joke-good friends can do that.:)

Without Jennifer-I wouldn't have my Marauder or my Trilogy. She makes the money around here, I just spend it. Ask anyone who's met her-she's way too good for me. [SSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHH!]

Bradley G
05-29-2005, 08:31 PM
That's cool with me! Behind every great man: you know the rest!:bows: Thanks for the lesson guys!

Bradley G

Billy's making a joke-good friends can do that.:)

Without Jennifer-I wouldn't have my Marauder or my Trilogy. She makes the money around here, I just spend it. Ask anyone who's met her-she's way too good for me. [SSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHH!]